• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Does anyone remember...

Peace Love Happiness
The article in the Sun or the Daily Mail showing different women heights/weights and dress sizes? I saw it a few months ago and now I can't find it, but I thought it would be useful here, as we've had a few questions about this.

What I found most interesting about it was that some women had to be a lot lighter than me to be the same size, I'm guessing I've got heavy bones! LOL:D
Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!

Peace Love Happiness
I'm not sure if this is it or not, the link to see the pics won't work for me, but I think it's interesting to see how different the sizes are vheight etc

We're in love with our curves! | Mail Online

This one is interesting too, women of all sizes, photoshopped to size zero. Again, I think the range of heights and weights is astounding. eg there is a woman similar height to me (well she is 5'3) 9st4 and a size 14, I know if I was 9st4 I would be a 12, almost a 10. Weird isn't it?

Last edited:
This is something I've been baffled at lately also..

I started off 17st, height 5'2ft and am a size 18/20!

I put it all down to your build! Although I think people in the medical field tend to differ with the whole "big boned" theory. :confused:
Thanks Liberty, I'm the one obsessed with sizes so was interested to read the articles. I couldn't see the photo in the first one but was interested to see the one the same height as me was a 14 at a slightly higher weight than my target. I'm big boned so not sure what size I will end up as!

Thanks Liberty, I thought I was a large frame and according to this I am a medium/large frame.

Silver Member
second article, the girl who is 5'3 and 9.4st if I looka like that when I reach my target I'm resetting my target to 7st LOL I can't believe she is only 9st4... she looks much larger to me.

Silver Member
Thanks for posting the link liberty, I'm medium, thought so but nice to know.

Hi Crims, I know where you are coming from, I felt really mean when I looked at some of the pictures and also started panicking a bit thinking if I am like that at my target I will just have to go lower.

I hate feeling I'm judging other women's bodies, and I am a bit worried now that I will still have a distorted view of my body even when I get to target.

But am determined to be chilled about it and wait to see what happens x
My mum gave me a magazine on Monday where they took a typical size 14 woman and dressed her in outfits from 4 high street shops and the results were interesting! The mag was Yours 12-25 August (it's aimed at a more mature readership so not one most of us would buy) so the shops were not high fashion shops but Principles (big trousers, tightish blouse), John Lewis (tight), M&S (tight trousers) and Debenhams, which came out best!

Interestingly it gave measurements for each size and said a 28" waist was a size 12 - that was the waist measurement of my size 16 skirt from the early 90's!!!