Diet coke chicken

You need to have it on really high.

Yeah, it was on high. It took about another 3 or 4 minutes, then all the liquid seemed to disappear at once!
It was absolutely delicious, and my chips turned out the best I've had them before.

All in all, I could eat this every day.
In fact, I might.

I sliced a couple of small onions, bunged in the bottom of the slow cooker, 2 chicken breasts on top, half a small bottle of Coke Zero, tsp or so of chinese five spice and 2 tbsp ketchup. Popped it on high and left it for about 4-5 hrs. The last hour I took the lid off so it would thicken up.

I must try this - Yum. I love my slow cooker.

would it go well with a big veg stir fry - thinking Superfree food boost - wanting a loss this week!

yum

Hi

Just tried this and it was lovely. Hubby loved it too. mine didn't get really sticky though. there seemed to be too much coke? am i doing something wrong?

Helen

Yes i know it sounds weird but i just remembered i used to do it on ww and its LURVELY..... you have to try it to realise how yum it is!

Ingrediants - Chicken, Diet coke and chinese mixed spice

Chop up the chicken and brown the bits in a frying pan with frylight. Add a can of diet coke and a heaped teaspoon of chinese mixed spice and keep stirring and flippin over so that the "sauce" goes really sticky looking. The diet coke will sort of evaporte and leave this sticky thing.
Just make sure you try and get the stickyness onto the chicken as much as poss and serve with sw chips and salad... may have to do this next week!!!
xxx

Hi

Just tried this and it was lovely. Hubby loved it too. mine didn't get really sticky though. there seemed to be too much coke? am i doing something wrong?

Helen

You need a can of diet coke and cook on a hot heat for a good 15 mins or so. It suddenly will start to evaporate and go sticky. You possibly didn't cook it for long enough or didn't have it on a high enough heat. Try it again - its sooo worth it. ;)

Anyone just made up the sauce to have with rice/pasta/chips? I take it you would just cook diet coke with whatever you want to add spice wise in a pan and pour it over the top?

Finally made this the other day after being too scared to try something that sounded very odd :eek: , anyway I couldn't belive it - it was amazing I also made some as a marinate as well.

Thank you to the person who invented this recipe ;)

Not sure if it would work with quorn pieces Heyla as you have to keep turning the chicken to coat it, so maybe quorn would break up eventually

Made this last night - seriously scrummy and will be making it again for sure.....just been trying to convince my friend who is also on SW to try it!!

x

Back