Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

Does anyone remember...

Discussion in 'Lipotrim Forum' started by liberty_girl, 30 August 2008 Social URL.

1. liberty_girl

liberty_girl Peace Love Happiness

Start Weight:
    13st8lb
    Current Weight:
    13st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st4lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    The article in the Sun or the Daily Mail showing different women heights/weights and dress sizes? I saw it a few months ago and now I can't find it, but I thought it would be useful here, as we've had a few questions about this.

What I found most interesting about it was that some women had to be a lot lighter than me to be the same size, I'm guessing I've got heavy bones! LOL:D

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. liberty_girl

Start Weight:
    13st8lb
    Current Weight:
    13st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st4lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    I'm not sure if this is it or not, the link to see the pics won't work for me, but I think it's interesting to see how different the sizes are vheight etc

We're in love with our curves! | Mail Online

This one is interesting too, women of all sizes, photoshopped to size zero. Again, I think the range of heights and weights is astounding. eg there is a woman similar height to me (well she is 5'3) 9st4 and a size 14, I know if I was 9st4 I would be a 12, almost a 10. Weird isn't it?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-422267/Would-size-zero.html

Last edited: 30 August 2008
  4. petals9090

petals9090 Member

This is something I've been baffled at lately also..

I started off 17st, height 5'2ft and am a size 18/20!

I put it all down to your build! Although I think people in the medical field tend to differ with the whole "big boned" theory. :confused:

5. cuddlyfairy

cuddlyfairy Gold Member

Start Weight:
    18st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Diet:
    Lipotrim
    Thanks Liberty, I'm the one obsessed with sizes so was interested to read the articles. I couldn't see the photo in the first one but was interested to see the one the same height as me was a 14 at a slightly higher weight than my target. I'm big boned so not sure what size I will end up as!

x

6. liberty_girl

Start Weight:
    13st8lb
    Current Weight:
    13st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st4lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
  7. cuddlyfairy

cuddlyfairy Gold Member

Start Weight:
    18st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Diet:
    Lipotrim
    Thanks Liberty, I thought I was a large frame and according to this I am a medium/large frame.

x

8. Crims

Crims Silver Member

Start Weight:
    10st13lb
    Current Weight:
    9st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st13lb
    Lost(%):
    1st1lb(9.8%)
    Diet:
    Exante
    second article, the girl who is 5'3 and 9.4st if I looka like that when I reach my target I'm resetting my target to 7st LOL I can't believe she is only 9st4... she looks much larger to me.

9. tara66

tara66 Silver Member

Diet:
    Lipotrim TFR
    Thanks for posting the link liberty, I'm medium, thought so but nice to know.

Hi Crims, I know where you are coming from, I felt really mean when I looked at some of the pictures and also started panicking a bit thinking if I am like that at my target I will just have to go lower.

I hate feeling I'm judging other women's bodies, and I am a bit worried now that I will still have a distorted view of my body even when I get to target.

But am determined to be chilled about it and wait to see what happens x

10. liberty_girl

Start Weight:
    13st8lb
    Current Weight:
    13st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st4lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    bumping this and thinking it might be a good sticky if only it had a good title grrr

11. cuddlyfairy

cuddlyfairy Gold Member

Start Weight:
    18st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Diet:
    Lipotrim
    My mum gave me a magazine on Monday where they took a typical size 14 woman and dressed her in outfits from 4 high street shops and the results were interesting! The mag was Yours 12-25 August (it's aimed at a more mature readership so not one most of us would buy) so the shops were not high fashion shops but Principles (big trousers, tightish blouse), John Lewis (tight), M&S (tight trousers) and Debenhams, which came out best!

Interestingly it gave measurements for each size and said a 28" waist was a size 12 - that was the waist measurement of my size 16 skirt from the early 90's!!!

x

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.