de-cluttering the home, as well as body & mind

Did anyone see the hoarder next door? Omg a guy lived in a 4million £££ mansion in London and he def needed minimel on hos back lol!!!
If you didn't see it try watching it was very good.

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

I can't watch those shows... They stress me out! ;). If I were wealthy I'd go around and make those people clean up their acts. BTW I'm a potential hoarder and am working on my issues. My house is far from "sorted". But I'm working on it.

Last edited:
Mel! I'm impressed. Sunday we did family fun day because we missed it yesterday as DH was working. We went to a garden centre that has a lovely outdoor play area.

Now I'm home. Dinner to sort soon but for now I'm going to get the jump on the week. My flying has slipped this last week!

Mel! I'm impressed. Sunday we did family fun day because we missed it yesterday as DH was working. We went to a garden centre that has a lovely outdoor play area.

Now I'm home. Dinner to sort soon but for now I'm going to get the jump on the week. My flying has slipped this last week!

Sounds lovely. Our "Family Fun" will be delayed to an overload of homework. Sigh! Thankfully, most of it's "fun stuff"
I had DD and DS watch the DVD of "Holes" last night, since the English homework relates to that book.

Right today I have a toddler group but when I come home I need to sort my kitchen - dishes & laundry!

Sent from ARCHOS tablet :)

Morning! Dishes, laundry... You know the drill! ;)

Oops... Not posted for this Week.

April 28, 2013 - May 4, 2013

This week we are in 2 Zones:
Zone 5: The Living Room
Zone 1: The Entrance, Front Porch and Dining Room

April Habit: Making Your Bed. -- ALWAYS
May Habit: Moving. -- DOING IT!

Zone 5: Mission #1 Monday. -- DID THIS ON THE WEEKEND

Today we are headed to the Living/Family Room!

Let's have a detailed vacuuming session. This means to vacuum the room, making sure to get up against the baseboards and to get under the furniture. Please be careful that you don't hurt yourself trying to move furniture. If it is too difficult to get under the couch or chairs then just try to get as close to the base of the furniture as you can. Don't forget the corners!!
Zone 5: Mission #2 Tuesday

Set those timers for 15 minutes and let's do a Hot Spot Fire Drill in the Living/Family Room.

Those stacks of clothes, books, magazines, mail, school papers and things that just don't belong! You will be so surprised at how much you can put away in 15 minutes!
Zone 1: Mission #1 Wednesday
Today take a look at the walls and the windows in your dining room. Grab some cleaner and a cloth and go after the finger prints and smudges that those mysterious little elves seem to leave behind as they run through your house when no one is looking! Be careful with the walls as not to rub too hard to remove paint if you have a flat finish.
Zone 1: Mission #2 Thursday

We are heading into the Entrance area of your home today. Let's grab all those shoes, books and jackets that seem to pile up right by the front door and put them away. In my house, no one ever drops their things there, they get up and walk there all by themselves!
Zone 1: Mission #3 Friday

Today we are going to do that in the Dining Room and Entrance Way. Let's go after the ceilings, light fixtures and window sills!
Using a feather duster or dust rag get the window sills, the light fixtures, the dusties in the corners and the ceiling fan if you have one (remember to put something underneath this to catch the falling debris, one member uses an old pillow case and slips it over the blade and wipes so the dust stays in the case, I thought this was brilliant!)

Did my porch and the playroom today! DH did the garden.

I really need to work on the following

Kitchen hotspot
Paperwork.
Cleaning windows

What rooms are next week mel?

Did my porch and the playroom today! DH did the garden.

I really need to work on the following

Kitchen hotspot
Paperwork.
Cleaning windows

What rooms are next week mel?

The kitchen is next week.

Today is Monday: Weekly Home Blessing Hour

* Morning Routine:

-Get Dressed to Shoes including Hair/Face, Brush Teeth
- Make Bed
-Swish & Swipe
-Empty Dishwasher
-Reboot Laundry (a Load a Day Keeps CHAOS Away)
-Check Your Calendar
-Check Your Control Journal

* What's For Dinner?

* Drink Your Water

* Declutter for 15 Minutes

* 15 minutes loving movement

Monday: Weekly Home Blessing (8-9 a.m.)
Cull/toss old magazines
Change sheets
Empty all the trash
Vacuum all rooms
Mop kitchen and bath
Clean mirrors and doors
Dust

This week we are in Zone 2: The Kitchen

This month's Habit is: Moving

Monday, May 6, 2013 -- Zone 2: Mission #1 Monday

Your mission for today should you choose to accept it: Scrub down your counter tops, I don't mean to just wipe a rag across them! I mean you get some hot soapy water and you wipe down the counters from front to back and side to side. Yes, you have to move the stuff on the counters to do this. DON'T take everything off at one time and then plan to put it all back again, you just move your toaster (or coffee pot or whatever this is an example here! :>) ) over to one side and wipe down the counter, then move over a foot or so, move aside what is there and wipe down some more and so on. We are not marathon cleaning the kitchen here, just getting all the crumbs and junk that seems to build up behind and under things.

We both had colds and I quit for a while..but kept my sink shiny! :)

The thrift store truck was here this morning picking up clutter! YAY! It feels so good! I had planned on giving what I had already sorted but when I called she said they needed six boxes minimum to pick up. (I only had two.) So I stayed up late (I know not very Flylady) but now I'm so glad it's gone! I got rid of many knitting, quilting, and cross stitch patterns, some clothes that were given to me, and 3 jackets. It's funny one UFO (unfinished object) I went back and forth with so much but now that it's gone it's very freeing! It's wild how much guilt we can have over something we picked up on a clearance shelf!:eek:

We both had colds and I quit for a while..but kept my sink shiny! :)

The thrift store truck was here this morning picking up clutter! YAY! It feels so good! I had planned on giving what I had already sorted but when I called she said they needed six boxes minimum to pick up. (I only had two.) So I stayed up late (I know not very Flylady) but now I'm so glad it's gone! I got rid of many knitting, quilting, and cross stitch patterns, some clothes that were given to me, and 3 jackets. It's funny one UFO (unfinished object) I went back and forth with so much but now that it's gone it's very freeing! It's wild how much guilt we can have over something we picked up on a clearance shelf!:eek:

Well done! I'm super impressed! Once it's gone you feel so much lighter. I have so much to toss. I started with DD working through her "treasure bins" and we need to finish that and move on to her outgrown toys.

Cold still lurking so bare minimum getting done. Hopefully back to full power soon.

Sent from ARCHOS tablet :)

Here it is Wednesday and I'm just now posting for this week.

Zone 2: Mission #1 Monday

Your mission for today should you choose to accept it: Scrub down your counter tops, I don't mean to just wipe a rag across them! I mean you get some hot soapy water and you wipe down the counters from front to back and side to side. Yes, you have to move the stuff on the counters to do this. You just move your toaster (or coffee pot or whatever) over to one side and wipe down the counter, then move over a foot or so, move aside what is there and wipe down some more and so on. We are not marathon cleaning the kitchen here, just getting all the crumbs and junk that seems to build up behind and under things.

******************** DONE -- along with windows, French Doors and window sills. ( I still need to clean one cupboard area.)

Zone 2: Mission #2 Tuesday

Well it is day 2 in the Kitchen, are you ready?

Today we are going to de-clutter our leftover, food storage, plastic, Rubbermaid, Tupperware, Glad-Ware, etc. containers! Do you have excess lids? More bowls than lids? Stained and/or Melted? Do we even need to talk about those old margarine, ice cream and sherbet containers?

It is time to let go of this clutter. I am not telling you that you can't keep any containers, I am telling you to get rid of the ones that have no lids, stained and the ones that keep getting shoved in the back because it just isn't a size that works for you.

I don't know what a reasonable number of containers to own is, that is a personal choice that has to be made on how you cook, store and the size of your family. I just know that if you haven't de-cluttered these items in the past 6 months it is time to really go through them and start tossing!

A quick hint that is helpful, take a large zip top plastic bag to store the lids in, this keeps them together and keeps them from spilling all over the inside of your cabinet.

Spend 10 minutes doing this, don't get sidetracked and rip apart your cabinets and drawers. One thing at a time.

*********************** This has been done recently. But, I'll go through them again.

Zone 2: Mission #3 Wednesday

Let's take a close look at the gadgets and small appliances. The toaster, can opener, coffee maker, microwave etc. The small appliances that you use on a regular basis. When was the last time you cleaned out your toaster; opened up the bottom and dumped the crumbs? How dingy or dusty is your coffee maker? Do we even want to talk about the blades on the electric can openers? How about the outside of the microwave?

Wipe them down and make them shine. I am not telling you to drag out every small kitchen appliance you own and to scrub them. Just wipe down the fingerprints, dust, drips, dried food particles on the most used items. Make sure you unplug these items before you clean them!

*********************** Partially Done (descaled coffee maker and kettle, pulled out cooker and wiped along sides). I'll clean the toaster, microwave and wash out the fridge. I'll see if the oven needs doing, too.

Zone 2: Mission #4 Thursday

This involves old toothbrushes and elbow grease! Yes you guessed it! Grab those toothbrushes and some general purpose cleaner and scrub those faucets on your kitchen sink. It is amazing how much gunk can build up around the seals and edges.

********************** DONE

Zone 2: Mission #5 Friday

Let's take a look at the cabinets! Take a few minutes to check them out, I bet you will see that they need a little sprucing up!
Just wipe down the outside surfaces.

**********************Bucket of wood soap ready. I'll try and wash them down tonight. The floor has been mopped twice, too.

My OH needed to take my car to his parent's to use their garage to fix it so he took the kids with him as I'm supposed to be resting at the moment. Well how could I pass up the opportunity of a free house & waste it sleeping!lol

I have cleaned the powder room; front hall; swept the living room floor & tidied toys, cushions,throws etc; folded laundry;moved wash to dryer &put a new wash on; swept the kitchen floor; washed the dining table & mats; washed down the counter tops; emptied & restacked the dishwasher; made myself lunch...need to sit down now as feel really pants.

I'd love to tackle upstairs but not sure I have it in me today :(

Didn't do anything in the kitchen today beyond normal clean up and lots a extra clean up after the workmen.

However, I tackled my mountain of ironing and am almost done :).

I decided to tackle a task I always put off - cleaning the fish bowl! OH was very impressed with the cleaning downstairs.

I decided to tackle a task I always put off - cleaning the fish bowl! OH was very impressed with the cleaning downstairs.

Mine needs doing, too.

Back