DIVA IS WALKING OFF HER BIG BUM AND TUM !!!! Join Me !!!!

Today was one of my favourite walks, down on the river trails very close to our home. These river trails are fantastic, the views are great and I did a fairly easy one today, 2.5 miles along the bank of the river. Blustery weather, but cleared the cobwebs... hehe !!!

Diva x

Attachments

• River Walk  1.jpg
    River Walk 1.jpg
    552.4 KB · Views: 26
  • River Walk  2.jpg
    River Walk 2.jpg
    515 KB · Views: 29
I'm trying to get into walking at least 40mins a day on my treadmill. I don't live in a very nice area so walking outside is better done when it's light nights. I wasn't sure how good it would be for weight loss but it seems to be working for other people!

Hi... I'm always interested to hear from other walkers !! I am on a go slow atthe mo, and it's driving me madddddd !!! Just checked the old pedometer from last week and I clocked up 11.6 miles in walks. Better than nothing but still not exactly where I want to be.
I'll be back on my Treadmill soon, too much snow here to make outdoor walking easy in the Winter !!!

Good luck with your walking !!

Diva x

Today's walk was at an Arboretum I hadn't been to before .... it's always interesting to walk somewhere new isn't it ?? It was a lovely sunny Autumn day, so perfect for my stroll !!!

Diva x

Attachments

• Tuesday's Arboretum Walk  1.jpg
    Tuesday's Arboretum Walk 1.jpg
    561 KB · Views: 24
  • Arboretum Walk  2.jpg
    Arboretum Walk 2.jpg
    569.1 KB · Views: 27
  • Arboretum Walk  3.jpg
    Arboretum Walk 3.jpg
    594.7 KB · Views: 23
Glad to hear youre enjoying your walks :D. Looks like you get to go to some beautiful places though!

Hi Diva,

Fab photos and good walking. I am going to get going again tomorrow -- walking, fitness, water, etc. I have gotten back on CD810/1000 for the most part, but it'll take a lot more than that to get to goal and maintain.

Did you get any of that snowstorm?

Mel

Hi Mel, just revisiting my walks, as I'm already going stir crazy being not allowed to move around too much at the mo ! Yes, we did get some snow about two inches..... So early for around here, in time for Halloween !!

I'm going to research as many new walks as I can, ready for when I can get walking again ! Also, planning some new Treadmill challenges for when Winter hits and buries me in Snow !! Hehe !

Diva x

Hi Diva,

Sounds good. I need to plan some walks and get back on a treadmill, too.

Two inches in nothing after living in Syracuse! But, it would shut this whole country down, wouldn't it?

Mel

Hi Diva I hope you don't mind me gatecrashing your thread? I'm back on the walking so was hoping to record on here?! This week:

Monday: 75 min fast walk (4 mph) pushing buggy
Thursday: 60 min decent pace walk (3 mph) pushing buggy

Will be back tomorrow :D feel better soon chick x

Viva La Diva said:
Not at all !!! Look at those walks !! Keep it up hun.....your "pins" are going to look fab in your Christmas frock !!!

Diva x

I hope so :p

Glad to hear that your keeping active as much as you can :).. haha never thought I would ever talk abput keeping active lol

mba0235l.jpg

Hi Diva,

I love a good pun. I hope your Friday and weekend goes well.

It is bucketing here! Rained all night and still going (I am glad I live up a hill). ;)

Mel

Morning MiZ Diva --

I hope you are feeling well -- and recovery is going smoothly. I read on MrsPayne's thread that you did not weigh this week. Probably, a good plan if you think it will help keep you on track.

I wore my pedometer yesterday (I am tracking my steps for a challege) and I had 12,014 steps just doing housework!

I was thinking -- maybe you should PM a moderator and get them to move this thread to a diary section. You have enough posts to have it placed with the Sliver Members Only diaries. That way only people who have been on the forum for a bit can access it - and you continue to use this thread as your diary and later on to record to your walking. More people might see it there, too.

My first "diary" was thread I started -- What I am Doing Instead of Eating on the CD forum-- and people were posting what they were doing... but it kind of died down, so I asked to have it moved to the diaries section.

I now also have a Gold diary (a few us CDers set up those up or had exisiting diaries moved, because we were jumping around on diet plans and discussing some very personal stuff). You have to have 1,500 posts to view those. (I was teased about having so many posts -- but a lot of mine are from playing the Song Title game -- I got kind of hooked on it. I no longer play.)

Cold and gray here... how are things in PA?

Mel

Hi Mel !! Some good ideas there, I may do, I just think that if it is a diary I am under more pressure to post....and sometimes I do disappear for weeks...I'm hardly a glowing example....plus I'm regaining weight not losing at the mo......naughty naughty.

It's glorious here, I am missing all these perfect walking days, just praying that it stays lovely and there is no snow until after Christmas, so that I can actually get out there !!! Stir crazy Diva is not a happy Bunny !!

Your stepping is going well.....Mr D hates housework, so I am planning a massive whole house Winter Clean when I'm running around again !! This house will be sparkling just in time for putting up the Christmas Decks. Doing the whole of our Basement this year as one of our cats is the destroyer of all things Christmassy and Glittery !!

Happy Walking!!

Diva x

Thanks Diva -- People post, and then don't in their diaries. I just thought it'd be easier for people to "find" you. Especially if you put a link to your diary in your signature.

I love the description of your cat being the "grinch". ;)

If I bust my bum now -- I might be able to get things somewhat sorted for Thanksgiving.

Mel

glad to hear that you are doing better, as long as youre feeling better thats worth it on its own :). men never like to do housework do they? in fact they always seem to want to make more, from the moment they walk into the house they think that all of the sudden their jacket goes on that chair instead of getting hung up.. what do they think that hopes and dreams puts it up for him? lol hope youre having a good day :)

Last edited:
Youll be doing better soon and this wil just be a bad memory. Hang in there :)

Back