Does anyone still use curves?

Discussion in 'Curves' started by vanda, 8 February 2010 Social URL.

1. vanda

vanda plodding away

Start Weight:
    19st5lb
    Current Weight:
    18st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st5lb
    Lost(%):
    1st0lb(5.17%)
    Diet:
    faffing about
    This forum is really quiet, came on here to see if others recommend curves as one has opened not too far from me.

I dont do any exercise at the mo and am unfortunately naturally a lazy person!

Would be grateful if you could offer any hints as to how hard it is and how much it costs - dont want to shame myself if I go for a nose around and cant afford to join!

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Little Miss in the Making

Little Miss in the Making Banned

Start Weight:
    13st13lb
    Current Weight:
    12st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st9lb
    Lost(%):
    1st6lb(10.26%)
    Diet:
    New You
    I go to Curves and have done for 6 months, each month i am shrinking and definitely put it down to Curves three times a week plus dieting!

4. BrittW

BrittW Timelord

Diet:
    Slimming World
    I go three times a week. I love it xo

5. purpleisa

purpleisa Member

Start Weight:
    14st2lb
    Its great if you have not excercised before or are out of shape. And you change excerises quickly so if you don't like one excerise you know you dont have long before you move on. I go for a one month membership every now and again to shape up a bit. I can't really afford to go all the time - and I like to chop and change my execerise routine (low boredom threshold!!)

6. JJ74

JJ74 New Member

Start Weight:
    14st3lb
    Current Weight:
    13st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st6lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7lb(3.52%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Curves is great as it's only half an hour and you exercise lots of different muscles.

7. *Sparkles*

*Sparkles* **2015 is my Year!**

Start Weight:
    19st11.0lb
    Current Weight:
    17st4lb
    Lost(%):
    2st7lb(12.64%)
    Diet:
    weightwatchers
    I still go...i had a blip where I stopped going but have been back 100% serious this past 2 months. I like it because it is only 30 mins and your in and out before you have even realised that your working out. Last month I lost 1% of body fat which I am told is good lol.

8. vanda

vanda plodding away

Start Weight:
    19st5lb
    Current Weight:
    18st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st5lb
    Lost(%):
    1st0lb(5.17%)
    Diet:
    faffing about
    thanks for the replies. I'm still being lazy and avoiding exercise but will drop into curves over the next few days and see how much it is

9. *Sally Cinnamon*

*Sally Cinnamon* Full Member

Start Weight:
    18st12lb
    Current Weight:
    17st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st2lb(6.06%)
    I have just started going (3/4 times per week) I reckoned that the cost was not that much greater than attending a weight loss class and would be better for me....

10. *Sparkles*

Start Weight:
    19st11.0lb
    Current Weight:
    17st4lb
    Lost(%):
    2st7lb(12.64%)
    Diet:
    weightwatchers
    Just wondering how everyone was getting on with curves?? :)

11. Faustina

Faustina wants a dancer's body.

Start Weight:
    15st0lb
    Current Weight:
    14st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st3lb
    Lost(%):
    1st0lb(6.67%)
    Diet:
    Just eating good food and watching the calories.
    I'd love to do it but the site is so vague and keeps freezing here so can't get much info on the exercises.

Is it a class and ye move on from machine to machine or an individual thing? Who shows you how to do it?

There is one near me but it's in a posh area and am a bit shy. :eek: How much does it cost? It's the nearest one but am concerned area=price... :eek:

12. *Sparkles*

Start Weight:
    19st11.0lb
    Current Weight:
    17st4lb
    Lost(%):
    2st7lb(12.64%)
    Diet:
    weightwatchers
    I pay £29 per month although they currently have an offer where its £34 (i think) for 6 weeks.
    Its 30 mins working in a circuit, a combination of machines and boards where you jog on the spot or do exercises. Its really good and does work when you stick to it :) x

Auburn likes this.
  13. Faustina

Start Weight:
    15st0lb
    Current Weight:
    14st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st3lb
    Lost(%):
    1st0lb(6.67%)
    Diet:
    Thanks so much for the info Sparkles, I've finally got through to an answering machine (it was a fax machine before :confused: ) so left my name and number. I once paid 450 for a gym and went twice so am really nervous. :eek: I hate the not knowing if they're nice or posers.

It's 49 for 6 weeks here so think I'll go for it. Can you remember what they do first, weigh, measure, show you the ropes or let you follow others? Does 90 minutes a week actually make a difference?

14. *Sparkles*

Start Weight:
    19st11.0lb
    Current Weight:
    17st4lb
    Lost(%):
    2st7lb(12.64%)
    Diet:
    weightwatchers
    when i joined (i just turned up) they weighed and measured me and then set some goals for me. They let me try out a few machines but they also reccomended that I book in with an instructor for my 1st session so that they could keep me right.
    Yep i find it does make a difference, my fitness has definetly improved!

15. Faustina

Start Weight:
    15st0lb
    Current Weight:
    14st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st3lb
    Lost(%):
    1st0lb(6.67%)
    Diet:
    Ok joined today, they asked me questions, measured me up and booked me in for my first session tomorrow. I've 8 pounds for my monthly goal which I'm not too keen on, seems a bit much since I'm well on the road already but maybe the exercise will restart it?

She said she'll be with me for my first 3 sessions. I'm excited now! :bliss: Only thing I find weird is they don't open of a Sunday. But as a good Irish Catholic I should be resting anyway on the Sabbath. :p Thanks for your thread Sparkles, it gave me the push to go for it!! :D

Auburn likes this.
  16. *Sparkles*

Start Weight:
    19st11.0lb
    Current Weight:
    17st4lb
    Lost(%):
    2st7lb(12.64%)
    Diet:
    weightwatchers
    really glad that it went well, i know its a pain that it doesnt open on a sunday, however i did a bit of research into other curves in my area and i found 1 that does open on a sunday for a few hrs. Ive got a travel pass which means i can move between curves depending on where i am in the city which is great!
    Let me know how you get on :) xx

17. Auburn

Auburn x x x

Diet:
    Not Eating Like a Pig
    Hmmmmmmmmmmmm ....
    There's one just opened near me....
    Tempting, tempting...!!!

18. *Sally Cinnamon*

*Sally Cinnamon* Full Member

Start Weight:
    18st12lb
    Current Weight:
    17st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st2lb(6.06%)
    go for it....

I joined in June (9th) and lost 1.5 stone before my hols (24th July) with sensible eating and curves, still had alcohol & takeaways.... put 7lbs back on on holidays and resumed on the 10th August.....now lost the 7lbs plus 2 more. I have had my "smart curves" class and you really feel the difference, been 3 times this week and I will be going today & tomorrow. It is great if you need a boost, I feel fantastic afterwards... hope to lose 1 stone by my birthday at end of September then another by Christmas.... watch this space

Oh and the 6 weeks for £39 is on until end of August so what have you got to lose (apart from weight) ;-) xx

Auburn likes this.
  19. Auburn

Auburn x x x

Diet:
    Not Eating Like a Pig
    Thanks Sally. I had intended to go this week, but food poisoning struck. I think I am on the mend though, and shall give it a go on Monday after work. You are right, nothing to lose but a big fat bum :)!!

20. Trancemadam

Trancemadam Member

Had my first curves session today - I have two stone (initially) to lose after having dd but might go for another 7lbs after that - depends on what I look like. Loved it - it's definitely not for posers - there were women from all different ages and abilities there today.

I found a couple of the machines quite easy but I have very good strength - I can't wait until next week when I do my strength test thing and go onto smart curves - they told me that gives you a much better workout and really helps the weight come off.

I'm going to do the weight management thing too.

21. *Sparkles*

Start Weight:
    19st11.0lb
    Current Weight:
    17st4lb
    Lost(%):
    2st7lb(12.64%)
    Diet:
    weightwatchers
    good luck hunni, curves does work if you stick in at it :) xx

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.