Does anybody else work long days?

Well ive had a great first day!! Only used 7 syns :) xx

Well done, you sound very motivated. Keep jumping on here for info and support. You will do well :)

O sorry 6 syns. There are 4 syns in malibu not 5 :) had no syns today :) even resisted a giant xmas cupcake today lol xx

Hey everybody!
I tried sw 2 years ago for 9 months.
Am thinking about giving it another go! Currently at my heaviest ever of 14 st 8 lbs! My only concern is that the reason I struggled with other diets is because of the shifts I work. I work in a cash office in a bingo hall so its mainly sitting on my bum! I work 9am - 10:30 pm twice a week then two 7 hour shifts another two days. I definatly struggle on my long days! Usually includes lots of sugary tea/coffee and pop. not to mention meal times! We have a cafe but its the same food as the customers ( just cheaper ) so its whatever with chips!! Very rarely a healthy option. Sometimes rice or boiled potatos but goes with sausages or lasagne with cheap mince! Help! Any ideas helpful xxx

Hi. I know this lady is probably well and truly sorted by now but, for anyone in a similar position, I always find the slow cooker really helpful. Obviously there's some prior preparation to do but I usually put everything (except the warm stock) in the cooker pot the night before and store in the fridge. Pour the stock or other liquid in when it's needed and just switch on and leave. Mine doesn't have a built-in timer so I just use one of the timers you use to turn lamps on and off when you're on your hols so the meal is ready whenever I am. Just wish I'd bought one years ago! : )

Back