ProPoints Diary of Dreamings

Aw thanks :) Yeah it's not been too awful to be honest :p

I ended up investing some weekly points in some porridge, which turned out to be a wise choice as it did fill me up! (although next time I'll use at least some milk, it was horrible with just water)

Went into Asda today to have a look at clothes, I need to build up work wardrobe some more for when I start in September. Last time I did that it was for my interview in March, so I was pretty much at my heaviest. I ended up buying a size 24 blouse then, it was massive around my middle but fit my chest area best. Yet today I got a size 18 to close properly around me! The cheapo white blouse still needed a 20 but the nice raspberry one I got is an 18 :D That style of blouse is so flattering too!

I'm inbetween skirt sizes for the suits though- I got the jacket in an 18, but the 18 skirt is too clingy to my belly, and the 20 is just that bit too big, give it a couple of weeks on the diet and it'll be falling down. So I'm not sure what to do!

Not holding out too much hope for WI in the morning :/ Just don't feel like I've lost this week, y'know? I'm within my points and whatnot but hmm, shall have to see!

Can't wait to move in a couple of weeks and get back to independence with food, just hope I can still handle it! The first 9 weeks I did were while I was at uni, the last 9 have been at my parents'. It's been pretty alright but I've only been having bread since being here as that's all there is, and I can't just pop to the shop to get what I want (we live in the middle of nowhere). So I'm not sure how I'll take my new re-found independence, also the stress of teacher training! Although the rigidity of daytimes should stop the munchies. Just worried about working in the evenings with limited snacks...

Well done on dropping those dress sizes, that must have felt great!

Re the evening snacking you mentioned that's going to happen in the future, what's the issue? Why will your snacking options be limited? Just wondering if any of us on here can help with some ideas.

Well I've always done all my uni work in the evenings/all nighters, with "snacks" to keep me going, but when I say snacks I mean copious amounts of food! But this was only the odd essay, 3x a semester or something. So when it comes to having to do a decent amount of work every evening (which I'm told is the case for teacher training) I'm not sure what I'm gonna do! Food has also always been a bit of a bribe for me with uni work too, but I think sleep will be a good enough motivator! But I do need low (less than 4?) pp snacks that come in pretty large/decent quantities, obviously other than fruit. Any ideas?

Hmm, just weighed myself and STS (I think), but I can't remember what clothes I weighed myself in last week. So I'm thinking of switching to no clothes for simplicity (as I'll definitely always be weighing at home from now on, never Boots, in which case I need to either take around 1lb off all my weights, or register a false loss this week and carry on from next week. Hmm.

Last edited:
Hi Dreamings.. Just been reading thru ur diary.. Well done on your determination and progress while going it 'alone'.. Can't have been easy.. You're doing brilliantly..
Unfortunatly I'm not really a snacky person so wont hav much tips.. But am here if you have any questions or a little push when yer feeling down :)

I have the same problem with finding low point snacks! Grapes & cherries & tyrells popcorn or medcalfes skinny topcorn (both 3pp a bag) - they are my nibbles for now... am always on the hunt for alternatives!
Good luck with the move hun, do you have to move far?

CGx

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using MiniMins

This diet costs an absolute FORTUNE! Whoever said healthy eating comes cheap was lying :p I need soooo much fruit and it's so pricey! Wonder what the damage of pretzel sticks is? Can't be *too* bad surely?

It's pretty far yeah, 260 miles I think :/ I'm used to moving around though having been at uni + done a year in Germany. I just REALLY hope that the decision to change my diet and start career as a teacher can be combined and one won't suffer at the hands of the other...

Ooooooh i knowww! I dread to think how much i've spent on cherries this month!! Cheepy apples & bananas just don't float my boat! ;)

Aw i hope the move goes well & you enjoy your new job path - i'm a major stress eater so can't really give any advice! However if it's a positive environment you go into it may actually help your eating routine so fingers crossed! :)

CGx

Hi Dreamings

Your diary is lovely, good luck with all you have on your plate at the mo!!

Great loss and very inspirational :)
Here to follow
x

Thanks guys :)

Hmm, mixed day today, found some tops i loved but are now too big for me in smaller sizes in the sale at Peacocks, so that was pretty good. I now own a size 14 top that fits me! It's baggy as I have it in a 16 now but it doesn't look tight or anything.

Bad news is definitely food, had an estimating day:

Breakfast:
Toasted teacake from cafe (definitely spread not butter on it but quite a lot), was quite big so am thinking 10?

Lunch:
BK chilli chicken wrap (7?)
BK med fries (10? Although I gave my sister a good handful would rather overpoint)
Random WW tomato biscuit thing: 1

Dinner:
Tesco light choices chicken curry (10- could be slightly less but dont keep boxes so I do 10 each)
Skinless small jerk chicken drumstick (3?)
Finger roll + spread (6?)

Pud:
2x meringue (3)
Ww yog (1)

So thats an estimate of all dailies (36) and 15 weeklies :/ I was going to use less weeklies this week as used them all last week so need to keep to no more than another 15...

Glad I've admitted the food though.

Glad you feel better for writing on here what you ate :)
Think that's a big step for a lot of us - just being honest about our food :) thinking of starting one myself

CGx

Well its not a real 14! Still working on being a proper size 16 yet but still its all in the right direction I guess... x

Need to add 2pp to total still, never snack late (usually asleep!) but had ww crackers + spread about half an hour ago. Hmpf. Still, the crackers are awesome.

Quick update from me on my phone, will probably write a longer post on the computer at some point!

Went to drayton manor today, overate a bit of course. But I think (hope) the excess was possibly countered by the walking from the train station, and in the park. Hmm.

Saw my nan this evening for the first time since christmas, and she said she noticed how much weight I'd lost! Very happy as she hadn't seen me for a while before I turned up to see her at my heaviest, and I can tell she was REALLY biting her tongue not to say anything!!

Miraculously I've lost 2lb... even factoring in the 1lb difference between weighing in pyjamas and nothing that's still a loss! How that happened I'll never know but I'm not complaining!

Back