Demon's Maintenance Journey

Week 28/Day Two

Good morning everyone :)

Got that back to work feeling again today, but at least it's a short week :rolleyes: Keeping fingers crossed the office isn't too cold today or I'll be on here moaning that I can't feel my feet as usual
icon_rolleyes.gif

Here's wishing you all a good and positive day
smilie_fee.gif

Well, can still feel my feet, but don't know where my fingers are it's absolutely freezing here in the office again today. Popped out at lunch time to meet Mother and that's been the only time I've managed to warm up.

It's been a weird day - I finally decided to be brave and wear my news clothes - the ones that actually fit for a change !!!! and, oh boy, did I feel exposed :eek: I've always worn loose tops to try and hide the bulges, but this one is quite fitted and doesn't fully cover my bottom - spent the morning being completely that I look too big.

It's truly crazy really 'cos I know I'm sooo much slimmer now and I've been getting loads of compliments - wonder how long it takes to get more confident about body image :confused:

Dont know about when the body image alters - I think its when you feel comfy in yourself - my sister went from a 22 to an 8/10 and still felt self concious, even though there was nothing of her... she is a size 12 now and to be honest, she is a lot more confident now - I dont know why - she says she just doesnt care anymore.. saying that - it doesnt mean she doesnt have off days when she feels like a size 22 again..

I dont know if anyone ever truly feels comfy in themselves all of the time :(

DEMON - YOU ARE A STAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
3lbs to go, i can't believe it!

Well done, love

barb

I've been overweight for sooo long that, like you say squashedfroggy, guess it's going to take time to come to terms with the body image thing. Hopefully I'll build confidence the longer I stay slim.
Was tipping down
Temps07.gif
when I left work - seems to have stopped now I'm home..........typical
icon_rolleyes.gif
Must have been cold 'cos the heating turned itself on so at least I'm thawing out now
icon_biggrin.gif

Off to slurp some soup shortly and collapse for the evening.

not sure fingerless gloves will do the trick though cheb..........more like great big fluffy mittens mefinks
icon_rolleyes.gif

Absolutely freezing again - drat that aircon :eek: but suppose it gives the bods around me something to chuckle about ;)

Off to the hairdresser this evening - time for my six weekly cut/colour etc.

Must be these smaller clothes I'm wearing - my hairdresser has suddenly noticed I've lost weight
icon_rolleyes.gif
I know I only see her every six weeks, but you'd have thought she'd have commented before - after all it hasn't just suddenly disappeared

All's forgiven though 'cos she exclaimed 'you're really tiny'............absolutely made my day

Off to bed now, nite, nite

Week 28/Day Four

Good morning everyone.............almost :eek:

Well, what a disaster today...........the alarm failed to go off so I was an hour late getting out of bed :eek: Had to dash around even more manically than usual to get to work - didn't have time to breathe let alone get on here - only just catching up with myself !!!!

LOL D_Q............tiny..........I wish...........methinks she was exaggerating just a tad............wasn't complaining though ;)
Wishing you all a good and positive day
smilie_fee.gif

Wish I had tried a VLCD years ago.

You and me both lena :D 30lbs in 46 days is BRILLIANT bet you feel sooo much better. How much do you want to lose altogether?

This week has been really strange - it's like I've not been losing weight for six months now :confused: Sooo many people are rushing up to me at work commenting on it - it's like a light has suddenly gone on lol. Two of them actually gave me a big hug
icon_rolleyes.gif
Gosh if I'd known I'd get this reaction I might have worn proper fitting clothes sooner

Better make the most of I'm thinking, before they all get used to it 'cos I definitely INTEND to stay this way for good now ;)

Off to bed shortly, nite, nite

Week 28/Day Five

Good morning everyone :)

It's been raining here and is still looking very grey and dull..........so that's another day freezing at the office then
icon_eek.gif

The good news is that it's FRIDAY and the weekend beckons............YEAH :D :D :D :D

Here's wishing you all a good and positive day
smilie_fee.gif

Hi Demon,

Were you still hiding yourself in big clothes and is that why no one really noticed?

It is great now that you are getting the attention! You deserve it:)

Love Mini xxx

I wasn't really hiding in big clothes mini, but must admit I've always been reluctant to wear anything fitted - most of my stuff was a tad oversized and tops were a generous tunic style - you know, that urge to hide my bum and all those lumps and bumps some old habits die hard I suppose

This is the first time in years I've been brave enough to wear things that actually show a shape - thinking about it, no wonder people couldn't see just how much smaller I'd become

Absolutely froze at work again today even though it got quite warm outside at lunchtime !!!!

Planning another lazy evening in front of the box - will probably put the heating on again :eek: Poor Mr.D sits there patiently sweltering ;)

Hi Demon,

It is like revealing yourself in clothes, does take time to get use to it as we do tend to cover up a lot.

I freeze as well, but I think husband has adapted at this stage...:rolleyes: I keep saying to him, not much longer:D

Love Mini xxx

You and me both lena :D 30lbs in 46 days is BRILLIANT bet you feel sooo much better. How much do you want to lose altogether?/quote]
Hi Demon

I think I want to lose 83 lbs in total but I am seeing how it goes. Just taking each day at a time. Loads of people already commenting on weight loss so am really pleased. I have lost 12 inches from my waist already!!!! It has always been the smallest part of me (other than my wrists!!!) :rolleyes:.

Was going to try and get out at dinner today to see if I could get any clothes bargains, but no such look didnt even get to see the light of day.

My Mum kindly altered a pile of clothes last week but they are already falling off me. Might have to drag the kids with me tomorrow.

Have a good weekend X

Last edited:
WOW lena, that means you're already over half way there Think the 'one day at a time' philosophy is spot on :D

Been playing catch up with the sky+ box. Thought I'd better get some progs out of the way before tomorrow evening and Maria and XFactor
icon_wink.gif

Planning a good lie in in the morning - off to bed shortly, nite, nite

Back