Diary of a bouncing back ww'er

Hazykay said:
Yep a confidence boost when I wasn't exactly looking my best!! I was still under anaesthetic, hair was everywhere, I was stooped over like a 90 year old & felt like crap but hey, the other half (who doesn't notice anything) said he saw a difference. Yee ha, the hard work is paying off :-D

Brilliant stuff(not the feeling rough bit of course)lol

I had an appointment with the Nurse at my Doc's surgery this morning to get wound checked & new dressing applied. Apparently it's healing nicely! I also got a line for 3 weeks & stronger painkillers so that's me sorted. I've to see the nurse on Monday again to get a fresh dressing on.
Each day I will get stronger, and Hubby's cooking has surprised me!! The chicken he roasted yesterday did us yesterday & today and I'm still alive so that's saying something lol.

Breakfast 6pp
Weetabix 3pp
Milk 3pp

Lunch 6pp
New potatoes made into potato salad mixed with spring onion, mayo & smoked tuna (was awesome)

Dinner 14pp
Potatoes 6pp
Roast chicken & gravy 8pp
Veg
Fruit salad

Snacks 3pp
6 x biscotti

Total 29pp dailies. Weeklies balance - 39pp
We're having chinese tomorrow night to use my weeklies & it's my sons 8th birthday on Sunday. I plan to use my remaining weeklies on birthday cake. Been looking forward to a cup of tea & birthday cake all week!!!

Last edited:
Glad to hear that it's healing well :) I hope the cooking was a surprise in a good way, lol! Being alive, always a good sign! ;) xx

Food sounds fabulous ^^ Enjoy the chinese, and happy birthday to your son! Cuppa and a slice of cake, what more could a woman want :) (excluding the chanel handbag, louboutins, annual pass to cadbury's world, David-Tennant-with-slightly-lighter-hair-and-about-15-years-younger...)

Jaly said:
Glad to hear that it's healing well :) I hope the cooking was a surprise in a good way, lol! Being alive, always a good sign! ;) xx

Food sounds fabulous ^^ Enjoy the chinese, and happy birthday to your son! Cuppa and a slice of cake, what more could a woman want :) (excluding the chanel handbag, louboutins, annual pass to cadbury's world, David-Tennant-with-slightly-lighter-hair-and-about-15-years-younger...)

Lol, yep, I was surprised in a good way :) After I bought the chicken, I thought maybe it wasn't such a good idea as we could be struck down with salmonella ......... I should have more faith lol.

Loving your comment re David Tennant, he's lovely & he was definitely the best Doctor!

Hubby is taking the wee man to Pizza Hut with a couple of his pals on Sunday for a birthday meal. I'm not fit to go but as they both love pizza, it's a good opportunity for them to go & if I'm not there, I can't be tempted. Method in the madness!! xx

here to follow x

LouiseMc said:
here to follow x

Hi louise, I hope you get some ideas from my menu's (and inspiration!) x

So glad that you are healing up nicely,well done for sticking to plan aswell :0) have a fab weekend and am sure your son will enjoy pizza hut with his Dad and friends :0) soooo..sounds like hubby can cook sometimes when you are healed up aswell lol ;0)

Another day in bed & I'm starting to get cabin fever!! Had a few visitors today so at least it broke the monotony.

Breakfast 6pp
Cornflakes 4pp
Milk 2pp

Lunch 11pp
John West tuna light lunch with lime & black pepper 7pp
Fruit salad 0
Ww'er yogurt 1pp
2 finger kitkat caramel 3pp

Mid afternoon 3pp
Walkers baked crisps 3pp

Dinner 30pp
Chinese take away - chicken in mandarin sauce & fried rice 30pp

Total points 50pp (29 dailies & 21 weeklies). Weeklies balance - 18pp

bulldogdaisy said:
Shame it's starting to get to you now,nice you had visitors though.Yum to the Chinese,happy birthday for your son tomorrow :0)

Decided to get up & lounge about on the sofa today. At least I can see out the window there!! All I see at the moment is treetops & cloudy skies lol.
Chinese was amazing, I love love love that dish & worth every point!!
Thank you for birthday wishes, I'm sure he'll have a great day out :)

Jaly said:
Ooh, I love having visitors when I'm poorly (would rather just not be poorly though :p) - looks like a lovely day, hope you enjoyed the chinese, happy birthday to your son! xx

Yep, they brightened up my day :)
Chinese was amazing, was really looking forward to it all week. Now got birthday cake to look forward to later on today :-D
Thank you for the birthday wishes, he's hyper & excited. Looking forward to his day out x

bulldogdaisy said:
Thats good you are on the sofa instead :0) good choice with the Chinese dish :0)
Enjoy the birthday cake later :0)

Yay!! I seen outside today lol. (ok it was through a window, but still). Had more visitors today so all was good :)

Jaly said:
Enjoy the cake! I much prefer being able to curl up on the sofa than in my bed also (though, that's mainly because I'm really nosy, haha!)

Cake was yummy. So good in fact I had 2 pieces, all still within my points though so no need to feel guilty :) x

Hazykay said:
Yay!! I seen outside today lol. (ok it was through a window, but still). Had more visitors today so all was good :)

Aww something is better than nothing ;0)
Glad you've had a good day,hope your son enjoyed his day :0)

Had a better day today. Sat on the sofa & just watched what was going on. Not very exciting watching the neighbours gardening & washing their cars, but compared to looking at rooftops, treetops & cloudy skies for the last 4 days, it was an improvement!!

Had more visitors babysitting me which was fun. Hubby took my son & his friends out for pizza so my mum sent me round a plated meal. Sunday roast with all the trimmings!! I'd be lost without my mum, she's a star!!

Breakfast 6pp
Weetabix 3pp
Milk 3pp

Lunch 9pp
Ww'ers bagel 4pp
Lurpak 1pp
Ham 3pp
Ww'er yogurt 1pp
Fruit salad

Mid afternoon
Birthday cake (largish piece) 10pp

Dinner 11pp
Roast beef 5pp
Potatoes roast & baby boiled 5pp
Gravy 1 pp
Veg (green beans, sprouts, carrots & turnip)

Supper 4pp
More cake lol. (small piece) 4pp

Still got 7pp to use, will have a snack before bedtime. I'll update this once I know what I'm having

Totals (so far) 40pp - 29 dailies & 11 weeklies. Weeklies balance - 7

Update - another visitor tonight who gave me a tub of celebrations!! So my last 7 pp's were used on them. 6 = 7pp's :-D
I love this diet!!!!

Last edited:
Back