DIVA IS WALKING OFF HER BIG BUM AND TUM !!!! Join Me !!!!

Hi Diva -- On Chels thread we have been talking about the Shape Ups and how they come with a DVD. Shoes with DVD instructions! ;) I have some and she has ordered and recieved hers. I like to use my on the treadmill and when out walking. My sisters swear by them.

I gave a couple of friends of mine (who are regular walkers -- hand weights to pump as they walk, in order to make it more aerobic). I haven't seen them using them, yet. lol

MM

Last edited:
Hi Diva -- On Chels thread we have been taling about the Shape Ups and how they come with a DVD. Shoes with DVD instructions! ;) I have some and she has ordered and recieved hers. I like to use my on the treadmill and when out walking. My sisters swear by them.

I gave a couple of friends of mine (who are regular walkers -- hand weights to pump as they walk, in order to make it more aerobic). I haven't seen them using them, yet. lol

MM

Laughed at shoes with a DVD !!! :)
What I need are ones that shout out motivational things like, keep moving or start mooing !!!!! :D

Well another week bites the dust, and I'm glad to be starting clean tomorrow, well Sunday if I sneak a rest day in, hehe !!! The sweet, choccy food and alcohol really upset my inside healthy eating psyche !!! And what a fight they've been having since Monday !!!
Anyway, I'm wandering off in my train of thought, and another 21.3 miles have been treadmilled off, woohoo !!! Even with all the exercise I have my fingers crossed for a STS :eek:

Enjoy the weekend everybody !!!

Diva x

Hi Diva -- Well done on hitting your walking target again.

I still haven't picked up the pace, but I am hoping to do so. I did an aerobics class and powerplates session this week, but other than that it was just a couple of short dog walks.

MM

Hi Diva -- Well done on hitting your walking target again.

I still haven't picked up the pace, but I am hoping to do so. I did an aerobics class and powerplates session this week, but other than that it was just a couple of short dog walks.

MM

Ohhhh, Powerplates???? Is that any good? When it first came out it reminded me of that old rubber band you put around your waist attached to a machine, which then shook you !!!! :D
And do you remember Slendertone, which I think is still going ??? Attach the pads to problem areas, plug into the mains and be zapped slim !!!! :D :D :D Used to think you would be able to sit on the sofa for hours wearing it , watching TV and eating crap !!! Haha !!

Just popped on here to say the weather hates me and I may be DOOMED to walking inside forever !!! Another 5 to 7 inches of snow overnight !!! Luckily I love it, but I want to be strutting about outside !!!!

Diva x

I really liked Powerplates and I could see how it would help you tone. But, I'd need to go on a regular basis to see if it works for me.

I need to go to the gym on base -- they got all new equipment and I should be on the treadmill daily. I'll make an effort I promise.

It has been gray and rainy here... but then it's the UK.

MM

That sounds good, new equipment, etc !!! I'm going to start a March upper body Blitz, as I need to start toning up above my bottom !!!!
The sky here is clear and an intense blue, the sun is now out, it's freezing, and the snow is blinding me when I look outside !!!

Workout number two soon, but I need some Breakfast and coffee first !!!! Hehehe !!!

Diva x

Hello All, it's a very wet Friday morning here, but I'm reporting in at the end of another walking week. I did 22 miles !!!! Yay !! This week also completes 2 months of real, regular exercise, no excuses and no cheats!!!! And to be quite honest with you I sometimes thought I would never get to this stage. I don't think it's a habit yet, I don't think about my workout and go yipee ( but then who does??? :) ) , but I am not filled with dread with the thought of doing it. If anyone is looking for a cheap, easy to fit in exercise, walking is the thing to start with. Start really slowly, I had been doing two odd small walks or so per week, before I upped my miles!!
I'm going to keep going, as target is still some way off in the distance, and I'm determined not to spend my forties unfit and fat !!!! :D

Diva x

Congrats Viva -- I find your level of commitment very inspiring. I am still working on upping my fitness activities. I am up and down atm.

I am sticking to diet okay -- and so that is something.

MM

Thanks MM, I'm plodding along, while others seem to swish by!! Haha!! Will I ever stop searching for that' 'magic' diet cure ?? I guess everybody wants a quick fix, but I know it doesn't work ( for me ) So I find myself right back at the beginning with the only rule being exercise plus goodish healthy low fat food = weight loss !!! When you write it down it sounds sooo simple, but it's hard work isn't it??

Have a good weekend !!

Diva x

Thanks VlaD -- I hope that you have a good weekend, as well.

MM

Just a quick hello to my fellow walkers !! How are you doing?? Is it getting easier for you, and more importantly are you seeing results !! Haha!! My legs are toning up nicely, a couple more stones to go and I think I may have a half pair decent pair of pins!! :D

Managed to do 20.6 miles, so happy with that, plus I have started my M.U.B.B, results of the first week of that on Tues next week. So really have got to concentrate on the food side again and I may see results, weight wise soon !!!

Are you walking this weekend ??? I will be !!! Haha !!!

Diva x

Hi Viva -- Another successful week for you. YEAH!

I have been on the treadmill (Yes, I finally started going to the gym!)

I have done several Fitness classes this week (Mon. Aquafit, Weds. Pilates, Thurs. Aquafit, Fri. Pump Fx -- then on Tues. Thurs. and Friday I did work at the gym, incl. 3 miles-ish each day on the treadmill, and some more on other machines. Not quite the same as your walking -- but I am doing more and have been inspired by your commitment.

Have you ever heard of Judith Beck and her book The Beck Diet Solution? I recommend that you get this book and start working through it BEFORE you start dieting as it will help you prepare to diet, be successful at dieting, and then later while maintaining. She is a cognitive behavourial therapist. She does not endorse any particular diet -- she wants you pick two healthy plans (in case you start to struggle on one, then you have a back up and don't just give up). I am on Day 11 in the book, and find it very helpful. Although, I have been dieting since December 27th -- in the past week since I started working through the book -- I have felt the best about this endeavour that I have thus far.

I am going to do RC Zumba tomorrow morning, but will try to get some walking in, too.

MM

Hi Diva,

Congrats on completeing another week of walking!!!

I have not "walked" as much this week... because last Sunday (I skipped Zumba Saturday because I was so sore from Power Pump), I did about 3.5 miles on the treadmill but used a fairly steep incline. I did not feel it at the time, but later I realised I had a huge painful blister.

I put a band-aid on it and went to Zumba on Monday morning and then the blister became a bit of a "hole" and is only now finally scabbed over (but it is still painful). It is oddly on the inside of my left heel.

I have worn these trainers at the gym for the past couple of years (never outside - they look and function as new) -- so I think it had to be an effect of the incline. So, I have been wearing my other (lower) trainers and did one auqafit and one pilates class this week (shoe free).

I did walk one other time about two miles with the dog and my neighbour.

So my walking total -- is about 5.5 miles. I will wear the low shoes this week and try to get closer to your weekly total. I am supposed to walk tomorrow afternoon with someone who is training for a marathon (walking). She does about 6 to 10 miles in one go on Sundays. I'm not sure how I'll feel if I do that? I have been exercising, but I expect it'll take its toll.

Did you make any decisions on a "diet"? How are your losses, thus far?

MM

MM

Hello, Viva La Diva I'm new here just saw your thread and think I want to start walking more as you have done so well :D I have been on a diet for like over 8 weeks and I've only lost 8lbs, I'm eating really healthily so I put it down to my lack of exercise I guess. I'm now at 13 stone 5.5 and have been there for 3 weeks despite eating like a hamster :( I want to get to like 9 and a half stone. I wondered how much difference walking has made to your weight loss and how quickly? What advice would you give me like how to pace myself how far to walk to start with etc? Thanks so much :)

Hello everybody, I haven't been on here much recently, well only to record my WI etc. We have had some sad news and it has taken a little while to try and find a way through it, and although I am usually quite a sparkly positive person I have found myself struggling.......
Hoping to be back up to speed next week, scraped to 20 miles this week, but to do that I had to have a couple of 7 miles days as I have missed a lot of workouts...

Diva x

Hi Viva,

Sorry about your trying times. Well done getting through your walking... even if it took seven mile days. Impressive.

I did four classes this week (my target is three). Zumba Monday, Aquafit Monday night, Pilates stretching Weds, and Pilates fitness Friday. I did a few dog walks, but only aabout 2 miles each (if that). So, I am at about 5 extra miles of walking this week. Still hoping to up that.

MM

Hello everybody.....another week has swooshed by !! Is it me or is time flying by?? Summer will be here before we know it.....eeek and we know what that means..... Summer clothes and more ( flabby ) flesh on show, ahhhhh!!
Anyway, I'm wandering off in my ramblngs!! Managed 20.4 miles, broken down to more manageable sized walks, so much easier doing 3 to 5 miles than 7 !! Off to update the progress in my signature!!

Diva x

Congrats Diva --

It sounds as if you have had a better week. Glad to know it. Are you able to walk outside or still on the treadmill? We had some very lovely days here in the UK this past week: sun, warmth, sooo wonderful. It has cooled and grayed again, but I did get out and about a bit -- I did not do oyur 20 miles, I did do more than the usual.

I am sticking to my fitness classes: Monday Fitness Pilated, followed by Zumba. Then Tuesday was a Step/Body Tone class. -- Later the week I was busy and did not do planned fitness, but as it was lovely I was out walking, and did the "spntaneous" fitness of parking further away, leaving the car in one spot and walking to other errands, then back, etc.

I hope you have a good week --

Mel

Hello to all the other walkers out there !!! Well, last Friday was the finish of my last week of walking in March. I managed 20 miles, but things are a changing to my walking plans... I have a hip injury which is not going away, it is becoming one of those nagging pains, which even keeps me awake at night. Not sure if it is because of all the walking, or an old injury when I slam dunked down on the ice a while back !! So the sensible thing I've been told is to rest it properly, not pound it with a day of 7 miles of walking!!! Eeeek !!! Hehe !! This also coincides with a busy week this week, then the arrival of our "baby" from good old England ( sorry wonderful son we know you are nearly 18 but you will always be our baby!! :D ) Then the following week Mr D and I have rented a Beach Cottage to escape to, for some serious R and R as he has been soo busy recently.... So I think I am looking at 3 weeks 'off' from my miles, though I may keep an eye on it.
What have I learnt from starting this on Jan 1st ?? Lots of things, I never knew..... I really CAN walk this far regularly, I really really enjoy it and that I am NEVER going back to being such a couch potato again...EVER !!!
I'm so proud of myself for getting this far....sometimes I felt like chucking it in believe me !! So if you are thinking of starting to walk....do it !!! If you have already begun .....keep doing it !! I'm returning in 3 weeks, so I'll be back here to keep on NAGGING you to do it !!!! Haha!!!

So from a dodgy hipped Diva at the mo.....KEEP WALKING !!!!!

X

Back