Do not buy exantes new 'mousse mix'!!!

Also I'm not too sure that it can set in just 15 minutes, mine certainly doesn't, and aren't we supposed to consume them within 15 minutes of making them up?!?!

Maybe the exante one is made different or something.. I tried to make jelly and took overnight to set (and didn't taste very nice)!

Could be. It's the same ingredient tho. I'll wait til people start posting reviews of the exante mix. (but Ive discovered I don't have the patience or forethought to make any of the recipes I've read on here though!)

I've used the slim and save mousse mix and it almost sets in the bottle and only once has it not set (my error for sure). 10-15mi s setting is definitely possible!

Too late - already bought it - and I love what it does. I had the most delicious Chocolate Shake Mousse last night - it was delish. Followed the instructions to a T and only added a couple of sweetners to the shake mix as I always do anyway. The Choc mousse was almost as good as Cadburys. Nicely set and full of flavour. Might try a Strawberry one tonight.

I've ordered some. Not got on too well
with the store bought stuff. May as well
give it a go!

Oh wow - had the most delish almost Toffee/Caramel style mousse last night. Made up the Vanilla Shake with 150mls of water as per instructions, added up to 4 sweetener tablets, a tiny amount of coffee - not even half a teaspoon, mix up in a blender with two teaspoons of the mix and had the most perfect subtle flavoured coffee/toffee/caramel mousse - it was amazing :)

Mine arrived at work today, won't get them til tomorrow evening. Dying to try it tho :) Have high hopes after my gelatine disasters!!!

OK, the basic line is I cannot cook! My first mousse with the Exante mix came out just as bad as with the supermarket gelatine! Then I realised I hadn't read the instructions properly and I had been using the shake quantity of water! The mousses need much less, just 150ml. And the sweetner tablet thing helped massively too, three in one mousse sounded excessive, but it definitely needed it. So have finally had a decent strawberry mousse :) And I can use both the tub of powder and the sachets of gelatine now I've figured out what a numpty I am!!! ;-)

Hi Buttons, Not brave enough to try the Jelly yet - am soooo happy with the mousses I am making :)

Back