Does anyone look at old "thin" photos of themselves...

I have always thought I was fat, or at least a bit chubby! Even when I was a size 10 at college! :eek: Nearly all my friends are so petite, and I'm much more curvy. Even with no fat at all I still look bigger than them! I've always felt that I look bigger than everyone else, had more cellulite than everyone else, blah blah blah. But as I'm older now, I think I'll be more than happy when I'm at my target :) I like having boobs and a bum and hips! Where as when I was younger all I could think about was being more like my stick friends :rolleyes:

Old pictures of the perfect you are a great way of inspiring yourself. Just try not to let them upset you, as they're just a picture of your destination and you will be there soon! You wouldn't cry at a holiday brochure, you'd be excited about where you are going. Not quite the same I know .... ;) Good luck all of you with the rest of your journeys xx

I have always struggled with my weight and have done the big girl loses weight and becomes more attractive thing several times. I think it's almost easier for me to put the weight back on again because I am reverting to a previous set point. I have never worn a bikini even when I was young and thinner, too big a bone structure, too little boob to carry it off ;-) I do have thin photos but I've not looked at them at all because ir just reminds me that I have been there and done that before and got bigger again. What I am doibg though is looking at the clothes I could wear 2 years ago before I fell pregnant, and am very keen to get back into them before May

I'm not sure if that answered the question, but I suppose I never had a fab body or a naturally pretty face so when I get bigger again it's no real shakes that I'm not that attractive. I think if i Had had a golden time in my past where i Was very attractive i'd probably find it harder to deal with being large.

From now on, What I need to learn is to be thankful when I am smaller & try and keep it that way!

How about a photoshoot when you get to target as a treat ladies?? couple of years ago when i'd lost 2 stone i had some piccies took for my hubby.... he was over the moon with them, i've got that 2 stone to lose again and those photo's are a real help! Though i have to admit at the time i still felt big, i look at them now and think 'you silly cow you looked fab'.......seriously need to get head in the right place this time and get it to keep up with the weight loss!!

y

I'm not sure if that answered the question, but I suppose I never had a fab body or a naturally pretty face so when I get bigger again it's no real shakes that I'm not that attractive. I think if i Had had a golden time in my past where i Was very attractive i'd probably find it harder to deal with being large.

I totally relate with what you're saying here Angie, about feeling like "well I was never hot anyway" whether we were or not, but I think you are being hard on yourself, and I think it's sad that you think that you are "not that attractive". If that's you in the photo in your avatar, you look lovely.

My photos range from puppy fat, chubbier, slim, fat, fatter, fattest....to really really slim (for me....I was around 148-9 lbs !!!) then a bit heavier, fat again, fatter, eventually reaching whopper at my top weight of 261 lbs !!!! Phew !!! This does cover around 25 years though, and the only thing worse than the weight is the 80's/ 90's fashions I'm wearing !!!!

:8855::8855::8855::8855:

Diva x

Yes :cry:I miss my old, thin body :cry:

The photoshoot thing is a good idea. Someone i know is a fab photographer and i want to take my son in to get photos taken but ive decided to wait til August, and have some of both of us done. Its a big incentive cos iv wanted to have one doen for ages but the way i look and the way i feel about it has put me off....i dont want to not have any great photos of the 2 of us because my weight has got in the way so thats my "at goal" treat. And i cant wait to have some done and get them up on the wall....a constant reminder of why i did this and why i have to keep it off. I definately want my son to have a healthy mum who is happy with herself, and hopeflly by summer he will lol xx

Back