December Challenge "Im still here"

I'm eating and drinking what I like this coming Fri (my office Xmas do). I'm carbing up in the morning (plan to have porridge and a banana at the very least) to gear up for the alcohol starting at lunchtime. Then I'm back on track at the weekend (might be Sunday depending on how bad the hangover is Sat! :) ).

Then I'm 100% until 24th (I hope) and then I'm having a break until the New Year. Not going to deprive myself and will eat and drink what I want. I'll get it off in Jan.

I'm sure most of your gain is water Phoenix so don't fret too much. You can't possibly have gained 5lbs of fat in that short time!

Im still here! Got incredibly drunk sat night, not sure what happened. Was off plan 2days before. Was sick everywhere in my bathrm have never ever done that!!!! Think it may have been linked to diet? Not sure as didnt drink that much, compared to what i could drink pre pregnancy and diet anyway. Im still off plan, couldnt face food yest n still feel a bit weak today. So back on it 2moz when im stronger lol i reckon prob a 7lbs gain but not wi yet lol

Dec target - 14st 12lbs sts basically

:D Well done thats brilliant

I weighed myself this morning to see what the damage of 4 days off plan has done and have gained 5lb so willl be aiming to get that off asap and hopefully a bit more as I have a weekend away in 2 weeks which will set me back again , but as long as i finish December where I started I will be happy

so back on it 100% today :)

Yeah, I'd like to lose 5lbs like you...more would be better because of the days that I plan to take off. good luck :)

Im still here! Got incredibly drunk sat night, not sure what happened. Was off plan 2days before. Was sick everywhere in my bathrm have never ever done that!!!! Think it may have been linked to diet? Not sure as didnt drink that much, compared to what i could drink pre pregnancy and diet anyway. Im still off plan, couldnt face food yest n still feel a bit weak today. So back on it 2moz when im stronger lol i reckon prob a 7lbs gain but not wi yet lol

Dec target - 14st 12lbs sts basically

Hope you're feeling better soon. How long before drinking do you need to carb up? I'd like to enjoy my drink at Christmas...

i love your honesty Suze , last time i got that drunk i ended up pregnant lol

I dont know if its linked to the diet , i know you get drunk quicker on an empty stomache , but I had one glass of wine with dinner yesterday and felt a bit squiffy , I am a total lightweight nowadays though , i shudder when I think of what I used to drink in my 20s, I think it would kill me now

hope you feel better soon

I'm usually quite hardcore when it comes to alcohol (had lots of practice in my life ;)) but I think I'm going to have to pace myself on Friday otherwise I'll end up really ill. It was bad enough last year after about 9 hours of drinking when I lost my purse between leaving the bar and getting home. Had to spend the following morning nursing the hangover from hell cancelling all my cards etc :(. Lesson learned, not doing that this year.

I also got horrendously sick just before Xmas (nothing to do with alcohol - I got swine flu that turned into pneumonia and then respiratory failure) and ended up unconscious on a ventilator all through Xmas and New Year so I'm looking forward to a rather better Xmas than last year! It was one of my motivators to lose weight actually. Once you get that close to pegging it you do reassess your lifestyle somewhat, at least for a while.

Wow well I hope this Xmas and New year are more fun than that Bordersgirl, I had swine flu last december too but just couldnt get off my sofa for 4 days so wasnt as bad as you, my 5 year old had to make his own meals , bless him , as we live alone and have no family nearby , I think he lived on jam sandwiches , but its a bit of a blur to be honest ....bad mummy!!

Well have lost 3lb overnight , cant believe how much water we hold onto , anyway need to lose another 2lb to undo the damage of my unplanned 4 days off plan, if that makes sense , then hope to shift a few more before my weekend away on the 17th

at least im still here :)

Hiya all am sort of still here been on the diet during the week but been off plan at weekends im keeping the weight off at mo ( putting it on at weekends but losing when back on it but wanted to losse another 7lbs before xmas so id be at my goal weight then I planned to lost the xmas weight after by doing weight watchers I ll be having a day off on the 16th im going to my mother and father in law are renewing there vows on there 50th wedding anniversay and have an all you can eat chinese buffet on the 23rd ( this scares me to death lo !!! )then out for breakfast xmas eve Shame everything seems to evolve around food , msut say everyone seems to be having blow outs but are very sensible in getting back onto it ... i think this is the key not to beat yourself up over it but to enjoy these special occasions but know they are special occasions and get back on plan if you know what I mean ~ ive been having 2 slim and save a day and a low carb meal with salad ~ cant afford to but anymore before xmas and as I npaln to do wiehgt watchers after I should have a good loose first week if ive ben eating over xmas !!! a cunning plan it just mite work lol x

I'm sure that your 5 year old did just find on jam sandwiches for a few days Phoenix :). My sister in law got swine flu too (at a different time) and her young kids learned how to do beans on toast etc. during that time as my brother was at work.

I didn't eat anything for a week before I was admitted to hospital and then nothing at all when I was in hospital for 3 weeks. You'd have thought that I would have lost loads of weight and I think I lost a bit but they shove feeding tubes in you when you're in hospital so you don't get malnourished. I had no appetite when I came out of hospital but unfortunately it returned after about a month!

Im here and back on it... 3lb loss overnight, thats great hope my body does the same. I put on 6.5lbs over my 4.5days. I was v bad with,food tho so not a surprise! Shall let yous know my daily prog anyways x

I put on 6.2lbs on my 5 day break and lost the lot plus a bit extra in 5 days when I started back. I'm sure that most of the weight gain is water as you come out of ketosis because if 1lb = 3000 extra calories you'd need to have consumed about 32000 calories in that time (I think!) to gain 6 pounds of fat. The fact that you've lost 3lbs already backs up that theory.

I'm still here but being honest I'm finding I have to really exercise willpower now. I've never had to do that up until now, it's always been a simple choice and I wanted to lose weight more than I wanted to eat. That is still true but it's a real battle with my head at the min and I've found myself nibbling cucumber quite a few times eeek!

me too struggling today ,

stuck to it Monday but yesterday and today really failing and sort of half doing the right thing , but Im trying to keep in mind this month is just about maintaining and im allowed to mix and match ,

I doubt if I will be in ketosis at any point during this month but im ok with that, ketosis isnt all that to me anyway because even when im in it I still get hungry on and off, which is really annoying

December is about damage limitation and in a way a practice run for when I reach goal , hopefully by March

Fatfighter, cucumber is ok - it's mostly water anyway and if that's all you end up nibbling then you're doing well. I know what you mean about it getting difficult though. I'm finding it hard now - I think it's because I have Christmas in my head which is the excuse to eat indulgent things and there are sweets and cakes everywhere I look at work. There was even a wedding cake there this am as a colleague thought it would be nice to share one of the tiers with her work friends! Going to try to keep losing this month but it's getting harder and harder. Definitely up for restarting in January though to get to goal. I'm actually more motivated to do that than to keep going this side of Xmas.

Ah I know it's "allowed" but I've avoided it for the past 8.5 weeks, so annoyed with myself that I feel the "need" to eat something. Will definitely be re-starting once the husband goes back to work at the beginning of January, I'm determined to be under 200lbs for Valentine's day! x

I can vouch for the fact that it feels good to be under 200lbs having started quite a bit heavier than that :)

phoenix2010 said:
Ok Im going to set my target for December Challenge

Phoenix2010......to maintain at 11st 2

Anyone want to join me ??

been off plan for 3 days (dread to think what damage ive done ) and back on it tomoro.

Yes can I join please! Anything to try and prevent a Christmas gain. I'll be realistic and aim to lose 2 pounds then maintain that til next year n finish the job!

December Challenge

Phoenix2010......to maintain at 11st 2
Lara1986.......lose 2lbs then maintain 9st

Xx

Maka said:
Another pleasing WI for me this morning (4lbs):D

I'm 5lbs away now from my Christmas Eve goal and with 3 weeks to go, I'm feeling pretty optimistic - although I have AAM week coming up as well as TOTM...grrr!

I bought a pair of jeans which barely goes halfway up my bum and I can't zip it up at all. But that is the item I want to use to measure my progress over the next three weeks.

Brilliant loss well done :)
Take measurements too if not doing so already xx

Back