ProPoints DeborahJane's Food Diary - Every Day Until I Get To Target!!!

DeborahJane

I will be starting my food diary from next Monday when I actually join a Weight Watchers group. I intend to record my food diaries here every day - gulp - until I get to target. That's a big promise!

Up until last week I had been following Slimming World but needed a change. I have been out to the shops and have bought some Weight Watchers supplies, but until I go to the meeting I am not sure how many points I need or how the ProPoints work, as last time I did WW was before it changed.

Anyhow, I hope that writing down my food diary and reading other's will keep me on track to my target this time - thinking positive!

If anyone sees that I am doing something wrong, please let me know :D x

Here to subscribe :) Good Luck with your journey Sweetie. X

Right, I joined WW at lunchtime today and weighed in a little more than expected. It doesn't bother me because I am here for good this time... I have taken this afternoon to read everything, and am quite confident that I know what I am doing now. My daughter (who is 20) joined with me, and it's just her and me at home so that makes things easier with cooking/planning meals. I have bought the Deluxe pack, so I am armed with the eating out guide, the shopping guide, the pedometer (can't wait to use that tomorrow!) and the journal. As a celebration for joining today, we treated ourselves to a counted McDonalds... because we can! Who would have thought that would be allowed! Anyway, I will stop waffling on and tell you my food diary for today:

Monday

Breakfast - 4 slices WW white danish bread toasted and spread thinly with 1tsp Clover light = 6 pp
Cup of coffee with sweetner

Lunch - McDonalds Big Mac = 13 pp
Regular fries = 9 pp
Diet Coke

Dinner - Sainsbury's be good to yourself smoky paprika chicken = 7 pp

Snacks/other - 2 glasses no added sugar orange & mango squash
1 glass diet pepsi
Banana
Melon
apple

My total pp today = 35
Weeklys used = 3

Weeklys left = 46

I forgot to say that I am on 32 pp daily.

This isn't going to be a typical day - tomorrow will be more sensible - I really want to try and save my weekly pp for the weekend.

I am so happy I have taken a step in the right direction, I am looking forward to being in control, and I am off to plan tomorrow's meals now.

Deb :)

Right, I joined WW at lunchtime today and weighed in a little more than expected. It doesn't bother me because I am here for good this time... I have taken this afternoon to read everything, and am quite confident that I know what I am doing now. My daughter (who is 20) joined with me, and it's just her and me at home so that makes things easier with cooking/planning meals. I have bought the Deluxe pack, so I am armed with the eating out guide, the shopping guide, the pedometer (can't wait to use that tomorrow!) and the journal. As a celebration for joining today, we treated ourselves to a counted McDonalds... because we can! Who would have thought that would be allowed! Anyway, I will stop waffling on and tell you my food diary for today:

Monday

Breakfast - 4 slices WW white danish bread toasted and spread thinly with 1tsp Clover light = 6 pp
Cup of coffee with sweetner

Lunch - McDonalds Big Mac = 13 pp
Regular fries = 9 pp
Diet Coke

Dinner - Sainsbury's be good to yourself smoky paprika chicken = 7 pp

Snacks/other - 2 glasses no added sugar orange & mango squash
1 glass diet pepsi
Banana
Melon
apple

My total pp today = 35
Weeklys used = 3

Weeklys left = 46

I forgot to say that I am on 32 pp daily.

This isn't going to be a typical day - tomorrow will be more sensible - I really want to try and save my weekly pp for the weekend.

I am so happy I have taken a step in the right direction, I am looking forward to being in control, and I am off to plan tomorrow's meals now.

Deb :)

Glad u got on ok with your meeting Sweetie, I think the biggest step is joining and you've done that! It's great that you've got the support of your daughter too :) I love the fact that nothing is forbidden on WW, in coming weeks you'll find that you make healthier choices most of the time but you still have the back up if needed. Good Luck and any questions, just shout!!! X

Today has been a good day! My food diary is:

Tuesday

Breakfast - 2 WW crumpets = 3 pp
15g WW Jam = 1 pp
Cup of coffee

Lunch - M&S Count On Us Pizza/Tostada (half) = 5 pp
Lovely big salad with 1 tbsp Lighter than light mayo = 0 pp
1 tbsp Sweet chilli sauce = 1 pp
Can of diet coke = 0 pp

WW coconut Greek yoghurt = 1 pp

Dinner - M&S Count On Us Chilli & Rice = 11 pp
2 oven baked portobello mushrooms

Snacks - 1 nectarine = 0
2 WW chocolate digestives = 3 pp

Total pp today = 27
Weeklys used = 0
Weeklys left = 46

I have 5 pp left to use today, so will probably have some chocolate or crisps later :)

I just started to plan tomorrow's meals, and have realised I will be out for lunch with my mum, so I am taking my eating out guide with me!

Today has been a good day! My food diary is:

Tuesday

Breakfast - 2 WW crumpets = 3 pp
15g WW Jam = 1 pp
Cup of coffee

Lunch - M&S Count On Us Pizza/Tostada (half) = 5 pp
Lovely big salad with 1 tbsp Lighter than light mayo = 0 pp
1 tbsp Sweet chilli sauce = 1 pp
Can of diet coke = 0 pp

WW coconut Greek yoghurt = 1 pp

Dinner - M&S Count On Us Chilli & Rice = 11 pp
2 oven baked portobello mushrooms

Snacks - 1 nectarine = 0
2 WW chocolate digestives = 3 pp

Total pp today = 27
Weeklys used = 0
Weeklys left = 46

I have 5 pp left to use today, so will probably have some chocolate or crisps later :)

I just started to plan tomorrow's meals, and have realised I will be out for lunch with my mum, so I am taking my eating out guide with me!

Hey Sweetie, Good to see you've had a better day :) I love those Coconut Yogurts, they are AMAZING! Where are u heading for lunch tomorrow? X

Hey Sweetie, Good to see you've had a better day :) I love those Coconut Yogurts, they are AMAZING! Where are u heading for lunch tomorrow? X

That's the thing - we can't decide where to go, so will go wherever we feel like once I have picked mum up in the morning. She knows I have joined WW so she will be happy to let me decide where we eat. I will probably get some sort of salad as the weather is so hot, which is a good thing! Thanks for your support by the way, it means a lot :)

That's the thing - we can't decide where to go, so will go wherever we feel like once I have picked mum up in the morning. She knows I have joined WW so she will be happy to let me decide where we eat. I will probably get some sort of salad as the weather is so hot, which is a good thing! Thanks for your support by the way, it means a lot :)

You're Welcome Sweetie! Just make sure you consult your Eat Out Guide as some of the Salads are Shocking in their pp! Good Luck! X

menus sound tasty. looking forward to following your diary

menus sound tasty. looking forward to following your diary

Thanks, the fact that I am writing it all down for people to see - hopefully will keep me on track! As this is my first week, I am playing it safe and have bought lots of ready-meals. I do love cooking though, and once I am a little more into the WW groove, will start cooking more recipes from scratch. I hope I will be able to give you some ideas!

I ended up going to Lakeside Shopping Centre with mum today, which was good because I knew I would be able to have something WW friendly for lunch. Mind you, talk about bombard you with food. The entrance we walked into had a McDonald's on the right, a Cinnabon (cake shop which smells divine) giving out free samples, a Subway, a Shakeaway (chocolate bars and whatever blended into milkshakes), a Millies Cookies, a Boost juice bar and a fresh Mr Pretzel also giving out free samples. I am glad to say I resisted these temptations not just once, but as we were shopping, I was walking back and forth putting our bags in the car. I think I did that 3 times. I walked past them all a total of 8 times!!! I had taken careful consideration about lunch. Made mum sit down beforehand so I could check my eating out guide. Decided to get a chicken salad from Burger King... guess what they don't sell them anymore. In disgust, we left the food court (KFC, Taco Bell, BK, Ed's, Pizza Hut, Pizza Express, Harry Ramsdens, Pie and Mash, Fat Jackets... the list goes on) and walked back to the entrance. We went in Subway and I had a really nice ham & turkey salad with honey & mustard dressing, washed down with a diet coke. Afterwards, I popped into Boots and bought a little bag of apple slices.

When I got home my daughter suggested we go watch a film, as it's 'Orange Wednesday'. Again I consulted my book and was quite surprised to see that Ben & Jerry's (most flavours) are not too bad pp wise. Yay! We both had one scoop each, it was lovely. I have counted the pp for one and a half scoops because I can't believe something that tastes that good can be that low in pp, I mean most flavours 4 pp a scoop!?! Anyway, after my busy day I still have 8 pp left to have! I am VERY proud of myself today! PS: I am so annoyed with myself that I left my WW pedometer at home this morning, I bet I would have earned a few activity points the amount of walking we did, grrrr haha x

Breakfast - 2 WW crumpets = 2 pp (had this again to finish the pack of 4 I opened yesterday, tomorrow will be a different breakfast)
15g WW Raspberry jam
Cup of coffee

Lunch - Subway ham & turkey salad (lettuce, tomato, cucumber, green peppers, gherkins, red onion) = 3 pp
Small 'squirt' of honey & mustard dressing = 1 pp
Diet Coke = 0 pp
I bag of apple slices = 0 pp

Dinner - M&S Haddock Mornay = 7 pp
Added steam veg - beans, carrot, brocolli = 0 pp

1.5 scoops of Ben & Jerry's Cookie Dough ice cream = 7

Total pp used today = 24
Weeklys used = 0
Weeklys left = 46

8 points left... hmm, what to have... this is weird, I am not actually feeling at all hungry! Maybe a couple of slices of toast or some crackers... I really don't know...

Well done resisting all those temptations you feel great afterwards tho don't you?
At my ww meeting on tues we were talking about ice creams and I was surprised at how low done of them are like the ice burger which is my fav is only 5pp and I have been dodging it since the start of the summer cuz I taught it would be high but il be all over those ice burgers at the weekend lol

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com mobile app

Well done resisting all those temptations you feel great afterwards tho don't you?
At my ww meeting on tues we were talking about ice creams and I was surprised at how low done of them are like the ice burger which is my fav is only 5pp and I have been dodging it since the start of the summer cuz I taught it would be high but il be all over those ice burgers at the weekend lol

What are ice burgers?

They look like sandwiches!! Have you really never had one?
From what I remember from the meeting the mars ice creams from a multipack is 5pp I'm gona double check that one out just to be sure but I'm nearly certain

They look like sandwiches!! Have you really never had one?
From what I remember from the meeting the mars ice creams from a multipack is 5pp I'm gona double check that one out just to be sure but I'm nearly certain

Nope, never had one! I agree with mrs s, we need a photo! Have a great day x

A version of an Ice Cream Sandwich....

image-2228627882.jpg

They remind me of being a kid! X

PS-Well Done on running the gauntlet of temptation! X

Back