Delicate topic - bodily functions

Hmmmm, that's me off chorizo for life LOL :D

Hahahahaha!

But seriously, some proper good chorizos contain too much fatty so I microwaved them to drain out some fat so you can taste the meat... lol

Anyways I guess this will help you keep away from them:sign0137:

Whatever helps our diet! :D

I take p husk tabs, half hour before shake with water, and if it gets really bad a senekot before bed, only needed to do that once tho :)

Last edited:
I suffer really badly , dulcolax and senna give me terrible cramps , thought dulcoease was out due to something in the coating ? could be wrong , so i have some movicol at the moment and just have 1 every other day for now . My new CDC says that CD are starting to recommend Physillium ( sp ?) husks so she is ordering me some for next week , would rather prevent it than treat it

and there have been (several times ) when I have had to use glycerin suppositories , does really help if it gets 'stuck'

I can't stand the fibre and ducolax so ducloease is the lesser of the evils. Not sure about CD stance on it to be honest. I'll have a look at those husk things though

when i started i was told if you get constipated you must stop the diet so was advised to take 2 physillium husks with every shake whilst ssing and i never had a problem i wouldn't go everyday but i didnt struggle

Golly gosh, I love a good poo thread!!!!! This has made my day rofl.

If I am struggling I take Movicol - bloody amazing stuff. Takes a day or so to work but is wonderful.

Charlie xx

Golly gosh, I love a good poo thread!!!!! This has made my day rofl.

It was the trauma of envisioning hours being spent "mid event" on the toilet that was scaring me! ;)

It was the trauma of envisioning hours being spent "mid event" on the toilet that was scaring me! ;)

thats why God gave us fingers!!!!!

Lol... i remember when I worked for a bit on a geriatric care ward all the old dears talked about "helping" themselves go to the loo. I prefer the syringe full of veggie oil method myself :)

pmsl

lucky we can laugh about this... when it happened to me I thought i was dying - I've never felt pain like it (granted I don't have kids so I haven't got that comparison). It brings tears to my eyes just thinking about it.

God love us!! The things we put ourselves through.

Lx

pmsl

lucky we can laugh about this... when it happened to me I thought i was dying - I've never felt pain like it (granted I don't have kids so I haven't got that comparison). It brings tears to my eyes just thinking about it.

God love us!! The things we put ourselves through.

Lx

lol everytime the dreaded constipation hits im adament that im gonna stop cd because i dont handle pain well

then i get on the scales at weigh in and decide it was totally worth it, lol

On a serious note if you are straining you need to do something about it; straining leads to piles.

Lol... i remember when I worked for a bit on a geriatric care ward all the old dears talked about "helping" themselves go to the loo. I prefer the syringe full of veggie oil method myself :)

My friend (and yes, I do mean my friend!) once used a teaspoon to 'manually evacuate'.... I never wanted her to stir my drinks when I went round :eek:

eeeeew.... I am glad I moved topics and finished my chocolate mix a mousse before I read this....

Speaking of bodily functions, I've had to come home from work poorly cos I've got an upset stomach! My stomach killls and I feel so sick. It is self inflicted though - had some constipation tablets yesterday then managed to 'go' a few minutes later!! Arghhh so annoying!

i didnt know you had to t ake fibre everyday, only when you cant go. Lesson learned for me as since last mondays hideous number two crisis, I took the fibre friday and went to the loo painlessly on saturday. Didnt take fibre again until Monday and only just gone again today since Saturday. Must take it everyday now to get it more regular :(

You should take it every day so it doesn't come to the point of constipation in the first place. It didn't work for me though! Boooo :(

yup the fibres a preventor, if your already constipated then it could make it worse, need to be sure youve had a clear out first

Yep I take 2 capsules of holland and barrett psyllium husks with every shake...or if having a bar/ tetra then 3 in the first shake of the day...

and not had a problem.. learnt my lesson from the dire straits I got into last time doing CD!! Never, ever again!

Also find fresh coffee and high dose vit c useful x

lol at "clearout" he heeeeeeee

Back