Diet coke chicken

I tried this last week with quorn, I cooked it for slightly too long and the quorn absorbed all of the coke so didn't quite have the sticky sauce coating the quorn that I wanted. It was fairly enjoyable though with noodles and beansprouts.

Had this for the first time tonight and it was lovely.
Added some peppers, thai 5 spice and lots of pepper, i also added some bovril to make it more meaty!
Served with some egg noodles and it was so nice!!
Just had to share!!!

I may have to try this... I keep hearing it mentioned and it sounds so bizarre... worth a try I reckon!

yea i posted this :) :) and i used to do it when i did ww and my friends ate it for tea one night and when asked for the recipe as they likes it so much they turned their noses up! tut tut

I cant wait to try this. Sounds great

I have to say the thought of this just sounds sooo wrong!!! but i thought id give it a go....... OH MY GOD it was so lush i did add 2 tablespoons of tommy k to mine as well. Had a great big bowl full and all for only 2 syns. :D

Well i had this for tea this evening and i thought it was bloody lovley!!

Yes i know it sounds weird but i just remembered i used to do it on ww and its LURVELY..... you have to try it to realise how yum it is!

Ingrediants - Chicken, Diet coke and chinese mixed spice

Chop up the chicken and brown the bits in a frying pan with frylight. Add a can of diet coke and a heaped teaspoon of chinese mixed spice and keep stirring and flippin over so that the "sauce" goes really sticky looking. The diet coke will sort of evaporte and leave this sticky thing.
Just make sure you try and get the stickyness onto the chicken as much as poss and serve with sw chips and salad... may have to do this next week!!!
xxx

Hey FNM hope you don't mind but I've stolen your recipe and listed it on another forum I' on. If there're any probs let me know and I can move it.

Sue

I'm sure someone has asked this somewhere else in this thread already, but in my half-asleep state I just can't find it, so forgive me for asking again.

Does this bugger up a non-stick frying pan? I just can't quite get around the idea of pouring fizzy stuff into my lovely (expensive) non-stick pan!!! I think I might have to brown the chicken in that and then put it separately into an ordinary saucepan to simmer.

Thanks in advance :)

Hey FNM hope you don't mind but I've stolen your recipe and listed it on another forum I' on. If there're any probs let me know and I can move it.

Sue

course I dont care I didnt make up the recipe its from a very old weight watchers meeting i used to go to someone on there got it from an american weight watchers site. Feel free to spread the lurve!

Thanks I made it last night but had managed to lose the 5 spice powder that I had just bought so added some ginger, soy sauce and ketchup. It was scrummy. I was a bit worried because I didn't like the smell when it was cooking.:D

RIGHT!!! i am def goin to try this this week sometime!!!:D
dont mean to sound stupid here but how low do u keep the pan when doin this? dont want it to go wrong!!lol
thanks guys ;) xx

Back