Delivery help

GlassRose.x

Hi there

I placed an order with S&S early this morning (7am) to be delivered for tomorrow. I've checked the order receipt and it does confirm I did pay for Saturday delivery. However I have just received an email from City Link to say it will come Monday!

Has this happened to anyone else? No one will be here on Monday and thats why I paid extra for it to come tomorrow. (Paid £19.99)

I have contacted their live chat but I think they'll be away for the weekend :(

If live chat is showing online they'll get back to you. If not email them

£20 for postage, jeeze!!!! They usually respond pretty quickly, and rob is on some evenings and they are open during the weekend so you should recieve a response soon

Exactly, its why I'm peed because of how much postage was! I could of paid £3.99 if I wanted it on Monday, but no one is here during the week.

I'm going to call City Link to confirm their email, and I just hope I get an email soon. Just worried as City Link close at 7pm :( Infact, if I paid the price they said the delivery is coming for, it would be £9.99, not £19.99.

I live on Mainland so thats not an issue (otherwise very understandable!)

I had an email chat with rob about this last night

Am also a bit stuck as I can only get mine on Saturday. Will be using royalmail, so far so good!! May even ask if they can send in jiffys so they come through door

Bit of a mare. Sure you will hear back tonight they are very good ususally

Has this also happened to you Rebekah? First order with them and bit disappointed at the moment after having a very bad day anyways!

Still on hold to City Link but doubt they'll help me. I hope I hear from Rob tonight with a good answer lol. I might use Royal Mail next time, but then theres guarantee when it'll come unless I get special delivery? But then that might get turned into 1st Class Recorded lol

Normally this wouldn't pee me off as much as it has, but to have paid £19.99 for the delivery and then get a service which is practically half price is not fair :( Hopefully its City Link whos cocked up lol

City Link has confirmed Monday delivery & they can't change it. Ended up putting the phone down on them.

Hoping S&S will reply tonight.

I imagine they will refund you as you haven't got the service you paid for, very annoying though.

Is there an alternate adress it could be sent to? a family member who is in on monday or erhaps delivered to your workplace?

Basically nope lol I'm agency staff so can't get it sent to work place. I'm hoping City Link will just deliver it tomorrow, I really do as thats happened before (though I did forget which courier was used but realized when I saw the tracking info). But I doubt it as the bloke said S&S booked it for Monday delivery.

Sorry your having a bad time of it hun, Am sure sure sure Rob will refund you and try to rectify things.

I'll only be using 1st class standard. Its just too pricey - sure is annoying when you cant get things delivered to work :( Am in the same predicament as its high security where I work..so no deliveries allowed any longer...errrk

Next time I'll probably use Royal Mail, as said before I've had problems with City Link before but didn't realize it was them when placed the order today lol (one company used a third party company and the other was just tracking via their website, didn't give the couriers name, I just realized it was them when I tracked this parcel lol)

Luckily! My boyfriend has said he'll stay in until midday on Monday for it. Little one would just miss his trip to the park in the morning lol

Now just waiting for the reply and take it from there.

You may be able to collect it from your local city link depot

Have had a look at that but I only have one form of ID that they require - they want to see two. I might ring them in the morning and ask about it though, I know the depot is a 25 bus journey away (don't drive) so not too bad :/

Just an update, I got a reply from Rob last night at 10pmish, hes refunded the delivery charge and my boyfriend will be in on Monday to receive the parcel.

They are usually pretty good about replying, even late into the evening, and do try to provide good service where they can. There haven't been too many complaints on here about poor service although mistakes will happen.

Back