Do we get taller as we lose weight?

valentine

miss yo yo
I know this might seem a bit random but i feel like i have got taller..having lost 8st plus i was wondering if it compresses the spine when you are heavier..

I have a pair of trousers that used to sit lovely with some heels i have...after having lost the last 2 st i just tried them on and they now seem shorter...

Normally when ya lose weight ya clothes hang better and appear longer..

Am i having a blonde moment or does anyone think i should get the tape measure out and see how tall i am lol..xx

That's a really interesting point Valentine, I do hope so because that would mean I could get to my target BMI quicker, as I would be taller! Lol x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

i am going to get my OH to chalk me up against a wall bare foot first thing in the morning Andie..like you do with ya kids when they are little lol.. Its the only way to find out xxxxx

Hehe! Might try that meself! Makes alot of sense tho doesn't it? I mean if you're heavier then in theory it should depress your spine, joints etc. So equally if you're lighter less pressure! X

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I think I'm generally standing up straighter, not sure if I'm actually taller though (well, except I'm happier wearing heels more often!)

Now if I could gain an inch, that would be great, my bmi would go down :D

well i always thought i was "just" about 5ft 6" more 5ft 5 and 3 quarters..

measured up today and i have either been wrongly measured by doctor in past or i have indeed grown taller...OH did the measuring as he is completely OCD and i am indeed a few mm under 5ft 7" ..defo not the just about 5ft 6" height anymore...

seeing as i have lost so much weight i am going to ask my doc to re record my height when i go to see him next ...see what he makes of it xxx

do let us know how you get on, Valentine. This is a really interesting thought! :)

I think it will be down to posture, like Rachel suggests. I thought I was 5'8" and I now seem to be 5'7".

Back