Disgusted with myself

Loser85

Gold Member
Got back from meeting and my joining weight is 21st 1. The heaviest i have ever been, feel completely sick and disgusted. To make it worse my previous heaviest was 18st 10 of which i lost 4stone 6 years ago. I told myself back then id never get so big again. That never stuck anyways. Well at least now i suppose i have a good chunk to start on and i know what rock bottom looks and feels like. Only way is up.

at least your doing something about it :) and you could lost a stone of that in two weeks, it has been done before by people who have a bigger number to lose!! :) soon be off and past 14st 10lbs which you say you got to before good luck xx

Hi hunni ((hugs))
Take this as your last time ever losing it and make it a life change,get to target then maintainance,if you dont you will have to do it all again.
I have yoyoed for 22 years ,the last 5-6 years I lost and gained 14+stones in chuncks of 3-4 stones and am here I started at my heaviest ever 17st 4lb and I am only 5ft 2inch so I know how you feel.You have done it before and you sound in the right mindset what you have to do is get through each day and forget the big numbers pick some goals and stick to them.
Goin my christmas challenge only about 36 weighins to christmas click on the link at the bottom of my comment here......
Today is the rest of your life start enjoying those numbers going down hey ;) xxx

Well i sure as hell aint letting those numbers get any higher. Thing is usually when i lose weight im not overly bothered about the starting weight as i know itll change. This time though it actually worried me, you know the whole world freezes for a moment whilst the noggin catches up. Hopefully this is enough for me to make a fresh start. I'm only 24 for god sake, i have my whole life ahead of me plus my wee girl. Too much at stake now.

Hi
Oh sweetie. It is an awful feeling - the realisation. But you've faced it and even tho it was a shock, it sounds as if you are determined to do something about it.
You need to take a day at a time and make yourself little goals. I love meeting tiny little goals - it feels good!
And you said that you have your little girl to think off and if that's not a wake up call, well i don't know what is.
All the best, you know you can do it.
Lynne
x

Your right about the wake up call Lynne. I have a holiday in Blackpool Beginning of August so im hoping to have 2 stone off by then. All that walking would not be nice with 21 stone weighing me down. Also plan on taking my wee 1 to the zoo and stanley park etc. I need to be able to keep going for all this. Also walking from North to South pier is an incentive i tells ya! Would do me in otherwise.

Hiya hun, just wanted to say good luck. You sound determined, and I'm sure you can do it! I've started back on the diet on Tuesday, and like you I told myself I wouldn't put the weight back on...but I did and even more besides :sigh:. Like you said, onwards and upwards hun, we've learnt from our mistakes and its not too late. You're still young and have great incentives to lose it again and keep it off. Good luck :)

Hi hun

Just wanted to let you know I am in a very similar situation to you. I started following WW again in January before DH and I start trying for a baby and I was so shocked to see the scales say 20 stone 12. I knew I had put on weight but I hadn't realised I had put on soooo much. I am now 3 months through the diet and progress has been slow and steady and I am getting towards losing 2 stone. Fingers crossed you do well this week and like you and others have said that is just a starting point and you know that is going to get less and less. You've got great motivation in your little girl and your holiday just keep thinking of them!!

Ooooh and i have been setting myself small goals to make the whole amount seem less daunting. My current one is my 10% and I am to get a reward when I get there. Only 5lb to go so hoping for something lovely in the next 2/3 weeks.

Big hugs to you sweetie xxx

I hope today has gone well for you. I assume that today was your first day actually doing the plan? I re-joined on Wednesday evening but didn't start the plan til this morning. I too am at my heaviest and have been disgusted with myself too but to be honest, no matter how I feel about myself I need to forget that and just concentrate on the plan and sticking to it...and the same goes for you too.

I'm sure that your first goal of losing 2 stone for your August holiday will be reached because you sound like you are determined to do this.

I too have a little girl and I look at her sometimes and feel DREADFUL that I could be letting her down, I'm sure you know what I mean when I say that. :cry:

BE STRONG, FIGHT THOSE DEMONS AND LET THE TRUE YOU SHINE THROUGH. :D:D

sj XXX

Just wanted to say good luck - think of your current weight as the last time you'll ever weigh that much and go from there - it's perfectly doable to lose 2 stone by August if you track everything, keep to the plan 100% and exercise :) x

Welcome and well done for restarting the rest of your life. It is hard facing the scales I did it myself recently and like you was the heaviest I have ever been.

You sound determined and have good reasons to motivate you to carry on to goal. You also have youth on your side. I wish I had tackled my weight at your age I was a lot lighter then as well.

This forum is so supportive and motivating. As has been said, plan, point everything and track. Setting small achievable goals is very motivating when you have a lot of weight to lose. Reward yourself when you acheive a goal I buy myself something small (not food) each target acheived.

Post often and best of luck.

Thank you so much for the replies. Makes you realise your not alone. Sooo glad of that right now. I'm hoping the diet will help me change my eating habits as well as other ones, for Andras sake especially. (my DD's name) Id rather her not grow up eating like i did, i couldnt take it if she came home from school crying because of bullies. I had this and it was hell. Id know it was my fault.

Have any of your fine selves found it difficult introducing new foods to toddlers? Andra will eat most things but only when she feels like it. (usually not the day i cook it!)

hows it going LLvirgin :)

Well 1st weekend almost done with. Went out to shops today as usualy for Sunday, had dinner out too. Jacket spud and beans but no marge or butter. Got it at 9 points, 6 for tattie and 3 for beans as it was a large scoop. Sound about right?

Going ok so far anyways. Time will tell though i guess. :)

Lisa xx

Back