Does everyone use their weeklies?

Foo Fan

Gold Member
I'm sure you've all been asked this before but does everyone use their 49 weekly points?

My first week I just stuck to 26 points per day and I lost 5.5lb....

This week I have dipped into my weeklies (yesterday and today) so I have 19 weekly points left... My weigh in is on Thursday and I'm worried I might not lose this week because of this?

What's everyones thoughts?

Thanks x

I did WW before and in my first week used all my weeklies plus 45 dailies and lost 14lbs in 3 weeks! If it didn't work it wouldn't be such a popular diet. The scales will tell you if the weeklies work for you x

I used 9 of my weeklies and most of my dailys last week (1st week) and lost a whopping 6.5lbs!! Although this week am like you, dipped into the weeklies quite a bit and am worrying! x

Like you ladies I stuck to my dailys and didn't really want to use my weeklies (tho used a few without initially realising - was pointing things wrong). In my 3rd week I used most of my weeklies and lost weight... This has continued (as has my weight loss) but tonight I only lost 1lb (I say only cos my home scales were saying 2lb plus it being the week after my TOTM I was expecting a bigger drop!) so am going to try and stick to my dailys again this week and see what happens.

It really is trial and error. Everyone is different and every body works differently - so just try it and see what works for u!! Xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I tend to vary between eating all my weeklies or just dipping in to them

I find I lose more weight when I have more weeklies though - very strange

this is interesting as i thought best not to touch them but saturday is a meal out and i will have to! LOL. Scared to not lose weight. So much to shift and i don't want to take forever - i am on a mission!

I'm the same. I know it's trial and error but when you know you've worked hard to lose it you had the idea of putting it back on again! Especially when you want it off as quick as possible!! But I would definitely try it sooner rather than later before the fear is too overwhelming. Imagine being able to lose weight and have more points?! Surely thats worth finding out :) xx

If the weeklies were a bad idea they wouldn't be there so don't feel bad for using them. It's calculated so you can eat your dailies and weeklies in full every week and still lose weight in the long run. in my second week I ate/drank through all my weeklies in one night (work do) and still lost 2lb so it's definitely not a real hinderance. Like others have said, you're mileage may vary so experiment a bit.

I use most of my weeklies every wk and in 27 wks have lost every wk except for one that i knew i wouldnt . It works for some but not for others so give it a bash x x

I've only started ww again last week but avoided using any weeklies last week (although with doing it at home was on the wrong propoints value so I did use done accidentally) this week I've tried not to use them but have used about 15 so far mostly as yesterday ended up being a bad day!

Having done the plan before it does work (or at least I maintained) having the extra points

I stayed the same this week after using my weeklies - also I've used my points on things like chocolate and bead this week - so I think that has a lot 2 do with it....
Going to plan better this week and eat more fruit etc :)

This week I was going to not use my weeklies and stick to my 26pp - which mon-thurs I managed! However being off Uni yesterday meant more time to eat! Went over by 3pp. Had a subway yday and today - but was within my points :) Gonna have to go over slightly tonight too but won't take the mick! fingers crossed for Monday's WI still! xx

Back