DELETE PLEASE

Oh yes, I forgot, I also noticed Halloumi was a hexa, which I didn't think it was, I love halloumi.

I found out that you can have Parmesan cheese as a healthy extra A choice.

I didn't realise butternut squash was a free food on red days.

I've tried a new cereal off the HEB list this week too. Fruit and fibre and really liked it xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

As I'm slightly ahead week wise I learnt this:

Fresh Coconut is not free, good job I rarely eat it!

I can stomach scan bran, I actually like it with a banana and a peppermint tea in the morning or dipped in soup.

Also, I made speed soup last tues and since then the weathers been too hot to enjoy it so I will be making it again!!!!

It's quite a firm, salty cheese, I think it's fair to say it's bendy, I'm not selling it I know, but honestly it is very nice.

Ewww lol!! xxx

Im gonna be honest and say i cant do the scan bran week - anyone want to suggest anything else i can do? X

Im gonna be honest and say i cant do the scan bran week - anyone want to suggest anything else i can do? X

Are there any other crisp breads you could have Hun? I'm going to give the scan bran a try and if I can't take it anymore I'm going to have the Ryvita wholegrain cracker breads instead lol xxx

Are there any other crisp breads you could have Hun? I'm going to give the scan bran a try and if I can't take it anymore I'm going to have the Ryvita wholegrain cracker breads instead lol xxx

I have these...could do a heb of ryvita a day until jolliday on Friday! X

Re: 12 Week Weight Loss Challenge

I've got my whole week planned around the scanbran challenge! Sat yesterday planning my meals and trying to find a way to make them more palatable. I think thats the challenge in itself :D

Going to stock up tonight - will need 4 bloody packs! Xx

I've got my whole week planned around the scanbran challenge! Sat yesterday planning my meals and trying to find a way to make them more palatable. I think thats the challenge in itself :D

Going to stock up tonight - will need 4 bloody packs! Xx

Lol!!! Would love to hear what your scan bean menu is xxx

I don't think I've ever tried halloumi.

Hey Lucy, what other things did you do with scan bran to ensure you had 5 a day?xxx

Cottage cheese on the top is nice for the 2 I usualy have left over, I usually can only manage 3 in the morning!

I've been naughty on this challenge but had a serious chat with hubby last night and he too wants to lose 1/2 stone by our July hols so I am going to do the scan bran again this week (as its too hot for speed soup anyway) Luckily I work with my cons so she can bring some in for me as I won't be able to weigh on wed's, my babysitter's mother had a heart attack at the weekend love her.

Lol!!! Would love to hear what your scan bean menu is xxx

So far there is :

Scan bran coffee cake
scan bran breakfast loaf
3 x SB toasted and topped with baked beans and mushrooms, 2 x SB topped with philli light and jam
SB 'porridge' with a tonne of sweetener :D and probably grated apple
SB soaked in vanilla yogurt overnight with dark cherries
SB topped with laughing cow extra light triangles, cucumber, spring onion and peppers

and just need one more to think of xx

So far there is :

Scan bran coffee cake
scan bran breakfast loaf
3 x SB toasted and topped with baked beans and mushrooms, 2 x SB topped with philli light and jam
SB 'porridge' with a tonne of sweetener :D and probably grated apple
SB soaked in vanilla yogurt overnight with dark cherries
SB topped with laughing cow extra light triangles, cucumber, spring onion and peppers

and just need one more to think of xx

The breakfast loaf sounds interesting, do you have the recipe?

The breakfast loaf sounds interesting, do you have the recipe?

Yup! got it saved on my phone and printed off to be ready to make!

Breakfast Loaf

Ingredients
5 Scan/Oat bran
2 slices of bacon (fat removed or 2 medallions)
1 small onion
2 Medium mushrooms
3 Eggs (separated)
1 Oxo cube (whatever flavour you like)
Extra seasoning (Smoked Paprika or something like that)

Recipe:

1.Prepare Scan/Oat bran as usual and put to one side (either by boiling water and mash or industrial strength blender and blitz!)
2.Dice the onion and fry in fry light until soft, then add to mashed bran (including any onion juices) mix gently.
3.Add oxo cube, extra spices and mix in.
4.Cut up mushrooms and bacon into small pieces and add to bran mix.
5.Mix the egg yolks into the mixture.
6.Beat the egg whites in a bowl until volume has increased then gently fold into the bran mixture.
7.Place mixture in chinese takeout plastic container (for microwave) and cook for 5 mins (800w oven), turn out and leave to cool for a few minutes (you can be cooking whatever else you are having with it!) then slice and serve!!

Note: This can be done in an oven, general rule of thumb is to cook for same amount of time as a basic cake but you will have to experiment. If sliced once cold it does hold together better.

Back