Diet coke chicken

I haven't had this for a while, roll on wednesday! x

Mmm - I tried this for lunch today - It was gorgeous! :D Made it with Quorn Fillets, and had with stirfry veg - Wasn't so much sticky... more paste-like - was was VERY nice! Will def be having this again! :D

i had this with sw wedges and loads of salad (and a wee bit of sweet chilli sauce -syn'dn of course :D) it was scrummy!!

Just wonderin tho has anyone tried the chinese 5 spice stir in sauce instead of the spices?? i suppose it would hav syns tho right???x

I really have to give this a go! I am going to try it next week for sure!

I d something similar, but will definitely be trying this - thank OP :D

...but for those that like an experiment (and clearly a few of you do!) in my similar roast chicken ish dish, I use tesco's fiery diet ginger beer - wonderful, spicy and gingery - I think it would work well in this recipe too!

i made this earlier - just did one chicken breast as i was dubious about it - cut up into bitesize pieces, fry for about a min in frylight, then add coke zero/diet coke, about a small glass, and 1 tbsp of ketchup, plus a sprinkle of chinese five spices, fry it til the juices have started to thicken and dissolve, and then serve, i thought it was bloody gorgeous!

I actually did hear from a qualified nutritionist that aspartame..not all sweetners, but as aspartame in particular does become methanol on heating it. I tend to use splenda for most cooking things, I hope that's not gonna come up as bad too!!

Hi

I'm not sure where I went wrong - when I cooked this (4 chicken breasts chopped up and about 3/4 pint diet coke) it came out very watery and I did'nt get the sticky coke coating the chicken. It tasted just of boiled chicken!

What did I do wrong?

J

Hi

I'm not sure where I went wrong - when I cooked this (4 chicken breasts chopped up and about 3/4 pint diet coke) it came out very watery and I did'nt get the sticky coke coating the chicken. It tasted just of boiled chicken!

What did I do wrong?

J

Did you have the heat up on the pan as high as it can be? the 1st go i had at this it came out watery, the next time i tried the pan was on high for ages and it did eventualy start to go thicker and start going sticky. hope that helps :)

hi cooked mine for about 20 mins -same time as microwaving my rice!
Was the best meal I've ever cooked was delicious even my hubby said so (and he never does - usual response to my attempts at cooking is where's the phone number for the chinese take away?). Followed with yummy dessert of mint choc options mixed with ff natural yoghurt. Only problem now is next class when consultant will ask so what have you ate this week that was good? Can see the faces now if i say chicken and diet coke lol

Back