Votes: 11 17.7%
  • Medium

Votes: 27 43.5%
  • Large

Votes: 24 38.7%

• Total voters

Treefrog

slimmer...
I came across this frame size calculator today- apparently, your frame size should determine a healthy BMI for you (I'm a large frame, and tescodiets recommended that I should aim for BMI 24)

I wonder if obese people have a large frame, or if it's more evenly spread? Poll to follow, just thought it might be interesting to see how other people are built!

It's hard to tell what frame one has when it's shrouded by fat though?

I know I have. Even at my slimmer weight I can't get bracelets to fit my boney wrists or hats to fit my big head:eek: Always had to buy mens gloves and socks. Still a size 9 shoe , but only 5'6":(

My scales measure my bone mass and that shows me as large too.

Well, according to my wrist size (not the elbow coz I couldn't work that out) I have a large frame

Id agree with that...big and masculine...just like me :) heheheh

too true, I could only ever get mens bracelets to fit me....now I can get ladies round my wrist....I dont feel this is accurate as a guide of how big boned you are.

I agree. The elbow one is a better indication as you can usually feel the bones if you assume the correct position.

I hear so many people say they are big boned when they really are just overweight.

Having said that, my friend is the same height as me, calls herself big boned, weighs 6 stone more than me and I my wrist is still bigger than hers:eek:

No way is she big boned. She only a size 7 shoe when she was slim. Hardly big eh

I have to say that I'm really surprised there are so many big boned people according to the poll.

Surprised...not disbelieving ;)

I haven't done the BMI thingy.

However: my head has ALWAYS been big and there are no hats that fit my head.
My ankles aren't big and thus I can't shop in Evans for boots because the ankles are ALWAYS to big and wrinkle.
My wrists are normal sized.

Whenever people have said "oh... cah-ching, you aren't fat, you big, big boned" I suggest to them that they are talking bollox and patronising me. I know fat when I see it. I'm fat!

according to the pole i am "big boned", my wrist is 6 1/2 inches, although i have allways thought of myself as big boned, my wrists, i didn't think, were that big, but i am quite broad shouldered.
for now i am big boned AND fat LOL:eek:

according to the pole i am "big boned", my wrist is 6 1/2 inches, although i have allways thought of myself as big boned, my wrists, i didn't think, were that big, but i am quite broad shouldered.
for now i am big boned AND fat LOL:eek:

Relax. I don't think 6.5 inches is big! Mine are 8.5"

I thought 6.5 was rather dinky :D

My wrists are 4.5" and I'm only 5ft 1.
Even at my highest weight I was still small boned which I think makes it higher to diguise even an extra pound in weight. I am 2 stones away from my goal weight of 8 st 3 and given the sizes I am wearing now and my frame I don't think it will be small enough :mad: oh to be tall and have a medium build lol :sigh:

I'm small, supposed to head for a bmi of 22, but I'm rebelling and aiming for 23!

I am only 5 foot tall, even the smallest womens bracelets can slip over my hand and have size 4 feet.

So I am basically just fat! lmao

I'm actually not that fat any more, but can't get my head around it yet!

Mags
xxx

I'm small, supposed to head for a bmi of 22, but I'm rebelling and aiming for 23!

I am only 5 foot tall, even the smallest womens bracelets can slip over my hand and have size 4 feet.

So I am basically just fat! lmao

I'm actually not that fat any more, but can't get my head around it yet!

Mags
xxx

I'm exactly the same, even my engagement ring is child size! My feet have now gone down to a 3.5 from a 4, hopr they don't go down anymore as that will make getting shoes a bit difficult. My BMI aim is 21 so I have a bit of lee-way.

According to that, I'm a small build. But I just think I have freakishly skinny arms! I'm 5 ft 10, and have size 8 feet, and my wrist measures 6 inches (I couldn't figure out what elbow breadth meant either!!) It says i should aim for a BMI of 21, but I know that when i was BMI 22 I looked like a lolly pop lady (that wasn't my altered perception either, I have seen a photo and know it's true!) BMI of 23 please!!

5' 2", size 7 feet, 6.25 in wrist & a large frame apparently. My wrists actually look quite small to me & my collarbones etc. stick out but apparently not medium.... Oh well!

Has anyone worked out what elbow breadth is yet?

Dizzy x

To measure your elbow:-
Stand up. Extend your arm forward so that it is horizontal and parallel to the ground. Turn your hand so your palm is uppermost. Bend your elbow so your forearm is at 90º to the ground. Use the forefinger and thumb of your other hand to locate the narrow part of your elbow joint. Use your same forefinger and thumb as a gauge to determine your elbow breadth

Back