Do you want to be a certain weight or a certain size ?

I've always been a size 14....5ft 7in Well from 1991- 2006 then went up to size 16 @ 13 st 13 lb got down to 11st 1lb.. Size 12

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

Miletaj said:
I've always been a size 14....5ft 7in Well from 1991- 2006 then went up to size 16 @ 13 st 13 lb got down to 11st 1lb.. Size 12

Then I have a over active thyroid .... Weight was dropping off... Not in the best way, I have been on tablets for the last 12 months & put on 2stone 2lbs... Finally off them and my plan now would be to get to 10st 6 - 10st 10...

I'm now at 11st 13lb.... On day 25 & feel like some food today!!!

angelupnorth said:
French Connection and others like it are known for being on the small side. I was thrilled YEARS ago to get into a Karen Millen skirt, would be amazed and over joyed to be able to do the same again by the end of the year. Dont give up on your dream of being a 10 - 12 but also dont forget how well you have done x x

Yeah that's true I suppose, some shops have smaller/larger sizes on average. It looks like the general consensus is aiming for a size 12! Does anyone else just worry that their bones prevent them from getting that small, or is that just me (and a poor excuse!!)? X

AnnieAnnie said:
Nope, at 5'10 & bmi under 23 with lots of muscle tone I was still a 14 bottom due to my hips!

Bones / build is a real concern for me as my mum was never fat but neither of us have ever been below a 16, large hips and wide back. I'm going to give it a good shot tho as I've never seen a fat skeleton ( sp ) so everyone's bones must be the same ? X

I'm 5'4" and 11 stone, can fit comfortably into size 12s, although my size 12 jeans are a bit loose now. My goal is 10 st 5 lbs which is a healthy BMI. When I was this weight previously, I was struggling to squeeze into a 12, so I must be thinner this time even though the same weight, confused!

michelefauk said:
I'm 5'4" and 11 stone, can fit comfortably into size 12s, although my size 12 jeans are a bit loose now. My goal is 10 st 5 lbs which is a healthy BMI. When I was this weight previously, I was struggling to squeeze into a 12, so I must be thinner this time even though the same weight, confused!

Lol thats what I said.... I want to be size 10 and weigh inbetween 10-11stone but not sure how that will pan out! x

I want to be 10 st (I'm 5'7), but I am going to stick to CWP until I reach 12 st, and then eat well and excercise the last 2 st off.

x

funny you should mention this - after my WI on thursday i was actually thing what is more imoprtant size vs weight wise i am 9st 10 and am still a 14 on top i fit size 12 primark jeans, size 10 next jeans and size 8 Gap jeans - work that one out lol!
i have accpted i will never be a size 8 on top as im quite broad accross the shoulders and quite heavy busted 9 was wearing a 36 F before the diet - i have lost loads of my boobs, and the measurement says i should be a 38 C - tried on and althougth the back measurement was fine the cups were far too small - yet i am now falling out of my 36 F bras :-s

i think you need to reacess and not work in numbers but work on how your body looks in the mirror - i would love to go and buy clothes in small or a size 8 - unfortuantely my ribcage measurement is 34 inches so i dont think that will ever be achievable for me :-( sadly .

V xx

michelefauk said:

Clothes sizes have got bigger in the last few years, i have some really really old jeans that were a full size smaller when compared to some bought recently (from shops that generally give the same sizes)

I'd like to be 10 stone but my first goal is 13 stone and see how I feel then x

I have size in my head always not weight, As before baby number 2 at 11st i was a size 12. But my body shape changed so much after baby 2 i have no idea what weight i need to be to get in a 12.
I also have mahooooosive boobs, which is a bummer as they never shrink when the rest of me does, so to even be a 12 bottom i would still be a 16 top probably. Kinda like a darts trophy lol.

Any way be interesting to see just what weight people hit what sizes, i bet we are alllll so different. My friend is heavier than me but taller than me, she looks bigger than me to. But yet gets smaller clothes as her tummy is flatter etc due to not having kids.

I always look bigger either way cos i am top heavy ;-(

I'm 5ft2 I'm weighing at 12.3 want to fit in a size 12 at the moment I'm a 14-16 size want to be 10 stones or 9.12 that's healthy weight as tracked on my bmi should be 22

i am 5ft 2 also and had nearly the same start weight as you are - 9st 10 will give you a BMI of 25 not 22 - without seeing your build, id say you will def be in a size 12 at that weight x

well i'm 5ft 6in and would love to be a size 10 in jeans. i'm quite buxsom so then the top and the bottom have never tallied (top always to sizes bigger than the bottom) so i'd love to be a size 10 on the bottom and 12 on top. Currently size 14 on the bottom and 16 on top.

ploddy said:
well i'm 5ft 6in and would love to be a size 10 in jeans. i'm quite buxsom so then the top and the bottom have never tallied (top always to sizes bigger than the bottom) so i'd love to be a size 10 on the bottom and 12 on top. Currently size 14 on the bottom and 16 on top.

Same as me.... Im 13st 5 at moment.

Good question! My first aim is to be smack bang in the middle of healthy BMI. Which is 9 stone 7 - however I have zilch idea what size that puts me at! I'm praying for 10-12! xxx

angelupnorth said:
Bones / build is a real concern for me as my mum was never fat but neither of us have ever been below a 16, large hips and wide back. I'm going to give it a good shot tho as I've never seen a fat skeleton ( sp ) so everyone's bones must be the same ? X

I think the problem I have is that I store fat on my bottom half & disproportionately so. Hence bmi of 22.5 & size 10 top & 14 bottom. I guess I'd have needed to go lower to lose it from there & with my large frame had started to look quite skinny. Damn womanly thighs!

Back