Dizzy's Diary - Fitness First! Weightloss too now.

Hi Dizzy, it looks like you are doing fab with the GI thingy....I have been thinking about doing that myself in a couple of stone lol

Looks like SOOOOOOOOO much food though!!

Am really glad its going well for you....hopefully it will continue like that!

Hope your heads better by now Diz, well done on the menu so far! Sounds like its working for you!

Has MacKenzie settled in ok at school? xx

Quite better thanks, I need to be more careful. I know what brings the miigraines on. Hopefully getting into good habits and routine with the diet will also help me control the migraines. So busy in the mornings that it is so easy to forget to have a drink, organisation is the key. Not my strong point but working on it!

Look Bex there is a jealous smilie now!:jelous:

MacKenzie is doing well at school he is very sociable and has lots of friends but at the same time is quiet and shy although happy with it. He's reading pretty well and enjoying the school work, seems quite bright.:)

I'm still enjoying the Gi plan suits me well.

Diana x

Hi Dizzy, it looks like you are doing fab with the GI thingy....I have been thinking about doing that myself in a couple of stone lol

Looks like SOOOOOOOOO much food though!!

Am really glad its going well for you....hopefully it will continue like that!

Hi Kazz

I am enjoying the Gi plan very much. The foods are many of my favourites and having the meals planned for me is helping me to be more organised. Although there is lots of flexibility too which enables me to adjust it to suit my needs.:)

I'd recommend it as a good way of losing the final bit and maintaining as it is helping me with learning which foods, when and how much etc.

I struggled for the last few months with CD only maintaining and that wasn't any good for me at all. :sigh:

This definitely feels like the way forward. Fingers crossed!!!;)

Thanks for popping by but with all this food being talked about I understand if you don't want to anytime.:D

Dizzy x

DAY 4 of Gi Plan

Weight 11 st 9lb

Breakfast - Cheesy Beans on Toast

1 slice of Bread (toasted)
200g Baked Beans
1oz low fat cheese

Should also have had glass of orange juice but not having that may have 1/2 grapefruit later.

Going to try to sign up for the gym this morning and hopefully get to class. All this extra expense I really need to move on to the next task in 'New Me' and get a part time job sorted out.

Dizzy x

This food is so filling I am struggling to eat it all! Seems ridiculous really!

Went to the gym this morning and had the aerobics glass, followed by slightly over an hour in the gym, burning 600 calories (or so they say!)

Then I enrolled for a year, the only thing that's worrying me a bit is a problem with my hip that I experienced in the class. I stopped doing those exercises straight away but driving afterwards was tricky.

I've had a problem for years I think I did it in aerobics when I was very early 20's. It's been bad on and off since then especially when I was heavy but since losing the weight it has been much better. I've been fine exercising up until today. I guess I must just make sure I avoid certain exercises from now on. It's a bit annoying though!

Organisation is still lacking. I was unable to have lunch until 3 o'clock. Wasn't bothered or hungry but it probably isn't good. Ordinarily I would have just skipped it and then picked all though cooking dinner. But today I made myself have it at 3, in fact I had 1/2 before picking up the boys and the other 1/2 on return.

Lunch:

Wholemeal pitta
2oz reduced hummus
1 olive
1 tomato
Green and red salad leaves

Haven't had the orange or yoghurt yet but maybe will have those while cooking dinner.

It's 4.30pm though now and I'm also meant to have dinner and evening snack. I can't believe how filling this diet is and that I am complaining that I have to eat so much.

I suppose the organised thing to do if I am going to be at the gym all over lunchtime again would be to pack lunch and take it with me. Hopefully though I can get home earlier next week as today I spent time enrolling.

Certainly still enjoying the meals and haven't tried very many of them yet!

Dizzy x

Last edited:
Still cant get over the One olive thing!:eek: :eek: :confused:

I am off diet at the mo, too cold! I NEED FOOD!

Mmmmm mmmmmm - I love cheese and beans on toast - the ultimate comfort food - admittedly usually with thick slices of strong cheddar :sigh: but even so - yummy!!!!

The 1 olive :wave_cry: thing cracks me up too :D - almost as bad a 1 apricot :break_diet: (sorry - just noticed that smilie and had to use it!!)

I will try the apple muesli for breakfast Saturday morning - have got homemade curried parsnip soup for my tea made by my friend for me cos she knew I was poorly - how fab is that :)

Hope your hip feels okay tonight

Still cant get over the One olive thing!:eek: :eek: :confused:

I am off diet at the mo, too cold! I NEED FOOD!

Happy to send you any recipes etc if you fancy Gi for a bit. I not a huge fan of eating lots of olives. 1 sliced and spinkled on the salad is plenty for me. It does give an extra dimension to the sald leaves which is appreciated. Artie likes eating olives will have to let him eat a few of them. I got a pick and mix pot in Tesco I think they only last a couple of weeks max so I won't be getting through the whole pot myself having them one by one!:D

Dizzy x

Mmmmm mmmmmm - I love cheese and beans on toast - the ultimate comfort food - admittedly usually with thick slices of strong cheddar :sigh: but even so - yummy!!!!

The 1 olive :wave_cry: thing cracks me up too :D - almost as bad a 1 apricot :break_diet: (sorry - just noticed that smilie and had to use it!!)

I will try the apple muesli for breakfast Saturday morning - have got homemade curried parsnip soup for my tea made by my friend for me cos she knew I was poorly - how fab is that :)

Hope your hip feels okay tonight

The soup sounded nice. Good friend getting some goodness down you. Hope you will soon be feeling better.

If you want to keep dieting while you are poorly you really should try to eat 1300 calories of good nutritious stuff. You need to look after yourself girly. You work very hard.

I'm going to use the icon with the angel wings falling off next post. But it's not entirely true!

Dizzy x

Final post of the day time again

Had a bit of a problem with sticking to the plan today after not finishing lunch until almost 4pm.

While I cooked the boys dinner I ate 1/2 grapefruit instead of satsuma left over from lunch allowance and also Tesco Healthy Living yoghurt left from lunch too.

After dishing up what the boys would eat there were 8 chips left and a few beans. I decided to eat those as again I couldn't face cooking and eating a large meal. Wouldn't be so bad but I didn't eat the dinner last night too.

I decided to eat a few healthy snacks to make up my fruit and veg etc for the day so this is what I have had.

1 raw carrot
1 dried apricot
1 apple
handful of cashews

I really feel like I have eaten plenty. I am only disappointed because it feels like I have been snacking instead of eating regular meals.

Must try to address this tomorrow. Will plan my day more and take into consideration having time to eat and prepare meals at the appropriate times.

4 1/2 litres of water had today in addition to black coffees and green teas.

Dizzy x

Tasha couldn't use the break diet smilie all the smiles have disappeared for some reason.

Hi Dizzy....since I am not REALLY SSing at the minute looking at your food diary is not too difficult!!

Its Tesco E diets you signed up for isnt it? Do they send you daily menus and shopping lists or something??

Seems to be nice and easy to go along with....except I'm a mad fussy eater! Its defiantely something I will be looking at in a cuple of months though....

Keep going girlie....you are doing great! And well done on signing up to the gym....much more motivation to keep going when the money is leaving your account!

Hi Kazz

Yes it is Tesco ediets. They have lots of diet plans not just Gi and you can switch around if you want to. They give you a weekly meal plan and shopping list too. If you want to change anything on the meal plan you can and there is a list of alternatives you can pick from. You can request to prepare your meals or use convenience meals. You have a diet mentor too, they have forums and lots of other facilites too. It is working well for me at the moment and I do love the low Gi foods.

Haven't had my breakie yet so gonna go do that. Just signed in early as I wanted to change my ticker this morning. ;)

Dizzy x

DAY 5 - Gi Plan

Weight 11 st 8lb :D

Breakfast

Banana and Peanut Butter on Toast with Fruit Juice.

1 Small Banana
2 Slices of Wholegrain Bread
2 tsp of Peanut Butter

1 Glass of Orange Juice
(not had orange juice and not a fan of sweet drinks so have had a green tea but will eat 1/2 a grapefruit mid morning in place of this)

Again an enjoyable breakfast!:p :)

Dizzy x

Hey, a pound off! Brill!

I am back to Atkins today, think i will stick with that for a while, until the weather warms up!

Hi Bex

I don't think a break from CD will do you any harm at all. In fact it may do you a lot of good.:)

Good luck with Atkins, and stay away fromthe choccy biccies.

Dizzy x

Have stuck to plan well so far today:

Lunch 1pm

Wholemeal pitta
21/2oz reduced hummus (extra 1/2 oz to finish tub)
1 olive
1 tomato
Green and red salad leaves

Mandarin Orange (which I have just had 4pm)

HL Yoghurt (not had yet but will probably have later)

Didn't go the gym today as I did a lot yesterday and am a little sore as well as my problem with my hip. Was dying to go but didn't want to risk it and really had other jobs to do too. May go over the weekend if it fits in and I fancy it.

Phoned up regarding becoming a volunteer at our local Citizens Advice Bureau (CAB). Have fancied it for years and years and they advertised last night in the local paper. Am going to see them next Wednesday. So have made another small step towards 'the beyond goal new me'.

Must get back to my jobs and check the boys are doing their homework.

Dizzy x

Dinner

Sesame Chicken Stirfry with Noodles.

Portion of fruit - Bowl of grapes and cherries will have while watching Big Brother I think.

Very nice again, right up my street! :D

While cooking I have also had very small handful of mixed nuts. Calorific but a small quantity and low GI was not in plan but didn't have the yoghurt at lunch so some compensation there.

Very pleased with the way today has gone over all feeling relaxed and happy with how things are progressing.:)

Almost forgot about the evening snack. Am meant to have 1oz bowl of wholegrain cereal and milk. I doubt i will have that now as it is already 8.15pm and I've only just had the dinner as Mizzy wanted me to wait for him. Have had the nuts as an extra so the two things should even themselves out.

Dizzy x

Last edited:
Forgot to mention my 4 1/2 litres of water. May even have another in a mo. In addition to green teas no coffee today.

Dizzy x

Well done on the water glugging!

And the Citizens advice job sounds right up your street! Fingers crossed for you!

What exactly is wrong with your hip?

Don't know exactly it's a mystery. Had an xray in 1992/3 they couldn't see anything. I had blood tests about 2 years ago all fine. Doctor agreed that losing weight would help. It hurts to lift my leg ie lifting it from break to gas when driving. It's been a really on going problem (achng/stiffness periods when it is bad or better. Surprisingly it wasn't so bad during pregancies. I think it is obviously a sensitive area for me and easily hurt. If I am careful and don't do certain exercises I should be fine.

If it does become a problem again now I have lost the weight I will go back to the doctor because I have bupa and so should be able to get something done.

I have fancied CAB for ages. Hopefully it will be for me if not nothing lost. Must get a paid job soon too.

Really feeling more confident now I have made the move on from CD.

Dizzy x

Back