Diary of a binge eater.

hi hun why don't u count ur syns weekly i start at 105 & take them off each day that way if u go a couple of syns over 1 or 2 days it doesn't matter i find it helps me phsycologically ;) xx

Thats a good idea!
I might try that this week - at least then if I go a little over I won't beat myself up about it.
May be easier to manage with the binges...

Still on plan, feeling good.

Green day

B- porridge & grapes
L- tuna pasta salad
T- quorn sosauge, sw chips and mushy peas

Hex a- milk
Hex b- tuna & porridge oats

Snacks- ww dessert yogurt

Syns- mayo- 3 syns
2 fairy cakes- 7
Hot choc- 2
Quorn sosauge- 2
Total- 14

Exercise- 45 min spin class

Hi Hun well done staying on plan x when u binge is it on anything in particular? Mine is usually cakes or choc/ sweets find I can't just have one I will buy 4 cakes & spend a fiver on sweets , stuff it all & make myself feel sick then will feel guilty & think sod it (that's how I put the 34lb back on) so now I'm trying not to eat anything that triggers my binges I bought some no added sugar choc & find I can eat a few squares without it setting me off & I haven't eaten any sweets trying to fill up on proper meals so I don't feel hungry & deprived. Hope u manage to keep on track tomorrow good luck xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

My binges tend to be buttered bread,cheese , crisps, choc, cakes and sweets. Even if I haven't got these in I would still binge on things I don't like for example at Christmas I went for mince pies. It's disgusting when I think about it but when I've got that urge I can't stop it.

I defo think bigger evening meal has curb the urge this week.

Yeah I agree with the trigger food thing. It's very rare that I can treat myself to something sweet (that uses my syn allowance) and then just stay there, always seems to trigger me at the amount into buying big bars of cadburys and whole packets of fox's crunch creams. Disaster! Wednesday I was 100%, yesterday was a disaster again and really hoping to stick with it today!

Waking up feeling full from yesterday's binge is the worst feeling, yuck!

I defo think bigger evening meal has curb the urge this week.

I started having breakfast again and it's amazing the difference it makes. I'm not half as hungry when I get home in the evenings which does curb the urge a lot. Having said that, this week has not been so great for me, but today I am starting over.

Twenty ways to stop binge eating:

How do I Stop Binge Eating? – Top 20 Ways to Stop Binge Eating | RECOVER....

Personally, I am going to try the timer thing and the never-letting-myself-get-too-hungry thing. Have also seriously been looking into getting therapy.

I'm not sure which school of thought I agree with though and ergo, whether therapy would help. What do you think causes your binging?

1. Binging is a way of achieving fulfillment because there is something wrong/lacking in your emotional life.
2. You eat for pleasure (eating releases hormones in the brain that induce a feeling of pleasure). This results in food intake that can override the body’s homeostatic systems for controlling eating and lead to overconsumption of calories.
3. binging eating is the result of allowing the urges that spring from one's "animal" brain to override the wisdom of one's "highest human" brain. By surrendering all the power to the animal brain, the binge eater ends up feeling as if she/he has no choice but to give in to the urge to binge, no matter how irrational or self-destructive it is to do so.

Very keen to know what you all think!

How do I Stop Binge Eating? – Top 20 Ways to Stop Binge Eating | RECOVER....

Personally, I am going to try the timer thing and the never-letting-myself-get-too-hungry thing. Have also seriously been looking into getting therapy.

I'm not sure which school of thought I agree with though and ergo, whether therapy would help. What do you think causes your binging?

1. Binging is a way of achieving fulfillment because there is something wrong/lacking in your emotional life.
2. You eat for pleasure (eating releases hormones in the brain that induce a feeling of pleasure). This results in food intake that can override the body’s homeostatic systems for controlling eating and lead to overconsumption of calories.
3. binging eating is the result of allowing the urges that spring from one's "animal" brain to override the wisdom of one's "highest human" brain. By surrendering all the power to the animal brain, the binge eater ends up feeling as if she/he has no choice but to give in to the urge to binge, no matter how irrational or self-destructive it is to do so.

How do I Stop Binge Eating? - Top 20 Ways to Stop Binge Eating | RECOVER....

I think I eat for pleasure - its makes me feel momentarily better until the guilt kicks in...

Therapy - hmmm I'm skeptical, I had hypnosis before and made no difference, but then everyone is different...

Glad breakfast is helping, every small step is a huge achievement. Xx

Then again I'm a bit like number 3 aswell as I feel that I have to give in and eat...

I'm also a mixture between 2 and 3 I think. Although there are emotions that will cause me to eat (boredom and relief mostly), I don't think I've suffered some trauma that I'm trying to cope with by eating. That's also why I'm skeptical about how much therapy will help.

Am still doing a lot of research before making any final decisions. Will everyone know what else I find.

Yeah I definitely do the whole 'I may as well give into the urge because I have no choice' thing. I have no experience of therapy or anything but would be interested to hear of anyone's experiences with it

I think everyones reasons for bingeing are so complex its a little hard to pidgeon-hole everyone into neat categories.

I'm currently on delay tactics - everytime I want to binge I'm trying to do something else - outside of the house and away from food if I can.

Also made the massive decision to be honest with OH - we've been together almost 6years and I've always glossed over my issues with food but after I bought the cake and crisps the other day I felt I needed some at home support as well so told him all about my battles, both previously and now - the starving myself, making myself sick, taking 'miracle pills', secret eating, bingeing - the lot.

Think he was mortified and didn't really know what to say but he knows now and is being much more sensitive to my daily battles.
It felt absolutely terrifying to explain everything but then the thought of carrying on as I am is equally as terrifying...

I think everyones reasons for bingeing are so complex its a little hard to pidgeon-hole everyone into neat categories.

I'm currently on delay tactics - everytime I want to binge I'm trying to do something else - outside of the house and away from food if I can.

Also made the massive decision to be honest with OH - we've been together almost 6years and I've always glossed over my issues with food but after I bought the cake and crisps the other day I felt I needed some at home support as well so told him all about my battles, both previously and now - the starving myself, making myself sick, taking 'miracle pills', secret eating, bingeing - the lot.

Think he was mortified and didn't really know what to say but he knows now and is being much more sensitive to my daily battles.
It felt absolutely terrifying to explain everything but then the thought of carrying on as I am is equally as terrifying...

starving myself, making myself sick, taking 'miracle pills', secret eating, bingeing - the lot.
God this could have been writing this my OH doesn't know the battles I've had with food etc he knew I had binges but didn't know the extent I think I enjoyed the secrecy I would go up the shop & buy us a bar of choc each then eat 2 or 3 bars on the way back plus extra packs of sweets & choc that I would hide upstairs in the bathroom if he said cor I could eat another one of them I would tell him he didn't need it lol what a cheek I've got ;-) I haven't binged for a good couple of weeks now & haven't been tempted yet I found evenings were bad for me if I went in kitchen around 10 would stuff my face so now I go to bed at 9 & don't go down to make any drinks then the temptations not there, I wonder if all us bingers go through the pills, making ourselves sick etc when i made myself sick I would eat lettuce first so I knew when that came out my stomach was empty euck.
Hopefully we will all sort our issues out I think it helps when others have had the same problems its good to know I'm not the only one :) hope u have a good day xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Its nice to know its not just me Val that has tried almost everything!

I found telling him a bit of a relief to be honest - no more lying/hiding things.

SW is the only diet I have done that is healthy, and although I have bad days, on the whole I think its the best thing for me to do.

Have a good day everyone xx

My OH also doesn't know the extent of the problem. Tried telling him once that eating often makes me feel 'high' (which it does - a bit floaty, like the edge has been taken off everything), which is why it was easy to eat more because it gave me such a good feeling.

I don't think he really understood.

And in a rather disastrous turn of events he started following a patisserie course this year. So every Wednesday evening he comes home laden with the donuts/cakes/biscuits he learned to make in class. The idea is that I take them all with me to work the next day for my colleagues, but by the next morning I have usually managed to scarf 3 or 4 of whatever he brought home.

Still looking for a good coping strategy for Wednesday nights. All thoughts welcome!

Have been thinking of asking him to leave them in the car so I can't see them. (The sight of food often triggers a binge for me)

My OH also doesn't know the extent of the problem. Tried telling him once that eating often makes me feel 'high' (which it does - a bit floaty, like the edge has been taken off everything), which is why it was easy to eat more because it gave me such a good feeling.

I don't think he really understood.

And in a rather disastrous turn of events he started following a patisserie course this year. So every Wednesday evening he comes home laden with the donuts/cakes/biscuits he learned to make in class. The idea is that I take them all with me to work the next day for my colleagues, but by the next morning I have usually managed to scarf 3 or 4 of whatever he brought home.

Still looking for a good coping strategy for Wednesday nights. All thoughts welcome!

Have been thinking of asking him to leave them in the car so I can't see them. (The sight of food often triggers a binge for me)

Oh that's hard!!

I feel for you - I'd probably eat the lot! Really hard to stick to it with the temptation there. Xx

B- porridge
L- cheese sand which, French fries
T- roasted veg, asdas veg chilli & roast potatoes.

Hex a- milk & cheese
Herb- wm bread & porridge.

Snacks- banana, 3 ww yogurts

Syns- McCain jacket potato (daughters leftovers)
2 fairy cakes- 7
French fries- 4.5
Hot choc- 2

Total- 14.5

No exercise gym closed due to snow :(

Another good day!!

We don't get snow v.often so you can be excused from the gym :) lol

Keep it up hun!

What day do you WI? Be nice when you see all your hard work reflected on the scalea x

Back