DIVA IS WALKING OFF HER BIG BUM AND TUM !!!! Join Me !!!!

Hi Viva or is it Diva? ;)

I have been trying to "get into" the walking and hitting about 50% with the walking the dog for 30 min. at least daily. But, I am going to make it 100% I hope and then carry-on.

I am also going to start my "planned fitness' again -- with a aquafit class this evening (I hope -- I need to book it).

It'll take a bit to get back up to what you were doing, but I know you will be doing your 20 a week soon.

Mel

At the moment I should be called the big fat beer drinking and Choccy munching one !!! Huge tax bill, had me running to the treats....lame excuse you know...but I'm human, it was our first tax bill here...and it is bloody scary !!!! (thousands of $$$$ !!! )

Well I stomped off 2 lbs of wobble this week, and managed 11.5 miles of proper walking workouts !!!! Yay me, after such a slow
start last week !!!

Love that piccy, it is seriously CUTE !!!

Plan for this week is to walk, walk, walk, fruit, water, healthy foods, etc etc ....

Diva x

Hi Diva,

So you are recently arrived to the States? We have lived overseas for so long that moving back Stateside is a worrying prospect, but we know that we will one day and probably sooner rather than later.

Good on you for getting back over 50% on your walking programme. I am sure you will up it bit by bit and get back to working out steadily. I stopped doing the walking bit, but I have promised myself that I will get back to working out and dieting on the 16th.

So, I will do my best until that time (and, too, have been nibbling on the wrong things).

Mel

Hi MM, Mr D has been here a few years, but was really still employed by the London branch of his company, so it has only been in the last year he has totally come across ( taxes wise, etc ) to the American system. We also sold one of our properties in the UK to finance a house purchase here, so brought a chunk of money into the country....and were penalised for doing that !!! Hopefully next year it won't be such a shocker !!! ( we nearly died when we saw all those noughts after the $ sign !!!)
Walked yesterday, and walked earlier....very nearly back in the right zone....
Come back on the 16th....don't leave it too long...it just gets harder and harder to restart doesn't it ?

Diva x

MM, are you back to it?? See I'm checking up on you already !!!!! Haha !!!!
Walking wise I managed to tot up 12.53 miles, but it's not clicking right back yet.....but I will get there!!!
WI was a STS too, which I'm trying to turn around into a positve !!! You know me !!! My old negativity used to weigh me down heavier than all those pounds I dragged around !!!!
The weather report is thunderstormy this week, but I am determined to get out if I can !!! How are you doing? Is your mindset ready to go ?? Is Mr WillPower in the room and eyeing you up !!!! Hehe !!!

Diva x

Arghhhhh, I have caught Mr D's virus, and now I feel crappy. This is not good as I know I won't be walking for a few days, grrrrr !! Also, want to comfort eat everything in sight !! So the diet is on hold until the medicine kicks in !! Will update later on in the week.

Diva x

Hi Diva,

I am trying to get back at it. I took off and went to Majorca with two other moms/daughters last week (along with my 12 year old) -- from Wednesday through Saturday. I tried to stick to mostly SouthBeach choices on food, and took the stairs, etc. to my room.

However, Sunday was DS's birthday, Monday I went to see a friend in crisis, and yesterday I went shopping with another friend. Today I am back at the "good choices" diet plan, and hope to get some planned fitness started tomorrow. So, to answer your question... I have been treading water, not drowning, but not getting anywhere either.

So, you bought a house in the U.S. -- does this mean it will be home? Have you have properly (premanently) immigrated?

We just "signed on" for another three years here in the UK... but that could always change. I think we will be moving back to the U.S. after the three -- that will be 20 years living outside of the U.S.!!!

I hope you are feeling better soon and can get back to target distance, soon.

Mel

Last edited:
Hi Viva --

I thought I'd pop in and bump up your thread. How are things? Are you recovered enough to get back to your walking?

Mel

Hi Mel.....thanks for the hello !!! Not much exercise allowed at the mo, some gentle walking, which is ok, but not exactly enough for any real weight loss !!! Trying not to get too worried about it and head to the fridge to munch away my sorrows !!! Hehe !!

Diva x

Thanks for posting Diva!

I hope that your recovery goes well and you are back inspiring legions of couch potatoes to get up and move!

Gray here in your homeland. How are things in Penn's Woods?

Mel

Autumn is finally here I think.....though it's still very warm !! Hehe !!
Managed a nice little walk today 2.5 miles....slow and steady . Thought I'd post a couple of piccys....it's a local National Park about ten minutes drive from me....and sometimes the scenery almost tricks me into thinking I'm back in good ol' Blighty !! ( U.K )

Diva x

Attachments

• Tuesday Walk.jpg
    Tuesday Walk.jpg
    498.4 KB · Views: 18
  • Tuesday Walk  2.jpg
    Tuesday Walk 2.jpg
    565.6 KB · Views: 21
Morning Diva,

It sure does not look like October in Syracuse, New York (where I used to live). We have had an unusally warm autumn, too.

I am glad you were able to get out and do soem walking.

Mel

Thanks Mel, it was a lovely walk.... Just wish I could have done a longer one, but got to go careful....grrr!

Mr D has transformed an empty little room in our basement into a gym !! My Treadmill is in there, my coreball and my weights! Plus he has put a TV screen in there, so it's jut like going to a Gym.....can't wait to get back to it!! Haha !

Diva x

Mr D is awesome, as you and I both know that walking in the snow and on the ice can be an issue!

Kool got it subscribed! :)

Out and about again today....another slow paced walk, but managed just over 2.5 miles !! Visited the lovely Nature Reserve about 5 mins drive from my house, today was a bright sunny clear day, so it was beautiful there !!!

Diva x

Attachments

• Start Of My Tuesday walk.jpg
    Start Of My Tuesday walk.jpg
    572 KB · Views: 27
  • Native Plant Meadow.jpg
    Native Plant Meadow.jpg
    525.3 KB · Views: 33
  • Long View of Natural Plant Meadow.jpg
    Long View of Natural Plant Meadow.jpg
    592.1 KB · Views: 34
  • Ruins Of An 1860's Copper Mine.jpg
    Ruins Of An 1860's Copper Mine.jpg
    583.6 KB · Views: 31
Viva La Diva said:
Out and about again today....another slow paced walk, but managed just over 2.5 miles !! Visited the lovely Nature Reserve about 5 mins drive from my house, today was a bright sunny clear day, so it was beautiful there !!!

Diva x

Wow sounds like a good walk and what a beautiful place to do it.. its good when it hardly feels like xercise because you can enjoy your surroundings :D

Thanks Jo ..... I wasn't sure if anyone would bother even looking at the photos !! But as I am only allowed slow fairly flat short walks at the mo , I've taken to snapping as I go !!!! I think we have a few more mild weeks coming and the light is amazing here this time of year. Come January I'll probably be buried under several feet of snow for weeks !!!

Just checked your stats... You are soo close to target, wowza !!! Howare you going to celebrate ?

Diva x

Back