Does Green Tea Make a difference?

I got a fridge jug from Poundland and I put half a lemon sliced in and two green tea teabags, fill with boiling water, stir and let it cool down. Once its cold I take the tea bags out but leave the lemon in and drink it with Tesco Cherries & Berries juice and ice cubes.

Its really nice and I have a jug a day of it like this :D
That sounds really, really lovely - I'll need to try that, thank you!

I'm into Twinings Revive & Revitalise Lemon & Ginger tea at the mo ... think I'm a bit addicted :D

It's caffeine free but I'm sure it has given my metabolism a boost!

By the way ... a lot of people think Green Tea is caffeine free ... it actually has MORE caffeine than coffee :eek:

oh i thought it didnt have any caffine in it...im such a dumbass:p. Im going to keep introducing it into my diet as it stops me using my milk allowance as quick!!!

By the way ... a lot of people think Green Tea is caffeine free ... it actually has MORE caffeine than coffee :eek:

That's true - but only weight for weight leaves to beans - the actual prepared cups of tea have a lot LESS caffeine than coffee :D

An average serving of brewed coffee contains 145 mg of caffeine, the same serving size of green tea provides 25 mg (black tea provides 47–60 mg and white tea 15 mg).

Hi. Apparently you have to drink at least 5 cups a day for it to be a benefit to weight loss. I have drunk it a lot in the past and I do think it helped but it may have been down to not having the usual milk in tea/coffee.

5 cups is a lot!

So far I had 2 cups of white tea and 2 cups of green tea. I drink lots of tea and some days I drink 5 cups but they aren't all from the same plant, that wpuld taste boring after a while, hehe :)

Do you think you would like it if you're not a tea drinker? Like milky coffees, lattes, but never have been a tea drinker. But this seems to be the one tea to drink! Whaddya reckon?

I only drink coffee normally but have found it ok. I dont like it as much but its nothing like normal tea xx

It doesn't taste as nice as a nom nom latte :-D
But, it's not horrible... And u get used to it. I like the one with lemon. Quite a nice change to normal tea and coffee too x

That's true - but only weight for weight leaves to beans - the actual prepared cups of tea have a lot LESS caffeine than coffee :D

An average serving of brewed coffee contains 145 mg of caffeine, the same serving size of green tea provides 25 mg (black tea provides 47–60 mg and white tea 15 mg).

That's what I thought too.. but my logic was far less scientific!! My reckoning is that the caffeine is all in the teabag, so because it's 'diffused' I suppose, and you take the bag out, you're removing most of the caffeine. Whereas if you make a coffee, you don't then take the coffee beans out!!

I've never been a tea drinker, in fact I only got into coffee about a year ago. I'd actually rather have a green tea now than a coffee, though. It is an acquired taste, shall we say..!!

Back