DIARY

Thanks Nicola

Not a good night last night.......after Yoga (didnt do gym) had a bit of a munch.....not going to record it; but it was all carbs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So, we are going to go to the gym later tonight and tomorrow - PHEW!!!

Thinking of doing 1 x shake for brekkie week after next. Just not enjoying brekkie one bit..I hate it, and I stress every morning about it, so reckon this might be so much easier. Will then have a big main meal around 3pm in time for the all the exercise, then a snack when I get home.
Do you think that sounds ok?

I have tried avoiding going back on the shakes, but it is more for the ease and enjoyment...I dont want them to be a crutch!!!!

Oh, decisions, decisions - eh!

Hope you have lots planned and will be out in the stables and with the kids/OH and horses :)

Take care and catch up next week.

x

Glad you are doing well Adam..but wouldnt think anything less of you..you are so full of determination!!!!!!

I am loving the whole health spa thing; why I didnt do it before, but you live and learn...

I did an aerobics class last night..oh Adam, I have never twirled so much in my life..I didnt know what a "shimmy" was, and well I just couldnt keep up at all....not the type of aerobic classes I have been to before! I will really need to get my rythm sorted if I want to get anywhere with this class......hahaaha

Hope you are still loved up with Chelly!!! NOt seen her around for a bit.

Take care Adam and always nice to hear from you.

Thanks very much, though not had a great week this week but its all good cos iv got time to get down for my birthday end of the month lol

The class sounds good and if your having fun then it really helps, im really into running at the moment dont know why lol but seems to relax me haha.

Nah not with chelcie no more, didnt work out but thanks anyways.

And yeah i keep trying to pop on when i can just seem so busy with work at the moment lol

Take care.

Hi Adam

Sorry to hear it didnt work out with you and Chelly.

I am SURE you will be able to get to where you want to for your birthday, no problem at all for the PRO!!!!

I miss running but with having a bad knee I am not allowed to, but when I see people running on the machines at the gym I get so jelous,,and here's me having to walk...oh, I get very frustrated, but I need to be sensible as well as it was running that gave me the dodgy newcap in the first place!

Have a great week and look forward to hearing from you again.

Take care

Tuesday 13 October

Not recorded what I had weekend....wasnt brilliant, but cant really remember everything I had.

BREKKIE- porage made with water/milk
LUNCH - chicken salad
and yogurt

All good, until tonight and had one of those take away Indan meals for two! I was going to have something else, but OH fancied this and they only had a meal for two, and not for one. There is no way he would have eaten it all, as he isnt a big eater at all...so I had it too!

So, it will be all go tomorrow and i am at aerobics at 6-7pm, then in the gym from probably 7pm till around 7:45pm, so hopefully I wont have made much damage at all.

Had a physio appt tonight and she is really pleased with my progress. Said she could see a big difference in my posture and my breathing but boy, I am sure tonight...she really did pull me around! She is going to work on my core next week. The pain in my arm actually felt better from Fri (after yoga) until Monday..so that is good; hopefully it will go completely one day!!

So, I am still maintaining, but not weighing..I am kinda weighing at home and I am ok and seem to move a 1lb every other day, on then off!! So, I am not worrying too much at all.

Not quite the diary I expected when I said I was off to read your diary Iris. ;)

Shame about Adam & Chelcie but ... c'est la vie an' all that ;) xx

Ha Ha - by the time my post showed your diary 'proper' was here! I don't think your Indian will do any damage, especially when you consider your exercise etc. I think you're doing great, I really do.

I'm thinking of having official weigh-ins every 2 weeks instead of 1. I'd like to make it once a month but I don't think I could do that.

I'm glad you're having some good effect from your physio, yoga etc, you deserve to! xx

hahhaha - oh I havent posted at all since youve been away Jan! Am I being naughty.....

I am rubbish at remembering...well, I could if I tried, but I can be really lazy sometimes.

Oh, phew!!! I thought I wasnt posting properly...hhahahaa.

I am not losing weight Jan, but I am not gaining, so will never get to my 10st goal at this rate.

I toyed with the idea of going to the pharmacy and getting some more shakes so that I could have them for breakfast cause of this mind game with carbs, then I change my mind again and think I need to do this on my own.

I think every 2 weeks is a good start at least Jan. I remember years ago, when I lost a lot of weight (in my teenage years) and I did it through the doctors surgery and actually got weighed every month and I enjoyed that....but I know what you mean.

I was getting obsessive and jumping on every day a while back and then I realise this isnt the actions of a thin person and that is my goal to be as normal as possible...oh, why is life so hard.

Oh I'm afraid unofficially I jump on them every day - sometimes twice :( But officially weighing in every 2 weeks might take the (self imposed) pressure to do that off.

As for what 'normal' 'thin' people do ... I'm not convinced there is such an animal tbh xxx

**big sigh** xx

Wednesday 14 October

Well, I really could have quite easily have skipped breakfast this morning, but I know it isnt wise....so, I had it, but I didnt enjoy it!!!

BREKKIE - 1 x small slice wholemeal bread and a quorn sausage

LUNCH - ham salad with some lite feta cheese/olives. Pepsi Max

SNACK
Will have this around 4ish as I am going straight to aerobics for 6pm and I need to eat or I wont manage.

2 x chicken legs, a few olives, a few cubes of feta cheese.

DINNER - I will most probably have a bowl of home made chicken soup and that will be it as I dont get home till around 9pm!

Will do aerobics from 6-7pm, then probably 45 mins in gym doing the cross trainer (got to 22 mins the other night, so would like to get to 30 mins if possible)...you lose lots of cals on this machine!! Will then go to sauna/steam room and jacuzzi!

EDITTED!!
Well, I went to the aerobics,,,boy, was it hard....I have NEVER experienced anything like it (apart from last week)...the moves! SHIMMIES, oh, cant remember half of what he calls the moves and I just keep twirling around...my OH said he looked in and he laughed...he said I was laughing cause I wasnt keeping in step with everyone else and just twirling around!!! hahaah...ah, well, I tried...the first half was ok but then it got really complicated....I was sweating though so I think I got a great work out tonight...MY KNEES ARE KILLING NOW!

I then, now wait for it,,,,did another hour in the gym right after...was able to do 25mins on the cross trainer and then did some weights, etc.....and used the core ball.

Then, we had a jucuzzi/steam/sauna....lovely!!

Came home, made OH his dinner, AND, I had nothing...I am very proud of myself. I actually wasnt hungry, although, now 11pm, feel a wee bit hungry, but wouldnt even consider eating now..will just wait till morning!

I MAY go to the pharmacy tomorrow and see exactly how I am doing...need to go at some point, so think tomorrow is as good a day as any..if I have put on, then best to know and then I can address!

Last edited:
IRIS!!!!!!!!! You have deserted me on here an all! Where the bloomin heck did you swan off to?

Glad you and jan are both back on here now - was getting very lonely! :( lol

Oh Tan

I have been terrible on here..I popped on over the weekend, but do you get sometimes where you cant be bothered posting, but happy to read!!!!!!

I think I need a good "telling off"!!!! You are doing incredibly well Missy!!!! I am amazed...you will be falling down a drainpipe soon ;-).....

I am doing well and feel happy with ME, although, would love to say I am 9st 13..haahahah....but, eh,,,all good things come to those who wait ;-)!

I will come on more whilst Jan is away ;-) PROMISE :D

so glad you enjoying the gym as a friend said to me once "there has to be something in between work and sleep",

its fantastic having lost the weight having the energy to go to the gym and do all you do,

Hi Nicola

You are so right!!!!! My OH has an auto immune disease and since starting this new regime he has not felt tired in any way! We just wished we had done this months, if not years ago!

The past few years has been work, and the allotments (which usually take up all my time). It comes to the point of not being enjoyable, so we are so loving this new activity in our lives!

But, I wouldnt have had the guts to do it being 4 stone overweight!! So, yes, the world kinda opens up when you are thinner!! Why did we put up with it for so long????

Hope you are well :-0

Oh Tan

I have been terrible on here..I popped on over the weekend, but do you get sometimes where you cant be bothered posting, but happy to read!!!!!!

I think I need a good "telling off"!!!! You are doing incredibly well Missy!!!! I am amazed...you will be falling down a drainpipe soon ;-).....

I am doing well and feel happy with ME, although, would love to say I am 9st 13..haahahah....but, eh,,,all good things come to those who wait ;-)!

I will come on more whilst Jan is away ;-) PROMISE :D

Yup, im not much of a poster at the minute on the tfr forum but read it all the time :giggle:

Im holding you to that promise missy - it will be lonely here else :( xxx

:) Good Tanya, I need someone to be accountable to :)!!

Thursday 15 October

BREKKIE - 2 x turkey rashers and 1 x egg scrambled (no carbs...yippee)

LUNCH - tuna salad, with a small amount of Light Mayo.

We are off to the Turkish shop tonight after my hair appt so I reckon I will have a lamb kebab, or something with lots of meat and salad.....they are grilled where we go and not full of oil! Not sure about the bread yet whether i will be tempted...will let you know.

Well, I went and braved it today at the pharmacy. My usual girl wasnt around and honestly, I could have walked out as I could see them kinda huffing and puffing cause I was there and Michelle wasnt! I tell you, if I didnt want to know what I weighed officially I would have walked out in disgust. Happy taking my money for months on end!!!!! Anyhow, my moans over with.

I put on 1lb! Now, I am happy with that!!! I know, strange woman. But, considering I had quite a bad weekend of adjustment and had an Indian meal with bread, onion bhajis the other night, I think I did well! Plus TOTM due, so do feel rather bloated. At least I didnt run away and hide from the fact that I needed to get weighed so that is actually a shift in my attitude.

I know I can shift this with the exercise I am doing now, plus I have ordered some sample maintenance products...really for brekkie more than anything as you know I am struggling with breakfasts these days as I am trying to cut out carbs a bit! So, will see whether I like them, but my gut reaction is to maybe have my choc shake for a while and have 2 meals a day...but this is all up for re-negotiation, etc over the next few weeks..if I find i am losing more now with the exercise I will have to look at introducing carbs.

PHEW, THIS IS A POST AND A HALF :-0

So, all in all, I am still very happy and the fact I have been eating for a good few weeks and not pilled masses on, is even more exciting!!

Why are you trying to cut down on your carbs Iris?
I remember Jan and Mary both telling me not to be scared of them - our body needs them so dont cut them completly chick :) They are for some reason a 'scary' food group but i guess we have to have them at some point right?

1lb .... :banana dancer: brilliant considering you had a bad weekend! And i cant believe the rudeness of your chemist but well done you for not walking out and braving the scales :D :D :D :D :D :D

Hi Tanya

Carbs!!! OH, I know I shouldnt knock out a food group, but since I started LT I have a fear of them. I know it is all in my head but really, I look at all the labels, etc...forget fat, etc...it is carbs I look at which, incidentally is almost everything!!!!!!! It is driving me absolutely insane.

I know I have a problem with carbs. As soon as I have a very small bowl of cereal I feel as though I have had a 3 course meal and I feel horrible....not just since LT, I have felt this for years.

But, it has got to the stage where I am petrified even to eat fruit, and tomatoes!!!!!!

I need to sort this out, so need all the "slapping of wrists" as much as possible. I just fear putting the weight back on and this is my way of control again, but it is an un-natural way...oh, I know it. I need to get to grips!

I re-read my post and no wonder you posted what you did! I DONT WANT TO GO BACK ON THE SHAKES,,,normal or maintenance; but the stress i go through every night thinking what am i going to have for breakfast and then getting up and thinking I need to eat..I hate egg, bacon, etc in the morning..it is so alien. I used to love meusli/yoghurt and fruit!! But, no I am petrified to have it.

Oh dear...another "one of those posts".

Yes, I was livid with the pharmacy....I may phone Michelle as she has given me her home no and say I wont come back again..my scales at home said 67.2 and the pharmacy said 67.5, so they are not far off what the pharmacies are, and to be honest my scales are far superior than theirs and less people stepping on them!!So, I bet my scales are more accurate.

Anyway, I will keep you posted....but, thanks for the wrist slapping; it has really made me start to think I am going down a route similar to my eating disorder, just in a different direction! Time to do a bit of soul searching :)

I'm all to happy to oblige with a wrist slapping when you need one iris! :giggle:

Im no expert or anything but if you feel so horrible after cereal and have done for years maybe you have some sort of intollerance to it?

Dont worry about yer long posts - im always around to have a read and give :hug99: when needed hehehehe xxx

Back