Total Solution Dirty Thirty Diary

So today I've had my hot lemon water, and then had a cherries and berries shake loaded with psyllium husk. Had a daal pot for lunch and drank cold brew decaf green tea with mango skinny syrup. For dinner I had half a toffee nut and raisin bar and half a chocolate orange bar. Also finished off the last of the lo col cheese! Placed my food order for Saturday's dinner, all lovely keto foods. Pan fried garlic mushrooms for starter and halloumi salad for main. I can't bloody wait!

I keep meaning to do the lemon water... my PT suggested I do it before I go to bed, to clear my tummy of any undigested food overnight, but I know a lot of people do it in the morning instead to kick start their digestion... really I should be doing both, but I just keep forgetting!

Your Saturday dinner sounds lovely x

I've seen people lose so much weight just from adding it to their morning routine! I'm not sure about kick-starting digestion though; the lemon suppresses my appetite so I often have my shake an hour or two later. Very much looking forward to Saturday!

This morning I had my lemon water and then when I got to the office around 12 I had a cookies and cream shake with psyllium husk. The cookies and cream really doesn't taste like cookies and cream. In fact it was a bit like cold horlicks. And the chocolate I find is quite like ovaltine. Undecided about lunch, I may just wait until I finish work and then have a meal followed by a bar or pudding! Water intake has been abysmal so far in that besides my lemon water and the shake I've had none. No excuses- I'm getting my cold brew tea out the fridge right now.

Weighed in at 68.8kg this morning. Took down the other bits too, will put them on here with my measurements, going to weigh my friends later and she usually does them for me. Had my hot lemon water this morning but it tasted funny. I think the lemon juice ice cubes have been contaminated with other flavours in my freezer :(
Just finished my breakfast shake, cherries and berries with 350ml water and loaaads of psyllium husk.

Pink, your graph is coming down nicely - well done! Out of interest, where do you get your psyllium husk from and does it affect weight-loss? I have wheat-bran but haven't used it yet. I could just do with something to help 'things' along but don't want to rely on over-the-counter stuff :eek:

Hey Mrs Fitz! I don't know if it helps weight loss, but it does give my bowls the bulk needed to move things along, as the shakes alone don't seem to do the trick! If you have an Indian or Pakistani grocery store anywhere near you, they usually stock it. Here's picture of the box:
31U9zplZskL.jpg

It's called isaphgol, pronounced is-af-gol and i buy a small box for 99p, medium box for around 1.50 and large one for between 2.50 to 2.99 - Holland and Barrett does capsules if you can't manage the texture but they're around £13.99 which is an absolute rip off x

So all I had at work today was the shake in the morning, and due to a very busy day didn't have time for anything else. I went to my friends and it is her son's 2nd birthday so we had a mini party. I took a meal replacement with me, but didn't have it because she especially prepared a 200cal keto meal for me, which was absolutely lush. It was chicken steamed with spinach, mushrooms and peppers and spiced up with paprika and curry powder. I'm going to attempt to make it myself in A couple of weeks, apparently it's what she lived off when she was on step 2 of CWP.
Politely declined the cake.
Got a chocolate orange bar in my bag to nibble before bed later.

Had my lemon water this morning and then a banana shake made up with extra water and psyllium husk. Lunch will probably be spag bol and dinner will definitely be a bar. Definitely determined to stay 100% today because of tomorrow's dinner.
I'm a little disappointed with my reflection at the minute. My arms definitely look slimmer and it's like I've lost fat everywhere except for this tyre around my belly. I'd have an hourglass if it wasn't for this extra bobble all the way round. Anyway I feel a lot less lethargic and way more energetic. Two weeks of TS to go (with two planned upcoming "cheat" days with healthy meal choices, and then I'm going to give the 30day shred a go to "shape" myself. Going to call the doctor to schedule another blood test. Anyone know how long it can take a fatty liver to "repair"?

This weeks measurements
Weight: 68.8kg (-1kg #happyface)
Arm: 28cm (no change)
Underbust: 84.5cm (up by 0.5?)
Waist: 84cm (up by 1.5?)
Tummy: 98cm (-2cm #happyface)
Hips: 100cm (no change)
Thigh: 57.5cm (up by 0.5?)

Looking back at my measurements I can see so far I've lost 2cm from my arms, nearly nothing from my underbust, between 3 and 4.5cm on my waist, 9cm from my tummy, 6cm from my hips and between 2.5 and 3cm from my hips.... I'm just reminding myself of this because I've not seen much change the last couple of weeks, just some strange ups and downs - namely my waist. So, instead of getting upset over this "plateau" I'm reminding myself I've losts a minimum of 22.5cm all over, since the beginning of August.

Last edited:
Oh dear! OH has just offered to take me to my favourite restaurant, which is thai, which he never ever ever does! I'm so tempted but then it will be yesterday, today and tomorrow that I have a real food! I've had a shake and a spag bol so far... had by bar ready for dinner but i'm sooo considering it. Except my favourite thing to order is red roast duck curry with coconut rice... so i wouldn't be able to order my fave thing anyway, right?

So last night I gave in and then thoroughly wished I hadn't. Went to the Thai place and in an effort to be healthy ordered a spicy roast duck salad. Visually it was lovely, but there were some seriously funky ingredients... The duck was coated in a thin light batter, most likely cornflour, and although there was a chilli lime dressing the salad leaves tasted distinctly of Tom yum. My food waste monster kicked in and wouldn't let me leave it, so I forced myself to have it and then felt really sick, and feared throwing up in the car.
Managed to keep it down and went home and had a hot lemon water to help flush it down.
This morning I had another hot lemon water and a banana shake made with extra water and a tablespoon of psyllium husk that had been through the spice grinder.
No bowel movements.
Had nothing again until the restaurant, where I managed to have 3 olives, 60% of my starter and 60% of my main, plus three skinny sweet potato fries. I was so full I wanted to fall asleep. Ate nothing else, just drove to mum's to have another hot lemon water, at which point things finally started moving again a little bit.
Serious death wind is back.
Tomorrow is Eid but three off plan days in A row means I won't allow myself to indulge in my family's celebrations. Got a cherries and berries shake ready for the AM with my psyllium husk here at my mum's, also got the juice of half a lemon in the fridge for the morning's hot Lemon water.

One positive thing... Last Christmas I found a lovely AX Paris dress in Tescos clearance for £15. A size 12, which I thought i could squeeze into at the time. Oh how wrong I was! The bloody thing wouldn't even zip up halfway and it got thrown into the back of my closet...

Today the dress fit like a glove, and I wore it to dinner and was even able to accessorize with a waist belt! I wish I had taken pictures! Now time to get back to 100% until next Saturday, my next planned real food meal.

It is so good that you get straight back on TS after days off. Is it easier than when you first start TS or do you have to go through feeling like it's the first few days again?

Back