Diary of a wannabe skinnicow!

skinnicow

Well, I actually don't want to be skinni at all but heathy is my aim and feeling comfortable in my own skin. It would be great to look in the mirror and be okay with the person looking back at me..... P.s I'm no really a cow either lol!

Anyhoo, today is first day of total solution, I've never done exante before. So far do good. Had a shake for brekkie and a bar for lunch and I'll have some soup later. Feeling good and up for this challenge I have in front of me. I'm current 12st 7lbs and have around 2.5st to lose.

Finding minimins has been amazing and all you guys gave me the inspiration to start this and I'm sure that if I'm ever low on motivation I'll find it here!

This diary will be here to allow me to rant, rave and generally get me though this!!

To any one reading, good luck on your journey too... We can do this!!

Day 1 - 12st 7lbs

Hello! I'm currently on day four and feeling fine, four days down already. Wish you the best of luck x

Day 2

Well after some toilet issues first thing this morning, the day turned out fine!

Had a strawb shake for breakfast around 08.30 then stupidly forgot to take a bar put with me so had nothing except a HUGE cup of coffee till 16.30. My stomach was growling and I was a bit jittery from all that caffine on an empty stomach!

Had the tomato soup for dinner with some chilli flakes and really enjoyed it.

Glass of coke zero while watch a film tonight as a treat. I'm surprised at how good I feel, normally I'd be climbing the walls and all sorts of bad food would be shouting at me from the kitchen!

I really want to stick at this 100% at least of the first few weeks. I'll probably move to working solution for a week after that and them back onto TS.

Hope everyone else is doing good x

Hi Skinnicow glad to hear its all going good. I've just got through day six and still going strong and determined, I too would normally cheat by now but I think the fact I don't have to go to the fridge or cupboard and see anything else to temp me is helping. I'm feeling a lot better physically so its all well worth it and like you I want to feel comfortable again, keep it up x

Good luck :) Glad all's well so far, keep at it :) x

Day 3

Thanks so much for the replies ! Well I'm 3 days in and pretty damn amazed that I'm still doing this!!

So woke up this morning with a crazy growling stomach but after I was up and about it had gone.... Maybe I was dreaming about food!

I tried the vanilla shake hot this morning with coffee and a sweetener OMG! Is was amazing! I am a big of a coffee addict so this felt like such a treat!

My soup and bar for rest of the day were fine too, I have no major dislikes so that's a big bonus.

Went to visit mum today and she just doesn't get the plan. Every time she suggested a meet up it revolved around food!! 'afternoon tea' 'just a salad' ... 'fruit, what about fruit?... Surely you can have fruit?!' lol. I must have tried to explain at least 5 times.

I'd be more than happy to do a low carb lunch some time but for the first few weeks I want to be 100% so that I really get into the swing of things.

Bit of a head ache today but not too bad. Roll on weigh in day!! I hope all my effort will not go unrewarded.

X

Ooh the vanilla shake with coffee is nommy :) I love it cold too :)
Glad you like it all so far, it makes it so much easier then as you have more variety :)
Know exactly what you mean with others who don't really know what you're following though, I get it all the time, the "come out for lunch, have a salad, thats healthy" thing :D haha :) I'm the same with not wanting to go off plan, I'm on day 8 and have finished uni now so could have gone home 2 weeks ago, but wanted to get back on plan and sticking with it for a week or 2 before I went back home with the temptations of food :)
Sounds like its going well for you so far, I'm sure you'll see results on the scales if you keep at it :) The first week is the hardest! If you can get through that, after that its not too bad :) x

Hey Steelee

I'll take your advise and try it cold too, if we get anymore nice weather it would be perfect to have sitting out in the garden in the morning!

Good for you delaying the trip back home (and congrats on finishing uni!) sometime you just have to take sometime out just for you and to get your head straight. It really makes all the difference.

I'm sure they will all be very proud of you when you get home x

I done my vanilla one with coffee and crushed ice, was like a iced latte :) soooo tasty!!

Hiya and welcome. Looking forward to seeing how thrilled you will be with your first week weigh in! Hope your head's clear today :hug99: xx

Hey gigglepants

Thanks for your reply.

Woke up feeling pretty blah this morning but I kind of expected that for day 4. I felt much better after my shake though. I've had a bit of a headache on and off too but the water helps that and it's not too unbearable. Took my dog a good walk too so the fresh air blew the cobwebs off!

Hope your having a good day too x

Thank you, I'm having an unintentional lazy day! Been in here most of the day catching up with diaries :D
I think the headache's a sign that you'll be getting in ketosis. So you should find this diet easier once it clears :hug99: xx

Hi skinnicow, hope the head clears soon but as giggle says its just a sign of the ketosis starting, bet you are really looking forward to your first WI! good luck and keep up the good work x:D

Thanks both!

Yes I'm hoping the K fairy visit is imminent!!

Ill be sure to update my loss on Thursday, I'm trying to to think of a number as I don't want to be disappointed, I doubt I will be though as anything less than I am now is a bonus!

X

Hey Steelee

I'll take your advise and try it cold too, if we get anymore nice weather it would be perfect to have sitting out in the garden in the morning!

Good for you delaying the trip back home (and congrats on finishing uni!) sometime you just have to take sometime out just for you and to get your head straight. It really makes all the difference.

I'm sure they will all be very proud of you when you get home x

Ahh Thanks :) Feels weird now for the first time in 3 years not having any uni work to do.... started reading a book the other day, that had nothing at all to do with my course.... for the first time in about a year! Haha :)

Ohh another thing I tried today which was yummy, is choc shake hot, with peppermint tea and afew sweeteners :D Hot chocolate - Exante Stlye :D Will definately be making it more often as not keen on cold choc shakes :)

Hope your head isn't too bad! Drink lots of water, it helps :) You should be in ketosis by now, yay! :) Its taken me nearly a week to get into it, today is the first day I've not felt hungry and I'm on day 9 lol :)

Keep going! You're doing fab so far :) x

Hi steeleee!

Yup, the hot mint choc is defo on my list to try!

I can imagine how strange it but feel since you have been in your uni routine for so long. It will take some getting used to.

I think Ketosis has struck!! In the past few hours, my head has totally cleared, I don't feel hungry and have a funny metal type tongue taste going on! I hope so anyway.

Hope you are having a good day!

X

Ahh yes, the *cough* lovely *cough* ketosis metalmouth...... lol..... its horrible, but means you are in ketosis, so yay! :D x

steeleee said:
Ahh yes, the *cough* lovely *cough* ketosis metalmouth...... lol..... its horrible, but means you are in ketosis, so yay! :D x

Oh yes, that's the one!! Think I'll have a wee glass of zero to celebrate!!

Back