Dinkie Dawnies Dubious Diary of Downsizing, Deflation, and Debauchery

Glad that you are having a fab holiday Dawn, and gorgeous piccies, and super well done to your daughter x

Glad the water went down and not up - else you'd have been paddling on the terrace!

Hey Dawnie, I hope you are OK.
I have also been AWOL and unfortunately up to my old, naughty ways! Anyway, am back with a shiny new diary to have a fresh start.
Take care, Jane xx

I think she's abandoned Minis!!! You might find her on Facebook thought.

Evening guys :wavey:

Well I'm hoping there are still a few of you here that still remember me! It's been quite a while since I was here.:rolleyes:

Quite a lot has been going on in the last 6 months. I suppose the biggest change has been at work as the private ambulance service NSL took over EMAS, which has been a big upheaval. We had no idea just how many new contracts we would be expected to provide a service to, and as a consequence we've had to take on over 25 new staff and hire in more vehicles. One totally amazing thing to come out of this is that my oldest son Andrew is now working for us! :clap: So I get to boss him around at work as well as at home lol! He absolutely loves the job! Three months ago he was stocking shelves in Tesco, and this week he took a baby and mum to Great Ormund St Hospital! As for me, I'm working longer hours but I don't really mind. I'm in the office by 07.30hrs and leave between 18.00 and 19.00hrs. I've had to learn a new computer system too which was a bit daunting as I'm not very technical at all! We also have a new radio system but it's been broken for the past 2 months so we're running on mobile phones!

Gwyn is keeping well, as are Daniel and Vicki. Dan has an interview for promotion in the pharmacy next week so we're keeping our fingers crossed for him.

Other stuff that's been going on...I have a new car! Well not NEW, but new to me! A long held dream if I'm honest...I bought a BMW Z4 convertible, and I love her! Totally impractical, too expensive to run, only two seats, but who cares lol! I want to enjoy my mid life crisis in style! :shifter:

I had a lovely house guest a couple of weeks ago. My gorgeous non-biological sister came to stay for a couple of days and we had just the best time! I don't think poor Gwyn got a word in for two days as we didn't stop chatting :blahblah:

Well that's a bit of a catch up. So why am I back? Simple really...I've gained 2 stones in the last few months. :break_diet: was doing very well maintaining, had a good routine going to the hospital gym etc. and then we moved to the new work premises. I was working all hours, often 12 a day, and couldn't fit the gym in. So I joined another one which was open 24/7, but before I could go I became quite ill. The doctor still doesn't know whether it was a virus or infection, but something attacked my eyes and face and it was awful. I had so many different types of antibiotics and an antiviral drug, but nothing worked for ages, and some days I didn't have the energy to even get out of bed. I think I got a bit depressed and for the first time in a couple of years I turned to food.:sigh: In fact all I wanted to eat was ice cream...so I did. :ashamed0005: Unsurprisingly the weight began to creep on and I ignored it, planning to tackle it when I felt better, but unfortunately I now find myself with around 2 stones to lose. My one small consolation is that this time it's only 2 stones and not 6 like before, so in some ways I'm proud of the fact I haven't left it longer than this. So I've recently gone back to group which is brilliant as my consultant is a nutter and I love her! She didn't make me rejoin and lose all my history...just took me back as if I'd never been away. I was mortified when I actually weighed in at 12st exactly, but pleased that I've lost half a stone of that. The problem is that I'm struggling to keep motivated and I can't understand why:confused: I don't know what's different this time that's making it so hard, other than the fact I've not been on Minis. I was toying with the idea of coming back but it's hard when you've been away for so long as you soon end up out of the loop and struggling to catch up with people again. But today I had a message from another good friend I met through Minis, and she's finding it hard too, and she asked me if I was coming back, so here I am! Again! :sign0007:

Anyway, please come talk to me! I'm a bit slow on here as I can't remember how to work the site but I'll get the hang of it! It's funny but I'm feeling far more positive now I've made this first post, in fact it's quite exciting lol!

I'm going to post todays food and then try to familiarise myself with this site :character00148:

Lots of luv

Dawn x :)

Red day (got up late due to a late night last night so had brunch:eek: )

2 x wm toast (B1)
scrambled egg & smoked salmon

Tuna fillet
bns chips
salad
salad cream (2)
fresh fruit salad + yoghurt (1)
G&T (4)

Milky coffee (A1)
hi fi bar (B2)

1 x A
2 x B
7 syns

Come on Dawn! Get your arse well and truly back into gear I will NOT have you no longer at target! Especially now as I'm fast catching up so get a move on lady and ill see you at target :D

Come on Dawn! Get your arse well and truly back into gear I will NOT have you no longer at target! Especially now as I'm fast catching up so get a move on lady and ill see you at target :D

Ooh I KNEW it was a good move to come back lol!!! It's just what I need! Thanks Emma xxx and might i say you look totally AMAZING girlie! I may not have been on minis but I've been following your progress on FB and I'm SO pleased for you xxx

Ooh I KNEW it was a good move to come back lol!!! It's just what I need! Thanks Emma xxx and might i say you look totally AMAZING girlie! I may not have been on minis but I've been following your progress on FB and I'm SO pleased for you xxx

It's always a good move to come back to minis that's what we are here for!!

And thank you! I still feel fat just waiting for my brain to catch up!!

Hello!!

So lovely to have you back. You were definitely missed. Glad everyone is doing well but yeah time to lose those 2 stones. I have about 2 stones to lose again and am currently about to start day 4 on plan so we can do this together.

You know it works, I know it works, we just have to obey the rules and that nasty weight will go.

Hope you have a nice Sunday x

Morning chica - great to see you back. And yes another kick up the bum from me.
YOU CAN DO THIS. 2 stone is nowt - as you say you've lost 6 stone before so losing this should be easy peasy!
Just take it slow and steady though - there's no real rush is there?
Avoid the stuff that makes you bloat (bread and pasta for me :cry:) and get back to all those yummy things that helped earlier in the year.

((( Big hugs ))) to you
PS how is Suki? You didn't mention her in your round up!

Loved your catch up post, and so glad to have you back x

You were one of the first regular posters when I started my diary, and you were so supportive and I used to love following your amazing journey, and genuinely missed you when you stopped posting.

But alas hunni, you are back!

And, you can do it!

Back