• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

disappointed sole sourcer

EllieG

Silver Member
Sorry you're disappointed, but it might just take you a little longer to get into it. :rolleyes:
5 Ibs is still a very good loss compared to most diets which do 1-2 pounds a week.:)

Stick with it for the 4 week SS period and I'm sure you'll hit the target 1 stone per month.

Good luck :wavey:

hollycat

To infinity and beyond!
Deb,

I think 5lb is a fabulous loss for your first week. It is fatal to compare against others as everybody loses at different rates. Some who are posting bigger losses might have a lot to lose.
How much do you plan to lose?
Don't be detered, keep it up. As Ellie says you are on target to lose the predicted one stone a month :)

Hollycat,

Thanks for the encouragment. BMI 33 so a good few stone which is why I hoped for a bigger first week loss.........
I have been advised by my CDC to drink 6 litres of water a day. Is this too much?

You probably had less water to lose hun. I'm sure it'll even out over the month to the stone thats expected. I can understand why you're disappointed but keep on with it & you should see good results.

hollycat

To infinity and beyond!
Hi,

I think BMI 33, makes you a positive skinny minny (check my ticker:mad:), so I would be pleased with 5lb. On the water front, it is a minimum 2.5 litres, but nearer 4 is advised. I am sure a CDC will be along to give the offical guidelines.
You are doing great, keep it up :)

ava

Silver Member
Stick with it and see what next week brings, i've read of people on here who have had smaller first week losses than second week. Either way 5lb is still a good loss, and i'm sure like the others have said it will even out to a stone a month over the coming weeks.

I drink 5 litres a day, but i'm nearly 6 foot so figure i need more water. Not sure why she told you 6 litres, although someone who knows more about it will probably be able to answer that better :)

Hi Ava

I too am 6 foot so have purposely been drinking more water. I suppose Im just trying to find a reason wht I havent lost more the first week.
Are you having 4 shakes/soups a day???

Deb

ava

Silver Member
Yes i'm on 4 packs a day, i don't have the shakes cos i've gone off them all so what i usually have is a tetra in the morning, split in two, then topped up with hot water makes 2 cups of hot choc. I usually have one cup at 11, then veg soup for lunch, another cup of hot choc at 5 ish, veg soup for dinner then either a bar or another hot choc(full tetra in bigger cup this time) later on. Sounds boring but i'm happy enough with it :)

The tetras split in half with hot water sound like a good idea. Ive tried the soups and the two flavours Ive tasted were disgusting... I tried the Thai one and chicken and mushroom. I couldnt bear them. Is the veg one any better???

Deb

Hi Deb

Firstly, well done on getting through the first week. 5lbs is a great loss, especially as you don't have a horrendously high BMI (although personally I hate BMI as an indicator or anything!)...

I would definitely recommend you give it the month as initially things could still be loitering from your pre-diet eating etc etc.. also time of the month can impact (for me it makes a massive difference) and the water thing, I've never measured how much I drink I just keep drinking.. lol... gallons of the stuff!

Your CDC has given you good advice I think, and water will be your best friend.

Well done again on a great start (almost half a stone in a week!!). :D Worth every penny I'd say ;)

Hi No longer fatfair and forty ish

Thanks for the encouragement. I did have a bit of a pig out pre ss to say the least. I am definately going to give it a month and see how it goes.

Isnt this site great for encouraging each other, I feel much better now . . . .

Your loss is bloody fabulous, you must be so proud of yourself!!!!!

Deb x

Hi No longer fatfair and forty ish

Thanks for the encouragement. I did have a bit of a pig out pre ss to say the least. I am definately going to give it a month and see how it goes.

Isnt this site great for encouraging each other, I feel much better now . . . .

Your loss is bloody fabulous, you must be so proud of yourself!!!!!

Deb x
Thanks Deb

I thought you might have done the last supper routine.. lol... most people do! Glad you're going to give the diet a fair chance to do its magic, you really won't regret it. If you stick to it it can't fail to work for you :D

This site is absolutely the best place for encouragement and support - not sure I could've got this far without it to be honest, and, getting to the social meets is a really really good part of that.

Thanks for the kind words, I'm kind of in a state of shock about my weight loss lol, but am very very happy :D

If you want something to do of an evening, nip along and read my diary.. lol.. it's VERY long and boring but might stop any urges to take a diversion from SSing.. lol

Really glad you feel better :D Good luck, and keep us all posted as to how you get on! I found keeping a weight loss diary has really helped. :)

Hi Deb,

veg is my FAV soup!!!!!

Have you frozen a choc tetra yet, freeze and take out an hour before eating, its yum!!!!

5lbs is Fab, That was about my first loss on ss and I lost 5st in 4 months, so you can too!

Well done for not giving in, the worst part is over, and you will average a st per month. I wouldnt go above 6 litres of water, I always stuck to between 4 and 5, any more and Id get leg cramps.

By the way, have you picked up a 5lb bag of spuds today, if not, go do so, its heavy!