disaster strikes

i have to eat dinner tomorrow night

• this is bad on lipotrim, move to calorie controlled diet instead

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • the world wont end - carry on with lipotrim the next day

Votes: 14 87.5%

• Total voters

dubcat

Ill keep this short as I'm posting from a mobile. I am on day 5. Diet going well. Tomorrow I have no choice but to have dinner with someone. I have to eat - no question about it and its not up for debate (job related - I'm in sales). The meal will not be low fat - it will be a curry (home cooked). I can normally manipulate the situation and avoid dinner but not this time. Even if I carry on with lipotrim the day after the meal has my sacrifice from the last 5 days been for nothing? I.e. Will eating that dinner negate the effects of the last 5 days of dieting? I will definitely come out of ketosis - I know that...
Dub

you will come out of ketosis and will affect your results but as you are on your first week you will never know how much it has affected you i had a chick salad for my b/day and had a big loss that week so it all depends on what you eat and how much at the end of the day it's up to you and also if it is a regular thing maybe this diet is not for you?

It sure will ruin the 5 days of work you have put in.

No one can force you to eat. If you dont want food then dont have it. Just tell them NO!!!!!!! my advice, as harsh as it sounds is :stand up for yourself and tell them you are on Lipotrim and are not eating.

Yes i agree with Tanya it is ridiculous dat just coz of your job you have to eat. You can still go and not eat its dere problem not yours.

A homemade curry will definitely knacker all your hard work. Perhaps an important sale rests on attending so I guess you have little choice. Why not pull the "I had a tummy bug last night " excuse to eat just a little of the meal and thus limit the damage. Remember one thing, you are sure to have other similar situations arising, so how will you cope with them???? Maybe, you do have to say up front that you are on a total food replacement diet.

As per my original posting I really don't want to talk about the viability of not eating. I want to have that meal (not for the meal itself - i pass such a meal up every day for the last 5 days - but because of the person i will be with and the opportunities building bridges with this person will afford me). If this is going to totally destroy my lipotrim diet then i will come off it and go to a low calorie diet instead.

To put this in to context - this will happen at MOST once every 2 months.. if at all.

Thanks,
Dub

As per my original posting I really don't want to talk about the viability of not eating. I want to have that meal (not for the meal itself - i pass such a meal up every day for the last 5 days - but because of the person i will be with and the opportunities building bridges with this person will afford me). If this is going to totally destroy my lipotrim diet then i will come off it and go to a low calorie diet instead.

To put this in to context - this will happen at MOST once every 2 months.. if at all.

Thanks,
Dub

Ok babes, i understand. I tink you shud retink total food replacement perhaps op for the maintenance program instead coz there is no point you struggling to get into ketosis only to have to start over again and again. You still lose weight on the maintenance program and you can have two shakes 1 low fat meal so it wud suit you much better i tink! Maybe discuss this with your pharmacist!

Thanks for that reply. Appreciate it. My pharmacist is useless - you guys know much more... I don't even get to deal with a pharmacist, only an assistant - who doesn't know much.

Thanks for that reply. Appreciate it. My pharmacist is useless - you guys know much more... I don't even get to deal with a pharmacist, only an assistant - who doesn't know much.

Yeah i got that impression! I know you have complained about them before seriously look into the maintenance program since you must eat for your work you cant really do a tfr diet its just silly to try. It wud just be a nightmare for you!

psychology is a weird thing... the very thought of having dinner tonight ultimately made me cave in and i had dinner last night too...

feel like such a failure. I'm going to try a calorie controlled diet and see what happens. Good luck to you all - don't cave in like i did.. i know you won't but just wanted to say that anyway so you know i'm sending you all my best wishes... especially you cookeh since we started on the same day.

Thanks,
Dub

But isnt this the kind of thing that got you to where you are today, overweight and starting an extreme TFR diet?

Building bridges with peoeple doesn't need to involve food!!!

I guess im too late in replying as i see you have already eaten last night. It renders totally pointless you being on this diet.

Last edited:
I still think you could re-start LT if you were doing ok with it before your meal.

I've managed to stick to LT completely but from the beginning I told myself that if I had to have a meal out, I would pick meat or fish with green veg and then straight back to LT. Obviously, you can't choose if someone is cooking for you but I think a meal like this every couple of months is really not so bad so long as you get straight back into it. The worse thing is that it'll make you feel hungry. Just my opinion.

Good luck with whatever you decide
x

I'v failed this diet 3 times before not getting past day 4. Maybe you are not totally ready for it yet. I have decided this time that under no circumstances am I going to eat anything.

Other times i have made excuses such as going to mother in laws and not wanting her to know, so id tell myself I'l just eat the salad then get back on it, but it never works out like that. I now know that was just an excuse to justify eating and telling myself that its not my fault I'd failed

This time i am going to take responsibility for my own actions, and I'v decided that I am worth putting myself first and I have decided not to eat even if that upsets anybody else (because they feel uncomfortable eating in front of me and that will spoil their meal *tough s##t*)

If you are not ready for this diet yet, dont be put off trying again in the future and every body is here to support you. Hope you manage to lose your weight which ever way is best for you.

Day 4 for me today so please keep your fingers crossed for me

xxx

EnoughAlready had it right... this was not an issue about me not being ready for it or anything like that. I actually found the diet no problem at all to live with outside of the meal mentioned above. Anyway, for anyone that cares I moved myself on to a low calorie diet instead. I try to eat about 1000 to 1500 kcal's per day and have largely been successful. I have eaten more on a couple of weekends and a wedding i went to - a lot more (but not more than i used to eat before i started dieting). Because i am not trying to maintain ketosis i don't stress out about the odd larger meal :)

I really owe lipotrim for reducing my appetite but most importantly for teaching me the importance of drinking water. By drinking 2-3l water per day (something i never did before my 1 week experiment with lipotrim) i stave off the hunger!

Good luck to you all..

ps i dont actually think im dieting. i think i have just made a lifestyle change.. it's weird to see myself say that but it's how i feel about the way i eat now

Woohooo well done Dubcat!

So pleased you found something that suits you, and I'm glad your short spell on LT helped.

You sound very confident and positive. I love to read posts like this one.

Good luck on your continued weight loss. Be sure to pop in from time to time and let us know how you're getting on.

Oh and water is fantastic and plays a HUGE part in weight loss success.

Hun im delighted you found something that works for YOU dats all that is important. It sounds like ur skint on lt helped you get food into perspective. And i believe lifestyle is better than diet coz you cant be on a diet the rest of your life so you are well on your way. R u counting cals????

:grouphugg:

Well done to you and you sound as though you have it under control. I cant keep that control on low cal as I always cave in and eat chocolate or have to many wines, thats why LT is working for me.

Good luck to you and let us Know how you are getting on cos we do care xxx

Back