Diary of Ally Bally - the final chapter - it's now!

Alycyn1980

Addicted to Minimins!!!
OK Ally Bally

This is the final time that I am going to restart this diary. 3rd time lucky I hope. Started last Feb and lost 1st 6.5lbs but have since put most that back on after losing motivation about 4mths ago - then there was xmas & new year!!!

This will be my food diary, my moan diary, my exercise diary - my every kind of diary where I hope that others will read. Some of you may have seen my ramblings before but I am hoping I have some new subscribers that can become Weight Loss Buddies and help each other along the weigh!!!!!

Here we go again

06 Jan 2013

Syns for Day - 9.5
Syns for week - 9.5

B - Porridge (HEx B); SS Milk (HEx A); Black Coffee
L - Baked Potato; Beans; Small Salad; Black Coffee
S - Carrot Batons (driving home from Glasgow instead of sweets which would be the norm)
D - Beef Savoury Rice; Asda Peppered Ready to Eat Beef Slices; Cherry & Cinnamon Tea
S - Snack a Jacks (4.5); Cookies n Cream Kit Kat (5); Night time tea.

Good night Minimins buddies x

See i read that and all i saw was cookies and cream kit kat ;)

You'll do fabulously, you know how SW works having done it before and we're all here with you!

Good day all

Feeling OK today and not too hungry which I had been worried about what with being back at work but so far so good but I do have carrot batons and satsumas if I get hungry before lunch!!

Syns for for Day 9.5
Syns for Week 19

B - Porridge (HEx B); SS Milk; Pukka Ginger Tea; 2 x Large mug hot water/juice
S - Fresh Pineapple; 2 x Large Mug Hot Water/Juice
L - Tomato/Herb Mugshot; Beetroot (cinnamon & nutmeg fromAsda); large Mug Hot water/juice
S - Carrot Batons
D - SW Mag Chicken Kofta in Curry Sauce & Boiled Rice; steam veg; 2 x pints juice.
S - Snack a Jacks (4.5); Cookies n Cream Kit Kat (5); Night Time Tea

This is it for the mo. I am at work so update a little later on :)

OH made dinner for me as he waiting to find out when going offshore. I have found out today the dates that I am going to be going to Houston & its the 17th Feb so I have just over a month to get some of this weight off, dont want to have to go buy loads new stuff when I have plenty in the wardrobes!!! Plus I want to be able to wear some nice clothes.

Started the C-2-5K last week and had downloaded the app and thought that it was everyday I had to do it but it is Week 1 Days 1-3; Week 2 Days 1-3 up until Week 8. So I have just completed Week 2 Day 2 but I am going to alternate it with Jillian Michaels 30Day Shred which i have started a few times but if alternate it I wont get bored!!!! I will stick this on my signature so you can see just how far I have made it!!!!

Hope you have all had a good day :)

Last edited:
Hi all

I am so tired today - really struggling to keep my eyes open and at the moment I am just filing last years papers so not much to keep mind occupied!! Driving to work was a struggle and everytime I got stopped in the traffic I could feel my eyes going!! I try to turn the heat down in the car but I have Reynaud's Disease and the cold affects my hands too much and makes them painful so need the car hot which does not help.

I was planning my 30DS tonight but currently I have a shooting pain coming down the bottom of my left thigh, not all the time but on occasion when I am walking which is not a good thing!!! I might just go a wee walk on the treadmill, stick a prog on BBC Iplayer!!

Managing to get my water intake this week so far but my problem is that I have to walk through a workshop, through stores and a flight of stairs to climb to get to a toilet so I have to be careful that I do not leave it till the last minute!!! It is also annoying at night as until my body gets used to this extra water intake then I am up at least twice a night for the loo which is not good as I am up at 530am every morning :-(

Syns are going to be a little high tonight as we are using left over food from xmas but I have some saved from the previous days.

Syns for Day 20.5
Syns for Week 39.5 (assuming I stick to the following!!!)

B - Porridge (HEx B); SS Milk (HEx A); Apple; Ginger Tea; Mug Hot Water/Juice
S - Fresh Pineapple; 2 x Lge Mug Hot Water/Juice
L - Tomato Mug Shot; Beetroot; After Dinner Tea
S -
D - 2 x Pitta (15); Pulled Pork (slow cooked with spices); Tomato Salsa (1); guacamole (4.5)
S - Night time tea, muller yogurt

Can you get a sore head from drinking too much water? I have got a really sore head today which is going to be a nightmare driving home in the dark with all the lights coming towards me. Food may change depending on how I am feeling when it comes to eating it!!!

Jeez, all I seem to have done is moan today - didn't mean too!!!

Have been typing this up through the day and transferred to Minimins before packing up to go home.

Hope everyone has had a good day :)

Last edited:
Hey there,

I couldn't find your post about all the naughty things you ate so thought i'd subscribe to your diary instead. :D Sounds like you're doing really well so far. What job is it you do? Do you work in Glasgow but live in Aberdeen? Are you going to Houston on business or pleasure? Man, I'm a nosey bugger aren't I? :rotflmao: Sorry about that.

The cookies and cream kitkat sounds yummy. Is it a full size kit kat? If so, I want one now!!! :drool:

Hope you're having a good day. Catch you later :)

Hello!!

Just subscribed to your thread as I need lots of inspiration from others for food ideas for my SW diary and I like everything you have eaten so far!!

Keep it up

x

Hey there,

I couldn't find your post about all the naughty things you ate so thought i'd subscribe to your diary instead. :D Sounds like you're doing really well so far. What job is it you do? Do you work in Glasgow but live in Aberdeen? Are you going to Houston on business or pleasure? Man, I'm a nosey bugger aren't I? :rotflmao: Sorry about that.

The cookies and cream kitkat sounds yummy. Is it a full size kit kat? If so, I want one now!!! :drool:

Hope you're having a good day. Catch you later :)

Hello!!

Just subscribed to your thread as I need lots of inspiration from others for food ideas for my SW diary and I like everything you have eaten so far!!

Keep it up

x

Hi guys and welcome. This site is fantastic for inspiration. My name and shame is on http://www.minimins.com/slimming-wo...shaming-myself-cannot-believe-what-i-ate.html

I lived in Wishaw and moved to Aberdeen 7.5yrs ago to be with the OH. Seems like a lifetime ago!! I still go home at least once a month or every other month if people up visiting me!! Houston is for business but hoping time to have a nosey but I am travelling alone so not sure how that will work out and it will be a challenge what with american sized supersized portions!!! Another good reason for me getting a few lbs off before heading.

I dont always put recipes into my diary but if there is something you like the sound of I will be more than happy to let you know how it was made and I am going to try and put pics up of stuff that is new and different!!

Will be on here later - ta ta :)

Well today has been a good day so far and I am feeling a lot better than I did yesterday so I think I should be able to get on with the C-2-5K. Mite start the shred tomorrow, see how I am feeling!!!

Food so far

Syns for day 8.5
Syns for week 48

B - 3 x Scrambled Egg; 2 x Dairylea Trianlge (HEx A); Pukka Ginger Tea; Mug Hot Water/Juice
S - Fresh Pineapple; Lrg Mug Hot Water/Juice
L - 2 x Satsuma; cous cous made up with stock cube; tomato; cucumber red onion; rainbow pepper; salt; some lemon juice and smoked tobacco; Muller Vanilla; Pukka After Dinner Tea
D - Baked Potato; Tuna; Salad Cream (4); Lettuce; Cucumber; Tomato; Red onion; pint juice
S - SW Rice Pudding; Tsp No Sugar Jam; Coffee; Special K Chewy Bar (HEx B); Snack a Jacks (4.5); Night time tea

This is not final as still to have dinner so I may make changes and I still need to add my evening snacks.

I will need to update my signature with my C25K progress as this is something I actually see myself finishing!!!

Speak later xx

Well folks thats me logged up for tonight. Looks like its a lot to eat but its all part of meals & I realyy dont think I am overeating.

Night folks xx

Last edited:
Well done for writing all that stuff down. That was really brave of you. It really is shocking how easy it is to fall back into old habits. I actually thought i'd cope fine with christmas and would manage to stick to the plan...pah, who was I kidding!!!

You're doing really well with the exercise too. I have a really bad back so exercise is out for me just now but i'm hoping once I get a few more stones off it wont be so sore and i'll be able to get active.

Yay bones is back on :) So is my NCIS & CSI is starting again.

Just watching this then heading to bed. Completed Week 2 Day 3 of C-2-5K but it never helps wake me up, I fell asleep on couch for hour afterwards - thought it was meant to give you endorphins or something!!!

Deary me - never mind, Thursday tomorrow :) xx

Was a good quick day till OH called 2 say his dad had bn taken back in2 hospital. Had 2 go pick him up & head back out 2 hospital. Picked up subway & think synned correct. OH got me footlong, only ate half tho. Will mark it in & check internet l8r.

Syns for day 44
Syns for wk 92

B - 3 x scrambled eggs; 2 x dairylea triangles (HEx A); ginger tea; lge mug hot water/juice
S - Fresh Pineapple; Lge mug hot water/juice
L - Roast Chicken Mug Shot; beetroot; chicken tikka pieces; after dinner tea
D - chicken ranch subway with lettuce; tomato; red onion; gherkins; jalepenos & bbq sauce (44)

Away visitin now, will update l8r x

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S2 using MiniMins

Was a good quick day till OH called 2 say his dad had bn taken back in2 hospital. Had 2 go pick him up & head back out 2 hospital. Picked up subway & think synned correct. OH got me footlong, only ate half tho. Will mark it in & check internet l8r.

Syns for day 44
Syns for wk 92

B - 3 x scrambled eggs; 2 x dairylea triangles (HEx A); ginger tea; lge mug hot water/juice
D - chicken ranch subway with lettuce; tomato; red onion; gherkins; jalepenos & bbq sauce (44); coffee

Syns for day 67.5
Syns for wk 115.5

D - chicken ranch subway with lettuce; tomato; red onion; gherkins; jalepenos & bbq sauce (53)
S - special k bar (HEx B); snack a jacks (4.5); 2 x choc bics (10)

Went a bit mad after visiting. Updated now so i no not cheatin myself which i have done in passed. Only thing is - visitin nite again & chinese nite at his mums :-( Just had to edit again as got the syns wrong in the sub!

Last edited:
Can you have something healthy before you go and then make a healthy choice at the Chinese? Like maybe order a chow mein or something? Hope your hubbys dad is okay (((())))

Can you have something healthy before you go and then make a healthy choice at the Chinese? Like maybe order a chow mein or something? Hope your hubbys dad is okay (((())))

I have taken a pack of Savoury rice with me but I usually have Beef & Mushroom with boiled rice which is only 5 syns so I will prob just have that.

He had collapsed at work about 6wks ago and was in hospital for a few days but they could find nothing wrong with him and sent him home, he was fine till lunchtime then happened again - still they cannot find anything wrong so more indepth tests I think. It has been a horrible end to last year and beginning of this year for us. His dad collapsed, then his brother collapsed on the same night with an infection, his gran got taken into hosp in the same weekend with this norovirus. She then went into hosp on the 17th to get her hip replaced only to take a bad turn and did not get out till hogmanay. Our friends dad died that night, her mum took a heart attack and not FIL back in hosp, oh and my neice went in as well. I was hoping it could only get better! Ah well, life goes on so we need to make the most of it xx

Well I have been attempting on my tea time to read up on minimins but there are so many guys coming in & out the office & I do not want them peering over my shoulder at what I am reading. I am lucky if I have managed 5mins so I am doing my usual and writing on a Word Doc in order to update my diary later on.

After last night and going over on syns with my miscalculation I am being good apart from the Chinese that I am having later but that is already tallied at 5syns so 120 is not too bad for being over.

Got a sore throat today and no voice – been swigging out of a covonia bottle for dry cough!!!! Not good having no voice but luckily I have a job where this does not matter too much and I can scrape by!!!

Syns for Day 5
Syns for week 120.5

B – Porridge (HEx B); SS Milk (HEx A); Ginger Tea; Lge mug hot water/juice
S – Apple; 2 x satsumas; 2 x lge mug hot water/juice
L – Roast Chicken Mug Shot; Beetroot; Chicken Tikka Pieces; After Dinner Tea
D – Beef & Mushroom (5); Boiled Rice; Coffee
S – Night time tea; muller ?

That looks to be my menu today though doesn’t look like much for some reason but plenty!!!

Lunchtime so going to update this then go get my mug shot – the Roast Chicken ones are lovely & FREE!!!

WI this morning - Actually was pretty disappointed at 1lb loss but in hindsight its ok as OH dad taken in2 hosp & past couple days few things passed lips that shouldnt have plus got cold & bn downin cough mixture like juice!! So 1lb of - yay :)

This is my 'bad' day but try b gd thru day so can enjoy wee treat 2nite. I wont b recording 2days food. My breakfast was a grill up - bacon medallions, cherry toms; egg; black pudding & garlic & herb beans - was tasty :)

ForumRunner_20130112_122713.png

Hey, we'll done on your 1lb loss. You should definitely be pleased with it. Those 1lbs will add up quickly ya know! ;)

Your brekkie looks lovely. I do love a bit of black pudding but always thought it'd be loaded with syns.

Hope you had a nice day and enjoyed your treat. :)

Back