Diary of a bouncing back ww'er

Jaly said:
I would compliment your lunch but my pure hatred of both salad and tuna prevents me from saying it looks delicious ;p An extremely healthy looking and well-balanced day regardless though :) Glad your visitors cheered you up! Yay for flowers! :p

I couldn't decide what to have for breakfast as we only have really sugary cereals in at the moment, no eggs, and I've ran out of Quark but you've inspired me, porridge it is! (unless I don't have time in which case I'll just resort to toast!)

How is the recovery going? xx Has the swelling gone down at all yet?

Hahaha, tuna was never a favourite of mine but thought I would give it a go. I love smoked tuna but i's a bit pricey at £1.99 a can! It's lw fat & ealthy & I had soe creme fraiche to use up o thought I woud throw something together. It was ok.
Porridge s SOOO filling, keeps me going for hours.
Recovery is doing well thank you, moving about a lot more & helping in the kitchen too, it won't be long before it's all mine again lol.
I hope you'll settle into your new pacement, once you make friends with other fellow newbies, you might enjoy it a bit more xx

xxweemzxx said:
Just popping in to subscribe :) xxx

Hi weemz, welcome & I hope you get some ideas, inspiration & support xx

Had a visit from my neices 2 year old girl this afternoon, & boy did she make me smile!! Really brightened up my day. It took my mind off tomorrow, as it is a trip to hospital to see the surgeon. Hopefully he will shed a little light about my lump.

Breakfast 6pp
Special K 4pp
Milk 2pp
Banana

Lunch 8pp

image-272043038.jpg

Game terrine 3pp
Macvita crackers 3pp
Tomato relish 1pp
Ww'er yogurt 1pp
Pineapple

Mid afternoon snack 4pp
Walkers sweet chilli stars 3pp
1 cocktail sausage 1pp

Dinner 8pp
Bangers 4pp & mash 4pp, onion gravy, carrot & turnip from the garden

Snack 3pp
Breakaway biscuit

29 dailies, weeklies balance 49pp

bulldogdaisy said:
Hope everything goes well for you today at the hospital :0)
Yum to bangers and mash! Aw that nice bout the little one making you smile :0)

Appointment went well, surgeon reckons it's fluid & will take a few weeks to disappear. He also said it looks like I've got endemetriosis.

Hopefully things will rectify itself through time

Hazykay said:
Appointment went well, surgeon reckons it's fluid & will take a few weeks to disappear. He also said it looks like I've got endemetriosis.

Hopefully things will rectify itself through time

Glad all went well and the fluid should disappear itself.Sorry to hear about the endemetriosis though'

Had a good day today. We had guests over for dinner so I decided to break into my weeklies & indulge a little bit :)

Breakfast 8pp
Porridge (large portion) 6pp
Milk 2pp

Lunch 9pp
2 slices thick bread 6pp
Lurpak 1pp
Ham 2p
Salad
Homemade soup (carrot & roasted garlic) 0pp

Mid afternoon snack
Small milky bar 2pp

Dinner 10pp
Sweet & sour chicken (a Gino D'Campo recipe) 5pp
Rice 5pp

Treat
Wine 4pp

Total 33pp. 29 dailies & 4 weeklies. Weeklies balance now 45pp

So chuffed that I resisted dessert as I bought a lemon tart which worked out at 11pp a slice!! My dinner was 10, just puts it into perpective :-D I wish I had taken a photo it

My sons school had an Assembly today & it was primary 4's turn to put on a show with the theme of friendship. My Dad drove me up to the school where me, my mum & dad watched as he & the rest of his class perfomed. They were awesome. I even had a little tear in my eye. After he did his part, he sat down & pointed to his eye, thumped his heart & pointed to me, which means I love you!! My heart was bursting with pride :) it started at 9.15 this morning so it certainly set me up for the day

Breakfast 7pp
Bran flakes 5pp
Milk 2pp

Lunch 11pp
Thick slice bread x 2 6pp
Lurpak 1pp
Ham 1pp
Salad
Free soup

Mid afternoon 2pp
Ww'ers chocolate eclair (been ages since I've had one)

Dinner 14pp
Teriyaki salmon 8 for salmon, 1pp for marinade
Udon noodles 5pp (would definitely have again)
Wine 9pp

Total 43pp 29 dailies & 14 weeklies. Weeklies balance now 31pp.

I may have something later, if I do, I'll update totals tonight

Edit: cup of highlights hot choc 1pp. New totals - 44pp used, 29 dailies & 15 weeklies. Weeklies balance now 30pp

Last edited:
Jaly said:
Awww! Bless him! That's so sweet! I bet you were so proud! Glad that you've had such a fab day, food looks great too! :) xx

He's such a character. It's amazing the amount of mums who approach me & tell them that Ross is a right wee comedian & he makes their child laugh!! They think he's so funny. Watch out John Bishop!! xx

wilberforce said:
Food look great think i will have do something with salmon soon havent had that for ages and your little man sounds like a star.

Thank you. I love salmon but don't have it very often as it's very high in points. I normally keep my weeklies for the weekend for going out for a meal, but decided to make a lovely restaurant style dish at home instead. I marinaded the salmon all afternoon to let the flavour develop. Was well worth the points :)

bulldogdaisy said:
Awww that's lovely about your son,what a great start to the day :0) that's adorable!
Hope you have a great weekend Hun :0)

Thank you, have a good weekend too x

Got taken out for dinner today to Nando's. It was great, love Nando's & love getting out :)

Breakfast 7pp
Porridge 6pp
Milk 1pp

Lunch 10pp

image-3730497437.jpg

Prawn cocktail on a roll 7pp (roll 4pp, prawns 1pp, lurpak 1pp, sauce 1pp

Dinner 22pp
1/2 Chicken 13pp
Rice 5pp
Ratatouille 4pp

Snack 6pp
Mars bar caramel

Total 45pp. 29 dailies & 16 weeklies. Weeklies balance 14pp which I will blow tomorrow :-D

Back