Do we become obsessed

Moleymole

Nicki xxx
I always said I would never let this diet rule my life and I wouldn't become obsessed - but I'm afraid to say it does and I have :( I am constantly thinking of my weight and looking in the mirror - trying clothes on to see if they still fit - I have this vision that I'm going to wake up one morning and see it all back on. I actually think in my mind that I look the same as I did 8 weeks ago even though I know I don't.

Doesn't help that I'm ill so rundown and feeling blurgh !!

gosh pull yourself together Nicki !!!!!! x

Really common Nicki.

I can remember the first time I ate after the diet and panicking to get home to get on the scales to see how bad the damage was.

And I think with any quick loss diet (and any other diet) you are so proud and everyone is saying how well you have done that you don't want to fail and put it all back on.

But the reality is that over time you will find your level, it took me the best part of a year to get 'good at' being slim and obsessing less and less until it just becomes a way of life.

I have been at goal now for nearly five years and haven't dieted at all in that five years so it can be done, but the first thing to realise is that if you just eat a reasonable healthy diet most of the time and moderate your calories then you will be fine.

Well done you

M.

From the man himself!

I hope to be like icemoose one day Nicki if you have a read of thedietguy.co.uk you will get loads of hits and tips!!

I think it's good to be a little bit obsessed, especially at
First as it keeps us on our toes and out of mcdonalds....

Just got to find the balance, like Mike has, Which by the sounds of it takes time...

You should be so so proud sweetie you've done so well - you will be absolutely fine, use to obsession in a positive way until you find your feet ad your head catches up with your beautiful body

Xxxxx

im very obsessed when on cambridge. i keep a notebook where i write down shake timings, how much water ive had, feeling etc

i take my measurements most mornings and stand in my underwear to look in the mirror to see what it looks like thou in my eyes i look bigger than ever, lol

thanks guys - I guess when you have struggled your whole life and always been "the big girl" to suddenly be what society classes as "normal" is a big culture shock ! I have never stuck to a diet like I have this one and never got to the finishing line before - not that I really know what my finishing line is ..

xx

Claire.... step away from the notebook and wean yourself off daily measurements gradually! :p

Hi hun,

I agree with the others. When you lose weight this quickly your mind cannot keep up with the losses. I used to wake up in the morning and feel so happy when I remembered I was slim after being big for so long. I then used to think that as I'd lost it so fast, it would go back on just as fast.

The crucial thing to realise is that as long as you don't consume the quantity and type of food you used to eat you won't go back to your old size.

((hugs))

Hi hun,

I agree with the others. When you lose weight this quickly your mind cannot keep up with the losses. I used to wake up in the morning and feel so happy when I remembered I was slim after being big for so long. I then used to think that as I'd lost it so fast, it would go back on just as fast.

The crucial thing to realise is that as long as you don't consume the quantity and type of food you used to eat you won't go back to your old size.

((hugs))

I will never ever do this again - I couldn't imagine eating like I used to x

i think it is easy to obsess and i find the managing the weight once it off very hard. i did let slip for a while when i was training for my half marathon and i was running so much i didn't need to watch my eating as much but as soon as that stopped and i went back to a regular exercise regime i did gain as my eating wasn't modified.

it worries me greatly but this time round i've bought a nice little book to read from alan carr about weight loss, he does a great one about stopping smoking and people just stop smoking so i thought that i'd see what he could do for me. :)

Great things...whats the alan carr book like on dieting??

i get very very obsessed when dieting which isnt healthy at all, i think i need to start reading some books on why we overeat etc

i haven't started reading it yet, not had the time. going to start soon, but i know his stop smoking book is amazing and my uncle just stopped overnight and has never touched one since.

I've heard the diet book isn't as good as the smoking book unfortunately :(

Had a bad night with my ex, we split four years ago and he always get depressed about how ugly he is, how noone will be with him, he never has any money etc........ every year since I have known him he says..... can't wait for so-so year to start this is when its gonna all change but I said to him today.... that you life isn't suddenly gonna ping on jan1st....your not gonna win the lottery on that day, you'll not meet the woman of your dreams.....it just doesn't happen that way, things don't always just fall into place like that..... I said if he stopped smoking it would start a chain of events.... he would drink less alcohol......he would therefor be less depressed have more money to invest in making more of himself with nicier clothes and nicer hair, nice metrosexual prducts which would therefore make him more attractive and more appealling thus landing himself a dream girl....... but he has to start with a leap of faith..... i thus then said I started my weightloss journey on the 23rd september a date that means nothing at all but now means the beginning of a chain of events in my life, I started at 19stone4 and looks like I will be around 15stone13 on the 1st of Jan and half way to my goal, if I'd have opted for the wait til the new year approach I could be over 20stone so it just shows that getting started in the present helps, I think that we can become obsessed but obsession comes from fear and if you let go of your fears and trust yourself you will find that like icemoose says we can make the right decisions most of the time, we know when we are having a blowout we can find an excuse as to why we carry on in bad behaviours but in the end it really doesn't make you feel any better it doesn't bring you closer to your life goals, losing weight for me is just the start of change it will give me a sense of achievement, i don't think that alone will bring me everything that i want but importantly I will see that something that seemed impossible can become possible and that will change how I feel about other obstacles...... how I tackle them it. That leap of faith will start a chain of events in which i am not sure what they will lead too, but I'm looking forward to the journey.
Achieving your goals always start with 3%.....you can achieve your goals because you will always be that bit closer to your goal

Well said AOGG :)

Back