Diary of a bouncing back ww'er

bulldogdaisy said:
Glad you had a nice relaxing day,aw at helping out in the kitchen ;0)
Both meals looks really nice,what's the rice recipes please,it looks delish!

It's red & green peppers, onions, garlic, soy sauce, a little tabasco, pineapple , rice & peas. I use supermarket frozen rice 7pp a bag. 2 bags between me, Hubby & wee fella is plenty. The pineapple added sweetness to it.

Jaly said:
Looks amazing, glad you managed to get into the kitchen but promise me you'll take it easy! You're supposed to be resting! xx

Can imagine how boring it must be though :( *hugs*

I promise!! I was sitting down don't worry, no stooping or straining. Thank you for the hugs, they are appreciated xx

Hazykay said:
It's red & green peppers, onions, garlic, soy sauce, a little tabasco, pineapple , rice & peas. I use supermarket frozen rice 7pp a bag. 2 bags between me, Hubby & wee fella is plenty. The pineapple added sweetness to it.

Sounds delish!! :0)

Went to see the nurse today & she's removed my stitches, so a step in the right direction :)
Will rest tomorrow as I plan on having a day out on Saturday. I've got major cabin fever!!

Breakfast 7pp
Cornflakes 5p
Milk 2pp

Lunch 10pp

image-649558650.jpg

Homemade soup 0pp
2 ww'er petit pain 6pp
Lurpak lightest 2pp
Smoked tuna pate 2pp (I made it minutes before the picture & didn't give it time to set, that's why it looks runny. Tasted brilliant though!)

Dinner 10pp

image-1199187170.jpg

Sweet & sour chicken 5pp
Chips/oil made in actifry 5pp

Dessert 3pp

image-2429122757.jpg

Coconut & raspberry pudding (photo shows 4 portions - just out of oven)

image-1154154737.jpg

Delicious!!!

Total 31pp. Dailies 29 & 2 weeklies. Weeklies balance 47pp

That's great news about the stitches being out,
Wow all food today looks delish! Love the look of the pudding!
Aw at going out Saturday,bet you can't wait :0)

bulldogdaisy said:
That's great news about the stitches being out,
Wow all food today looks delish! Love the look of the pudding!
Aw at going out Saturday,bet you can't wait :0)

Pudding was delicious, I would definetly have it again, so easy to make.
I'm really looking forward to Saturday, going out for dinner :-D :-D I'm easily pleased lol.

I'm easily pleased as well as I enjoy going out for dinner as well lol
Do you know where you are going yet?
Where did you get the pudding recipe from please?

bulldogdaisy said:
I'm easily pleased as well as I enjoy going out for dinner as well lol
Do you know where you are going yet?
Where did you get the pudding recipe from please?

Pudding was from our week, the booklet you get at class. Was going through them yesterday & it caught my eye. I changed it a little as the original recipe had jam added to the raspberries & caster sugar in the meringue. I omitted the jam & used sweetener in the meringue instead.
It serves 4 & works out at 3pp per portion. You need 4 ww'er coconut slices - cut each slice into 8 pieces
2 trays of raspberries heated until juices start to run (2 mins) I added sweetener to take the tartness away
2 egg whites whipped then add sweetener.
Place raspberries into a 1 litre ovenproof dish. Cover with cake & top with meringue. Bake for 15 mins & serve immediately.

We'll probably go to the little Italian that I was at a couple of weekends ago. Seafood pasta & red wine. Jeez, I'm so predicitable!!

Last edited:
Hazykay said:
Pudding was from our week, the booklet you get at class. Was going through them yesterday & it caught my eye. I changed it a little as the original recipe had jam added to the raspberries & caster sugar in the meringue. I omitted the jam & used sweetener in the meringue instead.
It serves 4 & works out at 3pp per portion. You need 4 ww'er coconut slices - cut each slice into 8 pieces
2 trays of raspberries heated until juices start to run (2 mins) I added sweetener to take the tartness away
Place raspberries into a 1 litre ovenproof dish. Cover with cake & top with meringue. Bake for 15 mins & serve immediately.

We'll probably go to the little Italian that I was at a couple of weekends ago. Seafood pasta & red wine. Jeez, I'm so predicitable!!

Do you know what week booklet it was? Want to make that at the weekend as it looks delicious :)

Amazing. Thanks so much. I probably have the booklet but I have so many I was too lazy to look. That site is great - didn't know it existed!!

mrsgosling3 said:
Amazing. Thanks so much. I probably have the booklet but I have so many I was too lazy to look. That site is great - didn't know it existed!!

I get them every week. Sometimes I skip through them but mostly don't bother!! Yesterday I decided to have a clear out & came upon it. When I typed it into google, I stumbled across the website. A good little find! I will be making a few recipes from that site!

Hazykay said:

Thanks for this,am sure you will enjoy the pasta and red wine though :0)

Didn't manage to update my diary yesterday, long story but I was readmitted to hospital & got out today. Arrived at 14.30 & wasn't seen by surgical team until 21.30, I had no food or drink. Hubby went to Tesco to grab me something that's why lunch & dinner was packaged food, nothing homemade.

Breakfast 10pp
2 slices brown bread 3pp
2 L/F sausages 4pp
Lurpak lightest 1pp
1 tablespoon ketchup 0pp
Milk 2pp

Mid morning 3pp
Jacobs honeycomb biscuit

Lunch 16pp
Tesco lighter choices chicken & bacon sandwich 9p
Walkers cheese & onion 4pp
2 cubes yorkie chocolate 3pp

Dinner 13pp
Tuna light lunch 6pp
Nestle munchies 7pp
Fruit salad 0pp

Total 42pp 29 dailies & 13 weeklies. Weeklies balance now 34

Had breakfast in Hospital then was allowed home. Got a 6-7 inch lump where surgery was performed. Unknown if it's another endemetrioloma or haematoma. Surgeon not wanting to operate so soon after my op. I've to see surgeon on Thursday *sighs*. Nothing was going to stop me from going out for my dinner today, pain or no pain!!

Breakfast 8pp
Roll 4pp
Butter 1pp
Marmalade 1p
Milk 2pp

Lunch 7pp
1 slice of fruit cake
Fruit salad 0pp

Dinner 20pp
Seafood pasta in a tomato based sauce. (worth the wait & every point)
1/2 a bottle of wine (shared a bottle with Hubby) 9pp

Total so far 44pp, 29 dailies & 15 weeklies. Weeklies balance now 19pp

We're having crackers & cheese later & I really don't care if I'm not supposed to drink if 'm on tablets, I've had a bit of a rough time lately & thought stuff it, life's too short!!!!!
Edited: now had 6 hovis crackers 4pp 3 different types of cheese 3pp each (9pp) caramelised chutney 1pp = 14pp. Weeklies balance now 5pp

Last edited:
Glad your op went well hun, I've got to have an op in 2 weeks, did you have a laparoscopic op? I'm having a Fallopian tube removed, a cyst & some scar tissue ready for my Ivf, I've had one fallopian tube out a few years ago, but it was an emergency op & this is a planned op so I've had more time to dwell on it & im so I'm scared :( x

Lushlash said:
Glad your op went well hun, I've got to have an op in 2 weeks, did you have a laparoscopic op? I'm having a Fallopian tube removed, a cyst & some scar tissue ready for my Ivf, I've had one fallopian tube out a few years ago, but it was an emergency op & this is a planned op so I've had more time to dwell on it & im so I'm scared :( x

I had open surgery last Wednesday. I had a hernia op 2 years ago & that was something else, but this time round, it wasn't bad. Down side about planned op is you know when it's going to happen & I was getting myself worked up, but there was no need.
Last week the surgeon cut from the end of my c section up towards my hip bone so it wasn't as painful as last one. Last op they cut me from belly button right down to c section & I've got a huge scar so I was expecting the same this time. It was a lot easier this time & I got myself into a tizz for nothing. Honestly hun, you will be fine. Groggy when you come out of surgery but that's to be expected. The body is a wonderful machine & recovers quickly. What kept me going was knowing I would be pain free after the op & it will be worth it in the long run.
Good luck hun, keep me posted & let me know how you're feeling nearer the time & how the op goes xx

Back