Do you use protein shakes?

I use Holland and Barretts one at the moment. It is helping my waist size go down pretty well. It has a strange texture though. So once I am finished with my huge tins, I will look for some with a better texture.

The one I have are soya protein isolate I believe :)

I'm using MyProtein TrueWhey vanilla as an occasional meal substitute, blitzed in liquidiser with up to a pint of milk/water. Flavour and texture are very good. Sometimes I add raspberries or dissolved cocoa or coffee for alternative flavour. 28g of powder contains 19g protein and about 100 calories I think. I must say I feel satisfied for a long time after taking it. I bought mine online as it seems about half the price of that in local retailers, and if you are thinking of ordering it direct from MyProtein then look out for first time buyer offer code, which gives a good saving!

Hi girls..im using PHD diet whey strawberry flavour. its great really high in protein and has flaxseed so really high in fibre. Im also on weight watchers and one scoop is 1.5 points so helps alot!!

Hi girls..im using PHD diet whey strawberry flavour. its great really high in protein and has flaxseed so really high in fibre. Im also on weight watchers and one scoop is 1.5 points so helps alot!!

I take it thats 1.5 discover points?

Thats pretty low, might look into getting some. I have some stuff at the mo which is 94 calories (2 propoints, probably 1.5 discover points)

Whey Protein | Body Building / Sports Nutrition | Holland & Barrett

Its not got a huge amount of protein in it but I prefer less.. Too much protein is not always a good thing on weight loss terms, protein is still energy that has to be burned off :)

PHD diet - might have a look at that. Been using avid lite products, lo-carb pudding one which you can make into a shake - 90 cals. also use husbands whey one from MyProtein. They do help to keep you feeling full up :0)

I use either PHD Diet, chocolate flav. Or Maxitone Sculptress again in the chocolate flav.

Both mix well in a shaker with water & taste fine and help to beat my chocci cravings. They fill me up & help recovery after exercise.

I've seen the maxitone sculptress ones and keep thinking might try them - and they taste ok with water?

I use Optimum Health Whey Protein, from Discount Supplements - an online site. I've only had the strawberry (I think it's technically strawberries and cream) flavour and it tastes fine with water, and actually NICE when paired with milk! It's about 120cal and 23g protein per 30g scoop. It's also really filling.

PS: Hannata - I like your avatar :D Naruto rules!

I use PHD diet, I am on SW diet so syn the protein but I am feeling much better for it and it stops me getting hungry as much.

I use Optimum Health Whey Protein, from Discount Supplements - an online site. I've only had the strawberry (I think it's technically strawberries and cream) flavour and it tastes fine with water, and actually NICE when paired with milk! It's about 120cal and 23g protein per 30g scoop. It's also really filling.

PS: Hannata - I like your avatar :D Naruto rules!

100 cool points to you for being the first person to notice :)

I use PHD diet, I am on SW diet so syn the protein but I am feeling much better for it and it stops me getting hungry as much.

Out of curiosity; how many syns is in protein shakes? I've done both sw and ww and would love to know how it fits in with you on sw! x

With regards the water debate; I find that shakes are tolerable with water, but only just. You REALLY have to have a decent shaker! I have one with a metal springy ball in it and its wonderful :D no lumps yay!

Its a lot nicer in milk BUT of course you have to count the calories/syns/points in that, whereas water has nil. I've had my "shake" in yoghurt and its nice for a change! :) (I have my morning shake in a yoghurt as its not as quickly digested as it would be in liquid!)

oh oh! How many shakes do people have per day? x

I'm on 1 for non exercise days and 2 for exercise days.

I have 1.5 shakes most days but sometimes have two - I have 3/4 a scoop of chocolate one mixed into a muller light/ natural fat free yog at breakfast, the same at night and then somedays if I do alot of exercise or have syns left I have some more.

1 scoop = 5 syns so I normally use 7.5 (half my daily syn allowance) on protein. I never used to use all my syns so this does not worry me

I'm thinking of using the diet whey after workouts. I'm on sw and going to the gym 4 times a week.

Will this be beneficial or am I better off using them when I'm maintaining? Hoping to be at target in around 3 months.

What benefits can I expect from using the shakes? Will I get a quicker recovery from a workout?

Back