DIVA IS WALKING OFF HER BIG BUM AND TUM !!!! Join Me !!!!

Did two miles of steps using my aerobic step. The first real steps this week I think.

Walked the little dog for 30 min and took my first photo for the photo website.

MM

Morning everyone !!! Wednesday already, it's been snowing steadily here since about 4.am and we are expecting a big storm this evening, about 10 inches maybe and we already had about 3 or 4 !!! Looks lovely, and I love the stuff, but it means i will be on the Treadmill for probably the rest of the week.....
Was hoping to get down to the River Trails, as the view is great, walking is more enjoyable and the fresh air clears my head !!!
Over half way to Target,taking it one step at a time....literally !!!! Keep plodding on Ladies !!!!

Diva x

Hi everyone,

I would love to join you in your walking the pounds off :D

I have been a keen walker for the last 4 years and wear a pedometer every day - I use an OMRON II - fantastically easy to set up, very reliable and has a 7 day memory too.

I am recovering from a heart op so am not able to do the distances that I used to yet - am walking 3-4 miles every other day at the moment and the gym for an hour twice a week.

Anyone else use the website 10000steps.org?

I'll be back with some step numbers soon!

Hi Diva and everyone. If anyone needs a spot of help motivating them to walk a South African friend and me (UK) started a walking challenge through but somehow couldn't get off our butts and then I came up with the idea to challenge each other to take a photo on our walk and post it a website. It really motivated us and made the walks less same old same old. It's fun to see each others pics too.

There are now 15 of us doing it! We're starting again on Monday and if any of you want to join feel free!

Monday's challenge is to out there, walk briskly ;-) for a minimum of 30 minutes and take a photo of something NEW.

Add it to our fat-to-fit-foto site if you fancy. (But you don't have to - it's just a great motivator!)

Keep up the good work. (I've dropped a jeans size since Xmas!!!!!!!!!)

Hi, have tried to register today but when I hit submit, nothing happens :( can you help?

Welcome nearly there -- I just downloaded today's pic. Let me have a go at the website and I'll be back in a few minutes.

MM

30 minute walk with little dog (very brisk) = 2 miles. So, 2 miles 2 days in a row. I am hoping to at least match my 8 from last week and then keep trying to up it to Diva's 20 mile challenge.

Last edited:
The fat to fit photo challenge

Try going through this link. I was able to logon and upload my photos with no issues.

Good Luck.

MinnieMel

P.S. I have never heard on the 10000 steps, but thanks for that -- I'll check it out.

And, good on you for working on your fitness post op. I hope everything got sorted.

Last edited:
Ok cos I am still smarting..I know I should let bygones by bygones BUT

Did I buy the most expensive pedometer in the universe ? £17 it cost me .

Though gotta admit it's pretty good..but how much did yours cost.

bug_84923_pedometer_104X104.jpg

( i promised that I was giving up being grumpy ..but I am still smarting at the cost and its thursday .. I bought the blue bug on monday..I ought to be over it by now)

Hi Bel -- My pedometer does very little (not fancy) -- but it was free from my LL counsellor (so, in reality it cost me 798 pounds -- the amount of money 12 weeks on LL costs... but then it was also all my food for 12 weeks, the books, a bag, the exercise ball, the dvds, the counselling, etc.).

MM

Wow...I think our Pedometers only cost around $5 to $10 ish, thay just do all the normal stuff!!! They clip on so I guess I'm always worried about it dropping off, and didn't want to pay a fortune for them !!! Hehe !!
Well, we had almost 15 inches of snow overnight !!! Eek !!! so unless I take up skiing, I seem to be Treadmilling away this week !!!

Diva x

P.S Nice to see more people joining us, welcome, and please share your stories and tips,all comments appreciated ! :)

Hello All , and Week 4 of my walking challenge is over....AND I DID IT !!!!!

So...what now ??? One month is a big achievement for me, I'm really pleased. It has been hard sometimes, I really didn't feel like doing it, but just thought, one more mile, one more mile. I really want all this effort now ( and in the next few months ) to really SHOW in the Summer !!!!

My legs feel a bit tighter and I have lost some weight....remember I am over half way through my weight loss adventure, and my losses had really slowed down with a lot if STS !!! So very happy with the disappearing pounds !!

Sorry for the rambling, I am going to continue with this challenge in Feb, hopefully the weather here will improve and I can venture back outside !!!!

So let's keep going everybody.....one mile at a time !!!!

Diva x

Viva La Diva said:
Well, we had almost 15 inches of snow overnight !!!

When I was watching the news and weather the other day, they said you guys up there would get 12+ inches of snow, you popped into my head right away lol

When I was watching the news and weather the other day, they said you guys up there would get 12+ inches of snow, you popped into my head right away lol

More snow is coming !!! It's snowing very gently now as I type !!! Also, expecting another storm next Tues, eeeek !!! Luckily, I LURVE it !!!!

Diva x

Hey All --

Very cold here but no snow. I was walking with my scarf wrapped around my face.

Getting up to go to the gym just wasn't happening. Maybe one day soon -- I used to go that early.

However, this week I...

Did 2 miles using the step and pedometer.
Did 3 days of 2 mile dog walks with camera for Fat-to-Fit-Foto challenge.

So, I matched last week's 8 miles and that was with little dog not walking most of the week.

So, I think 20 miles might be difficult for me to manage, as I am trying to go to 3 fitness classes at week (I haven't met that target, yet).

But, I think I can do better with the walking -- so, I will try for 10 miles next week.

MinnieMel

Hello All, I'm a day late reporting in, oops !!! Another week of walking bites the dust, and I managed 20.3 miles, it would have been closer to 23 , but I had one bad day with an upset stomach ( Had to stay close to a bathroom, yuk !!) so walking was not an option that day!!!!

How are we all doing ?? The weather here has been interesting to say the least !!! My Treadmill has been a godsend!!! Come on Spring, I want to try out new walking routes, grrrrr !!!!!

Diva x

Another week done and dusted, but only managed one walk actually outside, due to the still frozen state of the snow here !!! Grrr !!! I managed 20.3 miles, just like I did last week, though I shouldn't really moan as it's over 20 miles !!! How is everybody else doing ???
Keep on walking !!

Diva x

Hi Viva la Diva --

I did some walking but wasn't using the pedometer. I got some new Tone ups sandals -- but need sandal weather. I am going to try to get myself to the gym to walk some on the treadmill. I need to get moving with your walking challenge.

Congrats on another week "done and dusted".

MinnieMel

Hi MM, and thanks....though I do wonder if I will be this good when I can rejoin the normal walking World outside !!!! Just waiting for the weather to warm up, and no more snowstorms, and I'll be there !!! Are you still taking photos of your walks ???? I think I might join in that, though not much point at the mo !!! Hehe !!

Diva x

Hi Viva -- I stopped doing the walks when my DD was ill, and have not gotten back to it. The weather here is so gray and gloomy. However, I am going to see if I can get myself up to the gym to use the treadmill. That might be the best way to rack up some miles atm.

MM

Just bought some nifty velcro wrap around handweights/ or ankle !!! Just wasn't too sure if carrying my hand weights was a good idea when zoned out to the music/ radio !!!! No way do I want to trip over and land on my face, haha !!! Going to start using them properly soon !!!
Believe me some days I wish I could avoid the Treadmill, but it mocks me as I can see it from our Study whispering come on lardy bottom shift your a**e !!!! Hehehe !!!!

Diva x

Back