Devastated

Steffi

Just posted a long thread and lost connection when tried to post.

10.00pm last night my beloved 4 yr old shihtzu Bruce was knocked down by a car and died on the way to the vets. The driver did not even stop even tho' the bumper was hanging off.

I am absolutly distraught. I am 46 and this is the first time I have ever had to deal with grief and am not coping at all well.

Some of you know me and hubby are only together at weekends so it's always just me and darling Bruce. I am going to miss him so much.

Thanks for listening especially to Mini who suggested I post on this thread.

A devasted
Steffi X

Steffi,

I am so sorry for you.

When a pet dies it is just heartbreaking and especially when he was such a big part of your life.

I have lost pets in the past and it is hard to deal with and for you this is a big shock as it was sudden and something you couldn't prepare for.

Thinking of you.

Linda

Hi Steffi

A big hug for you at this awful time.

I hope memories of Bruce are less painful for you with time.

Dizzy x

OMG! Poor you!! :(

So sorry to hear about poor Bruce: what a heartless &*%$* who didn't even bother to stop!
I can understand your grief: if my beloved little Pepper died I'd be totally bereft. I know that when I had to have our 18 year old cat Biggles put to sleep I cried like a baby. Anyone who had owned and loved a pet will understand how you're feeling.

Here's a link to a website that may bring you some comfort (although there will be tears, they'll be healing tears)

Pet Loss Grief Support, Rainbow Bridge, Monday Candle Ceremony,

In particular, check out the 'rainbow bridge' poem - still brings a lump to my throat even now.

Thinking of you

Oh Steffi - I'm so very sorry for your loss. I know all too well the heartbreak that you're going through.

Sending you huge (((((HUGS)))))) at this horrendous time.

lots of love

Oh Steffi :-(

I lost my dog a few weeks ago and it is so hard to deal with.

Thinking of you today

Mike

Steffi

cant say any more than what has already been said
im so sorry to hear what happened -
hugs
take care of yourself
x

So sorry to hear about your dog. It will take a while to come to terms with his loss. Years ago we had a budgie (yes, really!). When he died at about the age of 6 yrs, old for a budgie, my Mum and I were devastated. I remember going to work and great waves of grief washing over me and weeping over my desk - people must have thought I was mad! It eased gradually, but took quite a while. Now, though, I rememberinhg him makes me smile, he was a great little guy, full of personality.

It is a very hard thing for you to go through, Steffi,thinking of you.
SM

So sorry to hear about this. I once saw my cat knocked down in the road and saw the driver carry on. It's so awful. People think because it is an animal, they have no lawful obligation so why should they have a moral one? So sorry for you.

Oh Steffi .. how awful :(

I can totally understand how you feel as I lost my cat the same way. He was my 'baby', and I think I cried more when he died than when my Dad died.

I'm really sorry this has happened .. wish I could say something to console you

(((( hugs ))))

Mandana x

Hi Steffi,

Bruce he was your faithful companion and as such the blow of his loss is very difficult for you just now.

Sending
hugs2.gif

Love Mini xxx

Steffi my heart goes out to you. You must still be in terrible shock.. Please let us know you are ok, physically, I know mentally its going to take a long long time to get over this. I know its so hard when you loved him so.. Please try and remember the good times and the total love I know he gave you. We are all thinking about you.

Thankyou all.....

For the lovely messages of comfort. My husband and I read them all last night and we both thank you all so very much.

I feel so lost without my baby that my comfort eating is spiralling out of control. My holiday is only 3 weeks away now and I really don't want to gain any more weight. Any ideas how to just get back into SS?

Many thanks

Steffi X

For the lovely messages of comfort. My husband and I read them all last night and we both thank you all so very much.

I feel so lost without my baby that my comfort eating is spiralling out of control. My holiday is only 3 weeks away now and I really don't want to gain any more weight. Any ideas how to just get back into SS?

Many thanks

Steffi X

Steffi i understand comfort eating spiralling out of control only too well!

You can try the going down through the stages - 1500/1200/1000/790 and finally SS. I was going to try that today .... but when I saw that I got to choose a mini hot cross bun, or 2 choc chip cookies etc as a snack - I knew it wouldn't work for me ....... I'd eat them all and more!!! So I've gone for the 790plan. I've had 3 shakes today ... and a small chicken breast fillet with sugar snap peas, cauliflower and broccoli ........ oh and 1/2pint skimmed milk in my tea!!!! It's worked for me - TODAY - and I've enjoyed it.

Good luck

Back