Delicious meals with minimum ingredients.

Sorry k9drwho! I've only just seen your question - just back from a short break. Which recipe is it you're after? I only ever view them on a laptop so, if it's the chorizo and squash risotto, on the laptop it's on page 122 but believe it can be different on phones, etc. If my response isn't helpful, hopefully someone else will help you out. :)

Kathy

TUSCAN CHICKEN - Serves 2

Approx. 1.5 Syns for the whole recipe, if using the cheese as HEX's

2 large, skinless chicken breasts
2 medium sized red onions, sliced
1 red pepper, deseeded and diced
1 yellow pepper, deseeded and diced
6 cherry tomatoes, halved
Splash of dry, white wine - 1.5 Syns (based on 50ml being 1.5)
Squeeze of lemon juice
Grated Parmesan - HEX's

Pre-heat the oven to 220C/Gas 7.
Sandwich the chicken breasts between two pieces of cling film and bash with a rolling pin until flat and even thickness.
Spray a large, non-stick frying pan well with Frylight. Cook the onions until softened (I sometimes start these off in the microwave, with a splash of water, to quicken the process).
Add the peppers until softened.
Season with a little salt and a good sprinkling of black pepper.
Remove and set aside while you cook the chicken.
Re-spray the pan and add the chicken. Cook over a medium/high heat for about 2 minutes on each side.
When the chicken is thoroughly cooked, add a splash of wine and cook until it's almost gone.
Add the cooked onions and peppers and add in the halved tomatoes - heat through.
Squeeze in the lemon juice and check the seasoning.
Top with freshly grated Parmesan and put into the oven for a couple of minutes so the cheese just begins to melt.

Lovely with a fresh salad and HEX crusty bread.

TUSCAN CHICKEN - Serves 2 Approx. 1.5 Syns for the whole recipe, if using the cheese as HEX's 2 large, skinless chicken breasts 2 medium sized red onions, sliced 1 red pepper, deseeded and diced 1 yellow pepper, deseeded and diced 6 cherry tomatoes, halved Splash of dry, white wine - 1.5 Syns (based on 50ml being 1.5) Squeeze of lemon juice Grated Parmesan - HEX's Pre-heat the oven to 220C/Gas 7. Sandwich the chicken breasts between two pieces of cling film and bash with a rolling pin until flat and even thickness. Spray a large, non-stick frying pan well with Frylight. Cook the onions until softened (I sometimes start these off in the microwave, with a splash of water, to quicken the process). Add the peppers until softened. Season with a little salt and a good sprinkling of black pepper. Remove and set aside while you cook the chicken. Re-spray the pan and add the chicken. Cook over a medium/high heat for about 2 minutes on each side. When the chicken is thoroughly cooked, add a splash of wine and cook until it's almost gone. Add the cooked onions and peppers and add in the halved tomatoes - heat through. Squeeze in the lemon juice and check the seasoning. Top with freshly grated Parmesan and put into the oven for a couple of minutes so the cheese just begins to melt. Lovely with a fresh salad and HEX crusty bread.

That sound amazing... X

CHICKEN GRATIN WITH TARRAGON - Serves 4

Syn Free if you use a HEX serving of cheese

4 skinless chicken breast fillets
10g pack of fresh tarragon
150g Quark
3 vine-ripened tomatoes
4 HEX's of cheese

Pre-heat the oven to 200C/gas 6. Make a slit down the centre of each chicken breast with a sharp knife but don't cut all the way through. Put the chicken on a baking tray which has been sprayed with Frylight.
Save 4 sprigs of tarragon but chop the rest of the leaves and mix into the Quark, along with 4 HEX's of cheese and plenty of black pepper. Spoon into the pockets in the chicken breasts.
Slice the tomatoes and place over the cheese-filled pockets. Put a sprig of tarragon on each and spray with Frylight.
Season and bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes until the chicken is cooked but still moist.
If serving cold, pour off the juices otherwise they will set to a jelly once cold.
If you don't want such a cheesy filling, just maybe use half of the HEX's.

We have had this both hot and cold and it is delicious either way. Hot, we had it with garlicky roasties and lots of lovely veg and cold, we had it with an enormous, colourful side salad and SW potato salad. :)

I'm trying this one tonight but using total greek 0% instead of quark as I couldn't find it in Tesco when I went. Will try and upload a pic later if I don't scoff it too quickly :)

NUMBERED INDEX ON PAGES 55 and 98

Thanks, Sparty. A pic would be good! Hope you enjoy it. :)

Last edited:
COD WITH CHORIZO - Serves 2

Approx. 3 Syns per serving

2 x 200g skinless cod portions
2 onions, finely chopped
250-300g diced sweet potato
100g chorizo, diced - 6.5 Syns
400g tin of chopped tomatoes
1 red pepper, deseeded and finely chopped

Pre-heat the oven to 200C/Gas 6.
Microwave or boil the diced sweet potato until soft.
Spray a large, non-stick frying pan well with Frylight and cook the onions and pepper until soft.
Add the chorizo and continue to cook until the chorizo is cooked through.
Add the tomatoes and season (careful with the salt). I sometimes add some chopped, fresh herbs at this stage - basil, thyme, etc.).
Add the sweet potato.
Put the fish into an oven-proof dish and pour the tomato mixture over.
Bake for about 15 minutes. The fish should flake easily when cooked.

I usually have with new potatoes and veg/salad or with a chunk of HEX crusty bread and salad.

COD WITH CHORIZO - Serves 2

Approx. 3 Syns per serving

2 x 200g skinless cod portions
2 onions, finely chopped
250-300g diced sweet potato
100g chorizo, diced - 6.5 Syns
400g tin of chopped tomatoes
1 red pepper, deseeded and finely chopped

Pre-heat the oven to 200C/Gas 6.
Microwave or boil the diced sweet potato until soft.
Spray a large, non-stick frying pan well with Frylight and cook the onions and pepper until soft.
Add the chorizo and continue to cook until the chorizo is cooked through.
Add the tomatoes and season (careful with the salt). I sometimes add some chopped, fresh herbs at this stage - basil, thyme, etc.).
Add the sweet potato.
Put the fish into an oven-proof dish and pour the tomato mixture over.
Bake for about 15 minutes. The fish should flake easily when cooked.

I usually have with new potatoes and veg/salad or with a chunk of HEX crusty bread and salad.

going to try this, just need to buy some more chorizo.

going to try this, just need to buy some more chorizo.

Me too, this recipe sounds amazing!! I feel like I live on this thread now, I'm loving trying all the recipes.... I had the saucy stir fry last night!! Another hit in the fowler household :)

Aww, I'm so glad you enjoyed it. It's always a bit nerve-racking posting recipes you have tried and enjoyed, in the hope that other people will like them too. So ..... fingers crossed! :D

Kathy

CHILLI AND GINGER PORK STIR-FRY - Serves 6

1 Syn per serving

6 tbsp. reduced-salt soy sauce
2 tsp. sesame oil - 4 Syns (Have tried without but it does add flavour)
1 large piece of root ginger, grated - about 100-130g in weight
700g pork loin steaks, all visible fat removed (Definitely best from the butcher)
220g stir-fry veg, preferably including baby corn, mangetout, broccoli florets, spring onions and one red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
400g pak choi, leaves separated
4 tbsp. oyster sauce - Tiger Tiger, Asda and Tesco are all 2 Syns for 4 tbsp.
400g dried medium egg noodles

Put the soy sauce, sesame oil, garlic and ginger, along with a little seasoning (I never add salt because of the soy sauce), into a large bowl.
Cut the pork loins into strips, add to the marinade, stir well, cover with cling film and leave to marinate for at least 10 minutes, but longer, if poss.
Spray a large wok or non-stick frying pan, well with Frylight. Heat, then add the pork strips and the marinade and stir-fry until nicely browned. Tip into a bowl and set aside.
Finely chop the chilli and spring onions and fry for about 3 minutes.
Add the baby sweetcorn, broccoli and a splash of water and fry until cooked through.
Add a little water to make it a little more saucy.
Cook the noodles until tender but still retaining a slight bite. Drain.
Meanwhile, return the pork mixture to the pan and heat through.
Divide the noodles between warmed bowls, top with the pork mixture and serve immediately.

This is a recipe from the Tesco web-site.

Where do you get your inspiration from! These recipes are amazing, cant wait to start trying everything!!

Thanks, Corina! :) Many of them are from when I successfully did SW a few years ago, losing 3 stone and then, stupidly, putting it all back on again!! Some are just recipes I pick up along the way, from mags, on-line, friends, etc and a few are some I throw together, hoping for the best! :)
Hope you find some of them helpful and thanks for the lovely comment.

Kathy

CHICKEN AND MUSHROOM STROGANOFF - Serves 4

3 Syns per serving

4 skinless chicken breast fillets, cut into strips
1 small onion, finely chopped
150g chestnut mushrooms, sliced
75ml white wine - 2.5 Syns
75ml chicken stock
1 level tsp. wholegrain mustard - 0.5 Syn
1 x 150ml tub half-fat soured cream - 9 Syns
Bunch of fresh parsley or thyme, finely chopped

Spray a large, non-stick frying pan well with Frylight and cook the onion until soft. I start mine off in the microwave with a splash of water, to speed things up.
Add the chicken and cook for about 7 minutes until golden brown.
Add the mushrooms; cook until soft and most of their liquid has evaporated off.
Add the wine and boil until reduced by half.
Add the stock, mustard and soured cream and bring to the boil.
Season and add the chopped herbs.
Serve immediately on hot plates. Great over noodles or rice, with a huge side of veg.

BREAKFAST BANANA SPLIT - Serves 1

2 Syns

1 ripe, yet firm, banana, peeled
0% fat Greek yoghurt
2 level tbsp. of reduced sugar jam - 2 Syns
Fresh fruit of your choice

Split the banana lengthways and lie the two halves in a shallow bowl.
Spoon the yoghurt over.
Warm the jam in the microwave until it is very runny.
Drizzle the jam over the yoghurt, top with the fruit and enjoy!

If I have Syns to spare for the day, I sprinkle over some sliced almonds (Synned). I also usually have a mixture of fruits with this, like blueberries, raspberries, thin slithers of strawberries, etc. It's just a bit more exciting than the usual banana and yoghurt!

This tasty concoction came originally from a lady called Julie from a site called The Fresh Ideas Group.

Just caught up with the list Kathy and spotted the Lamb with balsamic vinegar on 116. How could I not have spotted that one. Definitely on the list for next weekend. I love lamb and had it with my NZ family before they left. Bet this will taste better.

As I've been using so many of the recipes I thought I would start sharing some pictures....so here's the pulled pork recipe (I had my HexB with a wholemeal roll and a couple of syns for some stuffing in the sandwich!

image-1249773527.jpg

Back