Debbie's Daily Diary

Wow, what a productive day!!

You must be feeling so motivated by your great loss, wishing I felt the same!

Have another fan day today!
X

Thanks Lanark
I see you're an earlybird too - how you been doing what day is your weigh in?

Sunday weigher here too!! I live in the Middle East so our weekend is Friday and Saturday, Sunday weigh in keeps me on the straight and narrow over the weekend, I used to do Thursday morning, but found if I had a good result it was a green light to hit the vodka on Thursday nights!!

I add cinnamon to the oatmeal and the vanilla crispy, it actually makes me find the vanilla tastes a bit like something I'd have at xmas. I add curry powder or chilli to absolutely everything else, but the truck load though...well except the cottage pie, I just love that on it's own......

Day 8

100% again yesterday

Started to make up a cafe latte shake into mousse yesterday and then decided to try it hot with a spoon of coffee as people have suggested. It went a bit funny and had quite a thick layer of shake floating on the top....................but it was lush. It reminded me of when you dip digestive biscuits on coffee and bits stay in the bottom of the cup lol!

Sorted out my packs for this week - definately ordered too many spaghetti and chilli so have put the ones I like near the bottom of the box - save the best until last!

Another tip off here I got was to put the bars in the freezer for a bit - much better, more chewy and satisfying - had Mac cheese with brocolli and cauli - nearly everyone's favourite I think!

Got rid of the 3 bin bags of clothes, bags, belts and shoes that I'd sorted out. Put them on freecycle as I wanted rid of them and might not get to the charity shop and didn't want to just bin them. A lovely woman picked them up - and she was so happy I was glad I'd done it. She emailed me later saying I'd clothed 3 members of her family!
There were absolutely loads of things and I feel great for thinning my wardrobe down too - am hoping to move into a one bed flat from a 2 bed soon so need to slim down in every area at the moment!

I've ordered 2 pairs of size 14 trousers for work which were reduced - 14 might be a bit ambitious but my 16's are definately loose. My problem is that I have quite a thick waist and so they'll probably fit on the hips and thighs but be tight on the waist - they won't come for a few days so you never know!

Still feeling really positive and quite looking forward to announcing my half stone loss at work today :)

Have moved the scales out of the bathroom as I do get on them daily and can easily be demotivated if no signs of loss.

Good luck everyone today :D

Debs I carry a lot of my weight between bellies 1+2 (or top and bottom belly as I call them) my boobs and the top of my arms, typical apple, my hips are quite slim though and getting trousers can be a nightmare for the waist to fit and the hips not looking like I'm wearing a giant nappy, or that god awful look of having the whole extra bit of material at the front.

So cool to hear you're aiming for the 14 trousers, I can't wait for that to be me!! Have a great day xx

Ooh Lanarkshire I hadn't noticed you live in Abu Dabi - what's it like? I had pictured you up in chilly Scotland lol! What are you doing out there?

Lovely pic on your avatar Lindsay - you look lovely when was it taken?

Day 9

Had a little blip yesterday - had all my packs and then another bar - not beating myself up about it, at least it wasn't a mars bar and still a massive calorie deficit!

Don't seem to find the time to drink as much water at work either, but had 3 75cl bottles so 2.25 ltrs.

I took 2 packs to work yesterday so have decided to try and get by on 1, with bouillon and spin my milk out to 3 coffees insead of 2, then I might not be tempted again tonight.

You probably don't need to know this but got by without a laxative this week too which is better, but as someone else said, less in = less out lol!

Am quite tired today - didn't sleep too well, woke with cramp in the night but that's not unusual I have quinine tablets from the doctor which work.

Good luck for today everyone!

Yeah an extra bar is nothing don't worry about it.

I have been out here in the desert for 4 years now, but I am from Glasgow!! It's very different and not a healthy lifestyle due to the extreme weather meaning moving is not advisable, so sitting eating and drinking is generally how we pass the time, hence the S&S!!

Just keep at it babe!!! It wont matter!! I did that a few times!! X

Cheers Deezer - I feel reassured if you've done it too lol! To be honest I wasn't worried - if I manage 16lb over the next 10 weeks, including refeed I'll be happy.

Better day today only having 1 pack at work, although I was hungry again this morning but felt full all afternoon on one chilli pack (silver)
Deffo going to make the milk stretch to 3 coffees - have never liked black coffee so this suits best.

Have had 2.5 ltrs of water, going to have cottage pie with cabbage for dinner with a crispy choc shake made into mousse then a bar for later on.................worth a hungry morning!

Yeah an extra bar is nothing don't worry about it.

I have been out here in the desert for 4 years now, but I am from Glasgow!! It's very different and not a healthy lifestyle due to the extreme weather meaning moving is not advisable, so sitting eating and drinking is generally how we pass the time, hence the S&S!!

what sort of temperatures does it reach Lanark?

Thanks debs, the photo was taken at a wedding last month!

How are you doing today? You sound like you're very much "in the zone"!! X

Thanks debs, the photo was taken at a wedding last month!

How are you doing today? You sound like you're very much "in the zone"!! X

Good thanks Lindsay - yep another 100% day but I think I have it easier than some as I only plan on doing it for about 6 weeks or so - bought 5 weeks worth of packs and will probably start having some protein meals next week - will probably be able to eke out the packs without ordering again now.

I do think it's an amazing diet tho never having done a vlcd before - scales are still hidden away but dying to see this week's result - Sunday official weigh day but KNOW I'll do it Saturday.

Today for the first time I wasn't as hungry - I always drink my water and hope this is a habit I'll stick with really and am trying to decide how I will maintain afterwards - heven't read up much on this yet.

The size 14 trousers arrived and one pair were too tight and the others too big - go figure?!?

Definately have to go to town on Saturday and buy a couple of pairs for work tho - all my trousers are just too big now.............they were 'comfy' after losing a stone since Xmas but they just look ridiculous now - I keep pulling the fabric round the thighs in and showing people "look how thin my thighs are!!!"

Onwards and downwards as they say!

Well done debs, good work

6 weeks is a lovely amount of time! I'm planning on going at least until September time...is a longgg stretch!

Trousers are a mystery, me size 10 are too big, yet I am nowhere near an 8, think be another stone at least!! Treat yourself to some nice new bits :)

TTFN xx

Well done debs, good work

6 weeks is a lovely amount of time! I'm planning on going at least until September time...is a longgg stretch!

Trousers are a mystery, me size 10 are too big, yet I am nowhere near an 8, think be another stone at least!! Treat yourself to some nice new bits :)

TTFN xx

I know! I think I'v lost all the weight off my backside and thighs - so I at least want something new to show these off.............I really don't think I could do this until September, thinking I'll either to a low carb or switch back to WWs.

what sort of temperatures does it reach Lanark?

The hottest it's been since I've been here was 55 degrees Celsius which is about 130 F, the humidity is often 100% which is what really kills you, summers here are just awful!!

How's your day been today ??

Wow that's hot! I was in Turkey last year and it was 47 degrees - mind you I was never more that 3 feet away from the pool or the sea!

Well another 100% day - not much to say really.
It's a bit like Groundhog day now lol!

Thought I was a bit fed up of it last night but felt motivated again by today - I put up with the hunger (which isn't so bad now) in the mornings and eat from about 1 pm onwards - I have always been a night time eater (but I used to be a daytime eater at the same time lol!)

Don't half fancy a piece of toast dripping with butter tho!

Going to introduce a protein meal for the first time tomorrow just to see how that goes.

Good luck to everyone else!

Oops had another blip last night - I cooked a piece of chicken intending to have it for lunch today but couldn't resist it...............then I had another bar :mad:

I can feel my will power slipping as I'm thinking of ways I can combine S&S with something else or wondering about starting refeed, but really I know it's too soon.

Hoping I can find the will power again - I think I'll have a look at my packs and see how many mac cheese and mushroom pastas I've got left and try to have more of them through the week as they're my favourites and also start having the odd protein meal. I think I'm getting bored and that may be the problem.

Got the scales out and and 12st 3/4lb - if I could get that to 11 something by Sunday I think that will give me the incentive again.

Good luck to everybody today.

Keep on hun, you haven't got long to go, will be worth it in a few weeks time Xx

Keep on hun, you haven't got long to go, will be worth it in a few weeks time Xx

Thanks Rebekah and you're absolutely right - I should think myself lucky I only have a few weeks of this - was back to 100% yesterday, I suppose it's natural to get bored from time to time. Definately going to start introducing some protein meals now tho for variety.

Day 14 today and official weigh tomorrow - hoping for that magical drop into the 11s

Wen to town today and bought 2 pairs of size 14 trousers for work - a little tight on the waste but maybe that won't be for long :)

Last edited:
Whoop whoop again

4lbs loss - I extpected less in the 2nd week and I had a couple of blips so really pleased with that - finally under 12st!

Debs154 said:
Whoop whoop again

4lbs loss - I extpected less in the 2nd week and I had a couple of blips so really pleased with that - finally under 12st!

Well done :) that's brilliant :) x

Back