de-cluttering the home, as well as body & mind

I know that feeling. Done my home blessing and porch though!

Go mama -- I was out on a wild goose chase yesterday. Buckling down today.

This always makes me feel so much better. Clears out my head too, helps me to feel more motivated about changing other things.

I'm cracking on well with my Summer to do list with the kiddies but the house isn't as clean or as tidy as I'd like. I'm still toilet training my son so feel guilty if I spend hours cleaning etc. Summer isn't long then they are off to school & playgroup so I am enjoying this time with them. Washing etc is still being done but not getting hung up.

Maybe in a week or so once DS has cracked the toileting completely I'll ask a friend to have the kids for an afternoon so I can do a mega de-clutter.

For now I'm happy to tick along nicely :)

Re: de-cluttering the home, as well as body & mind

In the past it may have taken weeks but in 2 days my house is spotless again. My room could do with some sorting as I have things for the baby, artwork etc for the kids and my jewellery making things. A few hours would probably sort it but I've overdone it last two days. Been burning yankee tarts in my new burners so the house smells fantastic.

Nothing like a clean house to make you feel good!

To do list...put basket of laundry away & De clutter my room. That's it!

Maybe I can begin to follow FlyLady again and do the daily tasks.

Mama-bear said:
In the past it may have taken weeks but in 2 days my house is spotless again. My room could do with some sorting as I have things for the baby, artwork etc for the kids and my jewellery making things. A few hours would probably sort it but I've overdone it last two days. Been burning yankee tarts in my new burners so the house smells fantastic.

Nothing like a clean house to make you feel good!

To do list...put basket of laundry away & De clutter my room. That's it!

Maybe I can begin to follow FlyLady again and do the daily tasks.

Well done, sounds like your on top of everything. Good for you :)

Well done, sounds like your on top of everything. Good for you :)

Thanks. Time is ticking down to baby's arrival so I need to be organised. One child starts school & the other starts playgroup while I may be recovering from another section.

It's not perfect but perfection is over rated anyway :)

Hey hey hey ... I've been skivving! Time to jump back in where I am (which is in a messy, cluttered, etc. house and car!

Today I plan to -- vacuum downstairs, what I can upstairs, empty trash (not done), clean bathrooms (all)' clean kitchen floor, counters, windows, sills), declutter...let's see what I accomplish. Oh laundry -- too. Even ironing.

Wo wants to come to my messy, toddler invaded, two-daughter-on-vacationned, before moving messed home ? I'm going crazy....

I cannot even imagine moving a household with more than two kids -- that was hassle enough.

I.am.f.l.y.i.n.g!

Seriously I've got my mojo back. Probably nesting kicking in cause I got up early after no sleep and got stuck in. Car dropped at mechanic, beds stripped in wash etc. I actually had an hour to kill on fb while my OH took a nap (worked till 1am) cause I'd no cleaning left to do.

I'm getting really sleepy now though.

Grocery shopping done amd put away, lunch done, laundry changed over, errands done.

I'm a happy little bunny :)

I'm like this can't stand mess and clutter but I'm awful for refusing to throw stuff away even if I have no space for it, I only have a tiny flat shouldn't be hard to keep it tidy! Today have had massive clean/throw out while daughter was at nursery and I feel so much better and prepared now to make the lifestyle changes to lose weight, I now have floor space to exercise for one! See how long I can keep this up haha

I'm like this can't stand mess and clutter but I'm awful for refusing to throw stuff away even if I have no space for it, I only have a tiny flat shouldn't be hard to keep it tidy! Today have had massive clean/throw out while daughter was at nursery and I feel so much better and prepared now to make the lifestyle changes to lose weight, I now have floor space to exercise for one! See how long I can keep this up haha

It's addictive to have a clean house. I'm a little ocd now about it staying clean cause otherwise it snowballs.
Good luck with it all x

Hello! Well school is back and my house has never been so clean, lol. I've still got ds at home but we are up so early now and there's plenty to do.
Basically my day starts at 7am with everything left out from the night before. We make our beds and check the rooms are clean. Breakfast time then washed, dressed and out the door between 8.30-8.40. Dd goes to school which leaves ds and me at home. Usually I unload/load the dishwasher and check the laundry. Today that has been fold the dryer clothes, move the washed load to dryer and put last nights bath towels in to wash. Ds and I have also had our snack plus the mince and veg are in the slow cooker for dinner. I'm making cottage pie but haven't made one in the sc before so just doing meat and veg today then I'll put the mash on separate in oven.
I'm waiting for the rest of my pram being delivered so can't go out yet.
I need to keep resting as bump has been very uneasy all weekend so know I need to slow down.
I'll get up again in a minute to do a home blessing downstairs then maybe rest for 10/15mins before doing upstairs.
I got a new calendar which is similar to flylady but from the uk so p&p was free. It's working well so far.

Our evening routine is dinner at 5pm, kids bath/shower 6pm, in bed in pjs for story at 6.45pm and lights off 7pm. I've been leaving clothes out for the next day so things run smoothly.

We have an afternoon routine written down but it's fairly flexible as dd gets out at 12.15 until Halloween. Ds only goes 1 afternoon a week to playgroup until Halloween. The only thing that's set at the minute is dd comes home and changes out of her uniform into clothes. The kids and I have lunch.
Once she gets homework she can do this after lunch then free time till dinner.

Routines definitely work for us :)

Sounds super organized -- until the baby comes, that is.

Sounds super organized -- until the baby comes, that is.

Nah babies don't really cause too much havoc. They're too young to argue, lol. I didn't do too badly with the other 2 but the sections floored me. I remember carrying laundry in from garage when J was wee then collapsed with chest pain and turned blue. Wasn't nice at all as paramedics had to come out. I've always been determined to keep going. I'm more organised now so hopefully I won't feel as bad to let others step in a bit.

I think I am ready to start flying again, if you'll have me back :)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Haven't really flown today but did run an errand if that counts. Got some laundry done and got the kids to help with dishwasher. 2 beds stripped and one made so far (I need help with the king size).
Kids have been fed etc today so just need to tidy up the dishes C has left on counter -men just don't do things right. It's not hard to put dishes in a dishwasher rather than leave on counter.
The house still looks clean to any guests but I know what needs done. E.g. upstairs needs vacuumed and kitchen needs mopped etc. I will do some of the cleaning tomorrow afternoon.

Mama-bear x

Back