DIARY CLOSED.

Well done on your loss. Your smashing it. Glad you are not putting too much pressure on yourself too get to the next stone as quick as you can xx

Thank you lovely! I have to admit, I am so much more relaxed with 5:2 than I was with SW, I used to put so much pressure on myself. I think it's because I'm actually really enjoying myself with this way of life. I mean 4lb off this week and I've never once felt deprived - we had Nando's and a few drinks Friday night, we went out for a few drinks on Saturday afternoon and I had my M&S "Count on Us" pizza for tea when I got in. I even enjoy the fast days, strangely enough! Really feel like I have found my "thing" with 5:2 and I'm looking forward to the week ahead :) xx

Thanks everyone!

I also forgot that I set myself some realistic and achievable goals for November - to keep me going but without too much pressure. They were:
1. Stay on plan with 5:2
2. Achieve my first stone loss with 5:2 (now only 0.5lb to go!!)
3. I originally forgot about this one, but I also would like to be in the 11's by the end of November

:)

Thanks everyone! I also forgot that I set myself some realistic and achievable goals for November - to keep me going but without too much pressure. They were: 1. Stay on plan with 5:2 2. Achieve my first stone loss with 5:2 (now only 0.5lb to go!!) 3. I originally forgot about this one, but I also would like to be in the 11's by the end of November :)

Ooh I think you will be well back into the 11's by end of November, well done x

Ooh I think you will be well back into the 11's by end of November, well done x

I hadn't anticipated a 4lb loss this week and didn't realise I'd only have 3lb to go! If I stick to plan and lose just 1lb a week for the next 3 weeks that will be all of my November goals met :) x

Morning everyone. Sorry I've not gotten round to posting over the weekend, we've been too busy enjoying ourselves! But I have been on plan - I even managed a third Fast day this week and came in at under 500cals yesterday.

Weigh day today. Drum roll please...another 4lb off!! Taking me to a loss of 13.5lb after just 3 weeks of 5:2 and now down to 12st 2.5lb :D Only 3lb to go until I am into the 11's, and I am hoping for that in the next couple of weeks.

I am up and at work super early this morning! I was up at 4:45am as I had to drop my mam and dad off at Scotch Corner to get the coach to Southampton. Tney're going on a Caribbean cruise today for 24 days!! Lucky things. So I have been at work since 6am, but the good thing is I can have an early finish!! When I finish I'm going to go and pick Warren up and call at Tesco for a few bits and bobs - we're making fajitas for tea tonight so I need to pick up some wraps, fajita mix, etc. It's ages since I've had fajitas so I can't wait!!

Well, my Monday has gotten off to a great start. I hope everyone else has an equally fantastic day! xx

Feast Day

Breakfast:
- Harvest Morn Original Porridge Pot

Mid-Morning Snack:
- Half of a Banana Nut Muffin Quest bar

Lunch:
- Not sure yet, will be some kind of salad or sandwich. Will update once I decide!

Dinner:
- Chicken and Vegetable Fajitas with 2 x WW Tortilla Wraps, Jalapenos and Cheese. Served with SW Spicy Potato Wedges and M&S "Count on Us" Coleslaw

Very impressed that you can eat half of anything!! I'd have to eat the whole thing once it's open. Well done on the 4lb off, you're doing so well!!!

Very impressed that you can eat half of anything!! I'd have to eat the whole thing once it's open. Well done on the 4lb off, you're doing so well!!!

Trust me, I never used to be able to!! I used to be so greedy. But one thing I'm loving with 5:2 is that my body is now recognising when I am hungry and when I am full. So now I actually realise than half of a pizza, half of a salad and half of a tub of coleslaw is enough for a meal - I don't need the whole lot! Also had half of the Quest bar for supper last night on my fast day (to save on cals!) so I thought I'd bring the other half to work today. I like that I am now eating more "normal" sized portions of things and being just as satisfied by them x

You should be so proud of yourself Hun, you're doing a great job..
It's my 2nd fast today, albeit it's being made slightly easier as I am off work I'll today, woke up with a cracking migraine and have only just stopped feeling sick with it.. Although I was out twice over the weekend for meals I haven't had the usual stress as not working out syn values is so much better!!

You should be so proud of yourself Hun, you're doing a great job..
It's my 2nd fast today, albeit it's being made slightly easier as I am off work I'll today, woke up with a cracking migraine and have only just stopped feeling sick with it.. Although I was out twice over the weekend for meals I haven't had the usual stress as not working out syn values is so much better!!

Ahh, thank you hun!! Hope you're feeling better soon!! My first week of 5:2 I was really poorly with cold and was off work for three days - I fasted two of them and found it easier as I didn't have much of an appetite anyway. Now, 3 weeks in, my appetite has naturally reduced. I totally agree - eating out is so much easier!! What I had over the weekend alone would have been an absolute write off SW-wise, probably a full weeks Syns in just two days. But all on plan, accounted for and actually under calories with 5:2!! Love it! x

The goals you've set yourself are achievable, I was going to say easily, but what I mean is they're not so far out that you'd struggle to meet them.

There is quite a bit of info out there which says the 5:2 is a healthy way to eat, the oldest guy who ran the marathon would eat very few cals per day; there we go I found info about him, at 102 he is the oldest person to run a marathon :eek:

Fauja Singh: World's oldest runner, 102, finds peace - CNN.com

The goals you've set yourself are achievable, I was going to say easily, but what I mean is they're not so far out that you'd struggle to meet them.

There is quite a bit of info out there which says the 5:2 is a healthy way to eat, the oldest guy who ran the marathon would eat very few cals per day; there we go I found info about him, at 102 he is the oldest person to run a marathon :eek:

Fauja Singh: World's oldest runner, 102, finds peace - CNN.com

That's amazing isn't it!! I couldn't run a marathon at 23, nevermind 102!!! :giggle:

Well done hun :) 5:2 is the way to go for you it seems, and by the looks of it you've inspired a few people to try it! xx

Thanks hun! So many people have said that to me, but it's hard to see myself as "inspiring". I have my struggles just as much as anyone. But I guess the important thing is not the struggles, but what you do to pick yourself up and get over them :)

Really loving 5:2 and definitely feel like it's the thing for me! xx

Morning diary, happy Tuesday. It will soon be the weekend before we know it! And even more exciting...

...it will be CHRISTMAS before we know it!! Just over 7 weeks to go - can you believe it!? Yesterday afternoon I made a start on wrapping the Christmas presents I've bought so far. I just love this time of year. I love deciding what gifts I'm going to buy people, then shopping for them and wrapping them up all nicely. It might have just turned November but I think I'm getting into the Christmas spirit already lol :D

Today I've got my first fast day of the week. I'm planning on having a late breakfast / early lunch of porridge and then saving the rest of my calories for tea tonight. I'm also thinking that I may go for a walk tonight, depending on how I feel / how cold and dark it is. We shall see!

Anyway, this is how today is going to go...

Fast Day

Brunch (204cals):
- Harvest Morn Original Porridge Pot
- Large can of Sugar Free Red Bull

Dinner (294cals):
- McCain Frozen Jacket Potato topped with 10g Tesco Half Fat Mature Cheese. Served with Salad and 35g Tesco Healthy Living Thai Coleslaw

Other (2cals):
- Bottle of Diet Coke

Total Calories:
500 / 500

Last edited:
I love Christmas too and the build up to it like late night Christmas shopping and the Christmas markets. We go to the one in Birmingham most years. have you still got lots to buy. Xx

Wow, you're doing so well on the 5:2! Congratulations on the loss! I'm trying to track my calories better and hopefully I can try and give 5:2 another go soon. I haven't even strated thinking about Christmas presents yet. Will probably just get everyone something from the Christmas markets in Prague again.

Back