Deciding if I should go back to group - 32 wks pregnant!

couteaux

Silver Member
Hey All,

I've been off the plan for 90% of the pregnancy and have so far gained 2 stone (mostly non baby I think!) and am just getting to the stage where I should gain around 1lb per week of baby weight.

I have also just got back on the SW wagon and was thinking about returning to group tonight. But.... I am worried I may find it difficult starting back and potentially gaining most weeks rather than losing. It will be entirely psychological as I know this is the best plan for me & baby health wise. But those numbers on the scale could be rather disheartening.

Anyone have any thoughts or experience of this?

If I don't go to class, I'd go it alone at home for the next few weeks.

Hiya!

I'm also pregnant, just 10 weeks though. I'm still going to class although I haven't been sticking to plan due to the morning sickness. The past few weeks have been about eating whatever will stay down, and I went off loads of foods.

However, now I've started to feel better and can almost eat normally again, I plan to try and follow SW as best as I can.

I'm not looking forward to watching the 2st I lost go back on again, but I know following EE will be the only way I eat healthy, get my 5 a day and stop myself going in to "Since I'm going to get big anyway, I might as well just eat it" mode.

I would go to class. It will be disheartening to see the scales go up but the motivation and support to eat for your baby's health will be great.

Plus, you might lose a little bit of the useless weight and then just gain healthy baby weight. I know of people who have actually lost throughout their pregnancy instead of gaining!

I'm hoping to start back on plan next week so I'm trying to plan my menu ready to do the shopping. I'm hoping it'll keep me on track so that after the birth, I'm still in the habit of reaching for a banana rather than a bag of crisps :)

Thanks for your reply :) Congratulations on your pregnancy!

Very good suggestion, you are right; the support at group will be a huge help. I think I'll pop along tonight and see what the consultant says.

Good luck sticking to the plan, I wish I had got back on it sooner as I know I'd be feeling better now!
Thanks again.

Back