Does anyone still use curves?

Nice to see ppl on this Curves thread. I joined at the end of Feb. Since then I have lost 41 inches and 35lbs. I love it, back to work now after maternity leave but still fitting it in. Doing my weight watchers aswell but to be honest been bad since start of Sept and then on my hols so going to get back into it! Still got some baby weight to get rid of. x

I joined Curves 2 years ago.
I really like it, and to be honest, its the only thing that I have been fairly consistant with over that time :eek:
I was unable to go last week, as I had a mega cold...but I am looking forward to get back there tomorrow :)

Hi,
I joined curves in Jan and love it. Been really naughty the last few weeks and lost a lot of motivation, but I'm looking forward to getting back with to it tomo! I def think it makes a big diff to weight loss

Hey all, I am a newbie on the site. and I started doing Curves on Friday. Not following the weight management plan yet, but I've been going to the sessions (30 mins x 3 times a week) and although I've only done it twice I feel great!! I am already so excited about going tomorrow. I have all my sessions planned out already for the next few weeks. Started on the 6 week summer deal -£39 for 6 weeks, no joing fee. Its great and its on the way to my stations soI got no more excuses not to go. I pop in before or after work. Its goes quick and you really get a fantastic work ut. I have alot to lose so I am looking for some support. Wish me luck please :)

Good luck Tiggertoes! ;)

I joined Curves just last Monday and am really feeling motivated and excited...I really hope this will work for me. I'm still getting used to the machines and setting a pace for myself so I'm sure it might take me a little while before I see results.

It's encouraging to know other women have had good experiences with them and get results. :)

I asked about the weight management classes there also. there is one starting next month which I am considering joining. I'm not really good at sticking to a diet at all and I know I need to change my eating habits so I guess I'm a little uncertain if I will find it helpful.

Has anyone had any experience of attending those classes?

Hello Dhanne,

Thanks for your support. How is the workout going?

I've been trying hard to go for the past three weeks. And so far I've missed only 2 days (sticking to the 3 day a week routine)

I did walk alot and been keeping active alot more than usual on my "off" days. Not seen a huge difference so far but I am starting to feel tighter in areas. My stomach and arms and legs seem to be getting slightly firmer. And I am sore.. All over.. But its totally rewarding.

My club is also really great, the manager there Alex is so lovely and all the staff are really down to earth and friendly and helpful. I feel so confortable and I can definitely see myself there for many moons to come.

I've also decided to help the diet along, by going on the Exante diet. I am starting next week Monday. I have so much to loose and I feel like I might get demotivated if I don't do something with dramatic results. I am already going to the gym now, and I have already got my mind set right, so now I need to see the pounds shift off.

Let me know how it goes. I'll keep you updated on my progress.

Tigger.

Hi
I've joined curves yesterday and must say it seems very simple and everyone was really nice. I'm holding out high hopes for it.

Karemc

\i joined curves before christmas but have been hectic over christmas, starting back tomorrow. Heard so many positives about it :)

\i joined curves before christmas but have been hectic over christmas, starting back tomorrow. Heard so many positives about it :)

Good Luck, I was interested in starting :) xx

Good Luck, I was interested in starting :) xx

I would if I was you Gem, its a really supportive place and you dont feel like its a gym. Went for my first real session last night and ache to ******* today lol. You get a tag which allows you to see how hard you worked and I was quite pleased that I had exercised all my muscles yesterday :) down side is im feeling every one today hehehe

You can have a free trail as well before starting which I thought was good

xxx

I have just booked my induction to re-joined curves :) I left the last time as it was too far away and I got a new job so it just didn't fit in but now they have opened one round from my work which is fab! How is everyone finding it? xxx

I think Curves sounds very good, I am going to see if there are any near me. Love the idea of being all female, wouldn't go to a normal gym just yet as I feel to big. Cacee

I can really recommend it, I went for a year then stopped for 10 months because of family problems. Went back last week, gained 2 stone and alot of inches, back on it, 4 times this week, I know it works, def recommend :)

I'm thinking about rejoining curves, my mums being going for years and my sister recently joined it and you can really see the results!

The only thing holding me back is the price. I've been going to exercise classes for the past month or so that cost me £5 each time and I know there are gym memberships I can get that will include that in their price and still be cheaper than curves.

I was at a gym last year and hardly went (it didnt have classes but did have a pool). I think the reason I didn't go that much was that there was no routine at all. I wasn't even showed all the equipment when I booked in for assessment.

So I'm confused. Should I try Curves again since it is a set routine and can be easily fit in or just keep going to my classes?? There is only one class that I like and I don't like the look of the actual gym there so am not even thinking of joining it.

does nobody go to curves anymore????

anyway for an update on my last post, I joined that day and have been keeping it up pretty well. had my weigh in/measurements done and while I have put on a lb (which I knew I had since my food hasn't been right) I have lost 3 inches :) :)

an inch of my bust and waist. 3/4 inches off hips and 1/4 inch of the biggest part of tummy. could've been better if i stuck to my diet.... well see how I do next month :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Well done Leah, looks as though your doing really well. I have got a curves membership but I haven't been for months. I really want to start going as I did enjoy it when I was going. I just need to get the motivation lol

Hiya everyone.

Phoned up my Curves this morning and will go and rejoin tomorrow, when I have some money in me account.

Looking forward to it but also apprehensive.

Hows everyone else doing?

Judith & PIckle

Back