Dinkie Dawnies Dubious Diary of Downsizing, Deflation, and Debauchery

Morning!
Well today certainly wasn't a good one for you - I hope you have a great day today.
I keep meaning to ask - what is velvet crunch?
Jx

Well done on the swimming, go tommorrow you'll be fine, think it's always hard getting there than doing it, it will set you up for the weekend, I'll get up and shred if you go swimming ? x

I did get up! Largely due to your challenge Lynica so thank you for that! :thankyou:

:wavey: morning Dawnie firstly well done on the swimming :D how fab is that and secondly and most importantly how on earth have you failed just look at you :D you look amazing , you eat healthy, you are exercising, if there is more to come off it will :) if there isn't then with all this swimming you will be a toned goddess :D xxxxxxxxxxxx

Haha! Thank you Jackie! That's good advice and very sensible...apart from the toned goddess bit lol!!! :8855:

Did you go?
You do know that if you haven't got to go to work afterwards, you don't actually have to do it at the crack of dawn (as opposed to the crack of Dawn, which is a completely different matter, and I'm not even going to go there...), don't you? If you're going without me anyway, you can do it at a much more civilised time.

I was the first one in the pool at 7.15 Sarah! I had it all to myself for 5 minutes..it was lovely! Just me and the lifeguard lol! There were only 4 of us in it today (all women) so I stayed in a bit longer and did an extra 10 lengths... so 34 today :D I got out when a couple of big blokes got in and spoilt it by flapping around and splashing :rolleyes:

Morning!
Well today certainly wasn't a good one for you - I hope you have a great day today.
I keep meaning to ask - what is velvet crunch?
Jx

Thanks Jane x

Velvet crunch are crisps. They're really nice and only 4 syns a packet, and you get quite a few in a packet. We get ours from Tesco. Try them, they're lovely!

Have you got webbed feet yet Dawnie after today's swim?

I tell you what, they reckon for all round fitness and exercise/weightloss there is nothing to touch swimming. I hope you get the fantastic rewards you deserve next week.

I wish I could find the time and a decent local baths to fit some in. I'll have to do it AFTER work, but a heated pool in Winter sounds great:cool:

You take your weightloss quite seriously don't you? :p

Well done for going swimming on your own :)

Have you got webbed feet yet Dawnie after today's swim?

I tell you what, they reckon for all round fitness and exercise/weightloss there is nothing to touch swimming. I hope you get the fantastic rewards you deserve next week.

I wish I could find the time and a decent local baths to fit some in. I'll have to do it AFTER work, but a heated pool in Winter sounds great:cool:

You take your weightloss quite seriously don't you? :p

Yo Stevie! x

Webbed feet would be nice as I'm the slowest person in the pool! :eek: But I'm enthusiastic if nothing else! :rolleyes:

And I suppose you could say I take my weightloss fairly seriously! ;)

Hi dawn well done on the sts x i was in awe of u yesterday managing 24 lengths now 34 wow wonder woman lol hope u have a lovely weekend xx

Aww thanks Val! x

Well done for going swimming on your own :)

Thanks Tilly,

I thought I was very brave!

Dawn

Have you got one of those rubber swimming caps with little flowers on?

Pomooky XXX

Erm...no!!! :eek:

Well done on the swim Dawn.
That's just what I want to do when my arm gets better... not referring to any pain but had a breakout of eczema and it looks awful so can't go in the pool like that. Would love to be able to do lengths but don't have the confidence so have to stick to doing widths. All good exercise anyway.
Think I will now go and Google and see if I can get the film sheets that the Hydrotherapy people put on my arm...
I divert..
Well done you at the STS as well.

Well done on the swim Dawn.
That's just what I want to do when my arm gets better... not referring to any pain but had a breakout of eczema and it looks awful so can't go in the pool like that. Would love to be able to do lengths but don't have the confidence so have to stick to doing widths. All good exercise anyway.
Think I will now go and Google and see if I can get the film sheets that the Hydrotherapy people put on my arm...
I divert..
Well done you at the STS as well.

Hi Emmaline x

What bad luck about the eczema :( It must be a real nuisance. And even more so when you're having a 'pain free' spell! :rolleyes: Hope it clears up soon for you xxx

Evening all x

This is one very happy Dawnie tonight lol!

I'm so pleased I went swimming this morning. It was Lynica saying she'd get up and shred if I would get up and go swimming (thanks hunni!) so I thought I'd give it a go. Don't know why I get so nervous about situations...:confused: but I do! I hate going places on my own, especially if I'm not that familiar with them. But I'm glad I made a real effort to go today :D

Anyway, I was in the pool just after 7.15am and was lucky enough to have it to myself for a few minutes, and even after that it was really quiet today. So I was thrilled to do an extra 10 lengths as I didn't have to rush off to work. And afterwards I asked about whether I needed an induction to use the gym next week or whether Sarah could show me how to use the equipment and she said it would be ok for Sarah to go through it. So...Sarah...would you mind please? x

I popped into a couple of charity shops on my way home and bought a couple of rather sexy little denim skirts for a pound each so I was well pleased with that!

And then I had the most gorgeous brunch of crunchy bran, ss milk, fresh mango, grapes and banana. I'll post a pic after this post.

This afternoon I started feeling a bit rough so I settled down to watch John Wayne on the TV and ended up having a power nap on the settee :rolleyes: And I woke up with a stinking cold! :mad:

Gona post my food and then get up to bed. Hopefully see you all tomorrow, if not later x

Red day

crunchy bran (B)
mango,banana,grapes
milk (1/2 A)

chicken stir fry
sweet chilli sauce (3)
jelly and yoghurt (1)
wine (6)

milky coffee (1/2 A)
hi fi bar (B)

Total syns - 10
Exercise - swimming 34 lengths :D

Food looks yum!

I hope that cold doesn't stick around for too long xx

shenzi said:
Food looks yum!

I hope that cold doesn't stick around for too long xx

Emmaline said:
Brunch looked really good.
Shame about the cold coming on especially after you doing all that exercise...real bummer!

Tracked down some film type plasters so looking promising....

Ugh! Not feeling so good today ladies. Still in bed, can't stop sneezing or blowing my nose, drowning my sorrows with a cup of tea and paracetamol :(

I NEVER get colds, and I really HATE being ill lol! Since I gave up smoking years ago, I rarely even get one cold a year, so I tend to feel VERY sorry for myself when I do :(

Anyway, Emmaline I hope those special plasters do the trick and you're soon back in the pool. I hope to be in there on Monday again if I'm well enough.

Ooh...just had a call from Strolling Steve...he's on a 5 mile walk so looks like the calf is pretty much back to normal :)

Right, gotta make the effort to get out of bed now :( Have a good day xxx

Don't make the effort to get out of bed stay exactly where you are! Stay warm and keep your fluids up, let Gwyn look after you ;) xx

Morning Dawn,

Sorry to read that you are feeling poorly :hug99:

Catching colds easily is the reason I don't swim on these chilly mornings, because despite the water being warm enough, the surrounding area is a bit chilly, likewise, whilst the showers are boiling, when the water stops, it is cold!

Back