Debbie's Daily Diary

Good luck Debbie, you're doing really well! And well done for planning ahead, that will definitely be useful for losing weight!!!

I found day 4 & 5 the hardest but once that passes I think it gets a little easier!

x

Thanks Chi
Day 4 today - have been 100% so far and could't resist the scales this morning - 4lbs!!:party0049:

Have to say no bad side effects so far apart from feeling hungry from time to time - I really think the water helps - I have at least 2.5 lts a day plus 500ml Diet Coke which is a treat, 2 coffees and a cup of bouillon.:D

Hi there Debs,
I'm going to follow you're diary too! You'll do great as you haven't got a load of weight to lose so I'm sure it will just fly off!! Have a good day x

Oh Debs -4lbs is great :party0011:

I find the first few days tough, especially since having the weekend off for my anniversary, I've had sneaking thoughts of, oh I could just count calories blah blah, but I chase those demons off with a big glass of water or a coffee. The joy of it is I enjoy my packs and I feel full after them, on Exante I was just hungry all the time.

Have a great 100% day xx

Hi there Debs,
I'm going to follow you're diary too! You'll do great as you haven't got a load of weight to lose so I'm sure it will just fly off!! Have a good day x

Oh Debs -4lbs is great :party0011:

I find the first few days tough, especially since having the weekend off for my anniversary, I've had sneaking thoughts of, oh I could just count calories blah blah, but I chase those demons off with a big glass of water or a coffee. The joy of it is I enjoy my packs and I feel full after them, on Exante I was just hungry all the time.

Have a great 100% day xx

Thanks Lindsay - yes really only want to lose 1.5 st by July but struggled on and off with SW and WW so doing the 'quick route' - maintaining will be the issue!

Lanarkwitch - I don't think I could just do shakes (if that's what Exante is?) I think S&S is more like 'normal eating in that you could have protein meal with the family or even say a chicken salad or something if you're out - just the wine missing tho lol!

Glad you're back on it!

Not a bad day for me but so busy at work didn't get chance to have my shake

So:
Breakfast - a coffee and .75 ltr water
Lunch - Chicken Soup - wish I'd bought more soups now- they are quite tasty, really filling and the most convenient for work.
Dinner- Silver pack chilli - not bad and a Truffa bar - OMG these are gorgeous - the first bar I could definately eat another one of straight away (Ididn't tho)

1.5 ltrs water through the day and a cup of bouillon.

Got a shake and a glass of coke left for later and another 75cl water.

Last edited:
Yes, I've list 2 1/2 stone in 11 weeks on sw, just can't seem to do it again tho, so going for the quick route also! I've got my weigh in tonight, will have been in the plan for 5 days, feel a bit slimmer but my scales aren't showing much, hope I get at least a couple of lbs x

Thanks girls - nice to know someone reads my daily diatribe lol!

Are you not keeping a diary any more Lanarkwitch?

Day 5 - still 100% but glad I'm only doing this for about 6 weeks or so - it must be difficult if you have a few months ahead of you.

Vanilla Crispy shake for breakfast about 10.30 - left a bit of a funny taste in my mouth a bit like sour milk - hmm won't order those next time if the others taste the same.

Veg soup for lunch at about 12.45 - soups are great - very thick and filling.

Macaroni cheese with broccoli and cauli for dinner - yum but made the pack up a bit thin really but have been craving a bit of cheese and it hit the spot.

Choc trufa bar after the mac cheese - I love these - think they're the best so far.

Will have a sneaky weigh tomorrow again but once a week is over I will try to weigh once a week - my trousers felt a bit baggy today around my backside - I'd prefer to lose it from my belly tho!

Good luck Lindsay - how come your weigh in is on day 5?

Let me know how you get on! :)

Hiya, just to say you are doing so well! Keep it up!
Me having havin mac cheese tonight n I love it!
Good luck with weigh in! Am gonna try n resist till 31st of may! Eek!
X

I'm just weighing in today as I'm sneakily getting weighed at ww as I've still got a few weeks left if the course thing I purchased. Is that bad??! I'm 3 1/2 lbs down, hoped for more so secretly a bit gutted :-( ah well, keep going! Hope you've had a good day x

I'm just weighing in today as I'm sneakily getting weighed at ww as I've still got a few weeks left if the course thing I purchased. Is that bad??! I'm 3 1/2 lbs down, hoped for more so secretly a bit gutted :-( ah well, keep going! Hope you've had a good day x

Ha ha - not bad but bet they were impressed at ww lol!

Time yet for another couple of lbs x - yeah good day but am a bit hungry now - bought some ketostix showing no change - either it's taking ages or they're crap - bought on Amazon for about a fiver x

Hadn't weighed in with them for a fortnight so they weren't suspicious!!

I haven't tried the ketostix things? Maybe not worth me buying them then. You're bound to be in ketosis by now? X

Hadn't weighed in with them for a fortnight so they weren't suspicious!!

I haven't tried the ketostix things? Maybe not worth me buying them then. You're bound to be in ketosis by now? X
j
ust had a thought , maybe your only looking like a 3.5 lb loss as you drink so much water on this diet , i think a pint of water weighs 1lb if im not mistaken , best to weigh 1st thing before the water starts :0)

Hi all
Day 6 - still 100%

Vanilla Shake for brekky - didn't taste funny like the crispy one so that's good.

Mushroom pasta for lunch - good too but gonna put a tiny bit more water in next time and add some mushrooms.

Just had 200gms swede with some black pepepr on for taste - surprised swede is on the list - thought it would be high carb.?
Then had choc coconut - bland but hey it's the nearest thing to choc.

Going to pick up my friend from the airport in a bit so saving my last meal until later on.

Only had about 1.5 ltrs water today too so need to get that down....................reported constipation this morning but ok now!

Initially I wasn't going to tell people at work about S&S because I thought they'd disapprove but I can't keep my mouth shut lol and actually they're all pretty fascinated by it.

I'm an office manager in a special needs school so it's 99% women who work there who are always talking about weight, diet etc - school can be difficult too because the cook always leaves any left over food in the staff room...........chocolate cake, manchester tart, sausages etc etc......have resisted so far tho!

That's something I like about this diet - I'm too afraid of coming out of ketosis to cheat................although I'm still feeling hungry at times.

I get full after one of the meals, shakes etc but am still hungry a couple of hours later...........does anyone else get this?

Right off to the airport!

Last edited:
Day 7
Had a small blip yesterday but only in that I had 2 bars, a shake and mushroom pasta, 150mls skimmed milk and 200gms swede - so in no way off plan and am still calling it 100%.

I've noticed I'm still feeling hungry tho and thought this would have stopped by now - not starving and I don't have pizza cravings or anything - is this normal?

Official weigh in tomorrow and this morning had lost 5 1/2 lbs - was hoping for 7 in the first week but we'll see and I have to remember that it was taking me a month to lose that before!

I also wished I'd measured before too because my work trousers ( the smallest ones) felt massive yesterday! My thighs and backside seem to have benefitted the most and my shirts are a lttle looser.

Don't have any real plans today food wise or other but it's a sunny morning in Manchester so will try to get out for a walk or something - maybe a potter round the shops - charity shops lol as I'm not buying new clothes at this stage!

Looking forward to my Oatmeal for breakfast - I only got 10 packs of this because I don't normally eat breakfast during the week but am very tempted to make the biscuits (although I don't want to waste any precious packs lol)

Finding I'm enjoying the pasta packs and the soups - probably because hey're quite creamy and feel indulgent. I can take or leave the shakes so far except the chocolate crispy one - reminds me of coco pops - even though I never eat/ate them!

Well enough rambling - will report back later.

Enjoy your days folks - and stick to plan!

Oh and when I picked up my friend from the airport she said "you've lost weight!" I hadn't told her I was starting this and I'd only dropped her off the week before so that was a buzz! :)

Well done hun, your doing great

As for the hunger I find the later I start eating the better if I'm having a hungry day, I won't have a pack till midday. Also I use bars as a treat with coffee not a meal - they don't keep me full. Also drinking plenty before considering eating, i drink a litre in the morning, if Om still hungry have tea, then consider a pack.

Hope that is some help! Your doing fantastic x

Well done hun, your doing great

As for the hunger I find the later I start eating the better if I'm having a hungry day, I won't have a pack till midday. Also I use bars as a treat with coffee not a meal - they don't keep me full. Also drinking plenty before considering eating, i drink a litre in the morning, if Om still hungry have tea, then consider a pack.

Hope that is some help! Your doing fantastic x

Aww thanks Rebekah - it really makes a difference when somebody responds - yes I drink a 75ml bottle first thing in the morning - I figure that I really only need to drink another 3 throughout the day then. I've never eaten first thing in the morning so find it quite easy not to eat until about 10.30 - 11.

I've tended to have a bar as a treat after a pack so probably just need to space it out a bit more :)

That's a great idea Rebekah, I struggle to drink 3 litres of water.

You're doing so well debs, and yes I agree the bars aren't really filling. Quite tasty though!

I had a blip yesterday but it wasn't too bad and I'm back on plan today, it was just last night. Usually to do with me feeling sad or upset, typical female I guess!

Hope you girls have a good day today, I'm taking my daughter to the cinema so "must resist pick n mix"!!! X

Struggling today - probably as I have nothing to do really. Have bagged up 3 bin liners of old clothes and shoes to take to the charity shop - some because of weight loss over the last year or so and some because I never wear them - some I actually have never worn to my shame and waste of money!

Have already drunk over 2.5 ltrs water - mainly because I keep wanting to snack on something -the snack thing is a texture thing as much as anything else.

Ketostix definately showing pink at last - won't bother buying them again tho - got about 45 left so when I have a break in a few weeks I will use them again.

Made my cookies out of the oatmeal and really liked them - keep wishing I had more oatmeal now!

Had spicey spaghetti for lunch and mixed up about a third of the crispy vanilla in a ramekin for a crunchy mousse - definately going to do this again as I my first crispy vanilla was yuk!

So I still have my veg, glass of diet coke, a meal and more mousse left for today!

Can't wait to 'officially' weigh in tomorrow!

Back