DIVA IS WALKING OFF HER BIG BUM AND TUM !!!! Join Me !!!!

Only did a 1/2 mile dog walk the last two days -- need to up the effort or there isno way I'll make 20 this week: but whatever I've done is better than I would have, and I can really make the effort for next week, after all is it less than 3 miles a day extra walking.

2 + 3 + 2 + .5 + .5 = 8 miles and 20 - 8 = 12
extra miles still need this week, i.e. beyond normal steps

Hi Minniemel, it's always great to hear from you! You are right, this is soo much more walking then I would normally do. We lead such more sedate lives now, I think !! I see it like that, only 3 miles per day, until I have a day( or two!!! ) off !!! Haha !!!

Diva x

Woohooo, walking workouts done and dusted for today !!! Slight hiccup in the park today, slipped on black ice and landed on my bottom, knew the fat would come in useful !!! Not soo funny is the pain in said well covered posterior and right hip !!!

No good TARGET trying to trip me up, I'm catching you up ( fingers crossed !! )

Diva x

Hi Diva -- I hope you are okay. Sometimes you don't feel the effects of a jarring like that until the next day.

No real extra walking today -- the pedometer read only 3.55 miles.

My little doggie is poorly, and so no long walkies. I may have to hit the treadmill tomorrow later afternoon/evening. But, I am sure I am not going to make my 20 extra this week -- but I'll do my best.

MinnieMel

Hi, well I made it to Friday again !!! And my total is......... 21.3 miles !!!!!
TARGET I have well and truly kicked you to the kerb this week !!!!! Wasn't too sure if I was going to make it this morning, as my leg and hip is aching from yesterday, so I had to go slowly on the Treadmill !!!! Feel quite good considering ( thought I might have given up by now !!! Hehe !!)

Roll on the weekend !!! Tomorrow is the start of WEEK 4, BRING IT ON !!!!!!

Diva x

Hi Diva --

I would say that I did about 8 extra miles of walking last week. And, have done none today. But, I am going to try my best to beat last week's 8 this week. Doggie still poorly, but I hoping she'll heal soon.

MM

Hi MinnieMel...I hope the dog is feeling better soon !!! My Kittens scatter when I turn on my Treadmill, they don't like the beeps and lights !!!! Hehe !!!

We are expecting more snow this week, so I may be on it a lot ! It's either that or take up ski-ing !!!! Eeeek !!!!

Diva x

Hi Diva,

what brand of pedometer do you use ..i would like a really like a discret one, I got one from WW once but found it clunky and to be honest didn't really know how to use it.

Bella

Hi Diva and everyone. If anyone needs a spot of help motivating them to walk a South African friend and me (UK) started a walking challenge through but somehow couldn't get off our butts and then I came up with the idea to challenge each other to take a photo on our walk and post it a website. It really motivated us and made the walks less same old same old. It's fun to see each others pics too.

There are now 15 of us doing it! We're starting again on Monday and if any of you want to join feel free!

Monday's challenge is to out there, walk briskly ;-) for a minimum of 30 minutes and take a photo of something NEW.

Add it to our fat-to-fit-foto site if you fancy. (But you don't have to - it's just a great motivator!)

Keep up the good work. (I've dropped a jeans size since Xmas!!!!!!!!!)

HI there, I am on Skype..how does one find you guys?

Bella

Hi fellow walkers

What brand of treadmill do people use, and does it have an incline? My treadmill ..hasn't seen nearly enough use ,but I like this thread, because the original idea with me was walk and watch a video..cos the treadmill faces the computer.

Bella

Morning All --

Little dog still poorly, but improving (I put her Christmas photo in my signature). She may have a short afternoon walk.

In order to meet diva's 20 miles challenge, I am going to have to get up before my DD and go to the gym (which is less than a mile from here) and walk on the treadmill from 6 to 7 in the morning (weekdays). That'll mean getting up at about 5:30 (for coffee and car frost scrapping)... it'll still be difficult as I will have to walk 4 miles each morningand that is a pretty fast pace (or over an hour's walk).

I have an elliptical machine and stepper, but no treadmill -- and as long as we live so close to the gym (and the base gym is very nice and free!) -- it hard to justify cramming (unused) exercise equipment into our home.

MinnieMel

P.S. Bel, I have a very discreet pedometer from nintendo that goes with a DS -- you can put it in your sock, pocket, etc. it seems pretty accurate, but I detest the "game" that came with it. I can't just use it own it's own. So, I am using the one that LL gave me.

Hi Belle, my Treadmill is a NordicTrack T5 zi,( we bought it last April / May and it was $700 approx about 430 ish GBP ) It's all singing and dancing, incline etc, diff workouts, and folds up too which is handy !!!! It's in our Den now ( before we moved it was in a bedroom !! ) and I sometimes use my IPad when walking !!! As it has a handy shelf, hehe !!
MinnieMel, are you really going to get up that early !!?? Wow !!! That's dedication....I may do that in the Summer, as it's much easier to do !! Can't wait until all my walking is outside again, before the scorching weather sets in, I'll be on the River Trails 5 mins from our House !!!!

Diva x

P.S
Dog is seriously a cutie !!! Awwww !!!!

Hello Diva
How are you doing? Sorry i hadn't checked in all week, but my laptop was down. I did walk 32 miles last week, but when i weighed myself friday I was the same weight. I did get discouraged and went off my diet saturday.:cry: Well I think what happend is I was not eating enough calories and working out to much. So this week i will try to exercise less and see what happens. You asked me last week if I was on the W8 diet. i use to be, but the shipping was very expensive from the UK to the States. I found another liquid diet here in the states that is similiar to Cambridge and to W8 and taste great. Its much much cheaper than what I paid for w8. So I will be starting again this week and try to walk 4 miles a day whice is a hour. You and the other ladies on here seem to be doing a great job.

Hello Diva
How are you doing? Sorry i hadn't checked in all week, but my laptop was down. I did walk 32 miles last week, but when i weighed myself friday I was the same weight. I did get discouraged and went off my diet saturday.:cry: Well I think what happend is I was not eating enough calories and working out to much. So this week i will try to exercise less and see what happens. You asked me last week if I was on the W8 diet. i use to be, but the shipping was very expensive from the UK to the States. I found another liquid diet here in the states that is similiar to Cambridge and to W8 and taste great. Its much much cheaper than what I paid for w8. So I will be starting again this week and try to walk 4 miles a day whice is a hour. You and the other ladies on here seem to be doing a great job.

Great to hear from you !!! 4 miles is good...I vary from 3 to 4...depending on how many days I had off....trying to get into the habit of 6 days of some sort of exercise per week as opposed to awful old habits of 1 day of exercise per week !!! :eek:

My hip is a little achy too, hoping it's much better tomorrow, as my target is still 20 miles this week !!!

Diva x

Hi Diva and fellow walkers, my treadmill is a proform pF 3.6 I bought it last year, about £400, its all singing all dancing as well and I have not done much with it..and I needed to get rid of the sofa to put it in, though it folds up.

I have my ipod all souped up and I am walking( strolling maybe ) to the station in the first instance..

my trainers are carp but I love them, totally tattered and the laces come undone all the time ..are those butt firmer trainers a gimmick do you think?

@UASgirl..which product are you using?

@Mel..I am going to sneak in random acts of walking all over the place while I listen to the girl who kicked the hornets nest.

Bella

Last edited:
I have my W/W pedometer now, honestly I am still feeling robbed at £17. Not sure I like it at all, I just want something that shows up in miles, however I am informed by the unreadable instruction booklet that it keeps tabs of daily and weekly distances. Ok , I shall see.

Bella

Hey Bella

My skype is jen.errico. We're walking today. The challenge is to take a photo of ART. Anything that inspires you as art take the shot and load it on our website www.fat-to-fit-foto.com. One pic loaded so far by Heather! Mine's coming, had too much work to do this morning but need to go the bank so will combine the walk and the boring stuff at the same time.
Hope to see you there soon!

Jen

Hi ya Jen, ok I am going to dig my compact out and recharge the battery and let you know...what types of areas and times do you do you best walking.

I am a dark night city walker at my best..I like walking when its dark outside and in the city..cos its flat..I tried walking in seattle...but found the landscape too bumpy hilly and all over the place. Do you ladies use music as well? I have all sorts on my ipod, from music to talks to stories to vedios, to meditation..I do want an iphone soon so I can start getting apps:p even though I don't know what app I want.

Bella

Last edited:
Hi Bel -- There is a minimins app!

Mel

Hi Bel -- There is a minimins app!

Mel

I wonder what it does..maybe it lets off a high pitch when one gets too close to dunkin donuts or the ice cream section in the supermarket.:p.and then flashes a text..'you know you'll regret it in the morning'.

( and if it doesn't it should)

I wonder what it does..maybe it lets off a high pitch when one gets too close to dunkin donuts or the ice cream section in the supermarket.:p.and then flashes a text..'you know you'll regret it in the morning'.

( and if it doesn't it should)

LOL -- it should. I think it is just a way to access Minimins from your iphone.

MM

Back